BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Ticket Prices

The only reason for getting a Season Ticket is the lack of hassle.

Can I correct you bob please..the MAIN reason for having a season ticket is to financially support the club.

If people are turning their noses up at Rovers freezing prices then its a bloody poor do...if we dont atleast equal last seasons sales then believe me the club wont ever bother again.

Again I reiterate that we could be the only Premierleague side AGAIN (just like last season) to see season ticket numbers/gates fall......its very depressing for all concerned:(

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I correct you bob please..the MAIN reason for having a season ticket is to financially support the club.

Sorry SG194, Bob was right. The reason to pay for a season ticket is to save the hassle of specifically buying tickets. Rovers isn't a charity, we pay for a service. Which is why if people do not feel they are getting a decent deal they have every right to stop pouring their money into the club.

If the club "wont ever bother again" then they will get what they deserve; less fans. Rovers are a business as much as a club. If it wants to be one it has to shake this feeling of having a God-given right to money from the local population. Why should Rovers be funded with money that could go on people's family without even bothering to earn it? Following a club may be a right and a privilege but it's also bloody expensive do these days!

The club have already announced the matchday prices and the quantity of the Category A and B games next season (no category C anymore)

so Stu's quick maths gives us....

8x Cat 8 @£28 = 224

11 x Cat B @ £24 = 264

TOTAL = £488.

So for me (without loyalty discount I bought Season Tickets for me and mrs stuwily as it saves us each £78. or almost £160. plus the saving on programmes this year of £28.50 (did anyone else notice this means they have put programmes upto £3?)

So I can even miss a few games (which is likely) and still save money, not to mention saving the £38 in booking fees as it costs £1 per ticket to order macthday tickets over the phone.

So, to summarise. Bargain.

Of course the club doesn't have the god given right to 'expect money from the population' but without that support the club could cease to exist.What p1sses me off the most is the fact that Rovers have done everything possible to make attending Ewood affordable yet still people will f'kin moan and groan.Ok, perhaps the football hasn't been as entertaining as we SPOILT Rovers fans would like but to me the club is asking for the people of Blackburn for a little more support in these 'hard times'....we all enjoyed the title year and many were quick to join the Rovers bandwaggon but you have to ask where are the 6,000 extra season ticket holders now???.....

'If the club "wont ever bother again" then they will get what they deserve; less fans.'

That comment sickens me FLB!, what about all the initiatives the club has offered over the years: £5 home tickets, free travel to away matches ect.....same old Rovers fans; take,take take! mad.gif

SUPPORT THE CLUB.

8x Cat 8 @£28 = 224

11 x Cat B @ £24 = 264

TOTAL = £488.

BBE with loyalty discount £385.

Thats £103 saving for me.

Dont let the Mrs say I waste money again.

Print and stick to fridge door

SG194 - I did actually say the "only reason" - which was a mistake as I also put "but at the end of the day the money does actually help the club if it's provided up front." which in my book constitutes financially supporting the club. There, that's some more hairs split.

Having read further posts the benefits can be summarized as follows:-

1. (Financially) Support Blackburn Rovers Football Club.

2. It's actually Cheaper than buying individual tickets! (I was renewing anyway and haven’t read the blurb to be honest - but have the club made as bigger deal of this as perhaps they should? Stick that in your talking bus shelter – you never know)

3. Less Hassle.

4. Guaranteed tickets for Cup Games.

5. What else are you going to do with your time? Decorating? Shopping?

i've spoken to 12 ST holders in the last week (from Chorley/Euxton/Leyland) and not one will  be renewing.  They range from being holders from 10 to 25 years and see no benefit whatsoever in an ST apart from knowing where they sit.

They cant be that good of a fan if they arent renewing when the club has actually done the right thing this year. We have some of the best priced season tickets in the league.

rover.gif think before you speak,25 years a season ticket holder,3rd division and all that,but you did say you were 16 tinykit.gif

Renewals online?? Has anyone managed to do this? I've followed the links:

Tickets

Book on Line

Select an Event

2004/2005 Season Renewals

After getting to this point I have no further options available to me

I'm shown as logged in.

Never managed to buy a ticket this way either

Tickets

Book on Line

Select an Event

I'm shown as logged in.

Managed to buy all my matchday tickets this way last season, so obviously no season ticket. Sorry.

I Think i'm gunna get one this year - I've neva had one due to me working saturdays plus the fact i live 175miles away!! but last season i went to about 15 matches, and i hope to go to more next season, so it does make sence i suppose!! tinykit.gif

Well it shows what a good deal I am getting from Rovers this year. My young adult s/t is costing £210 with loyalty bonus (or £175 if we end up staying in the family stand mad.gif ) to watch a season's worth of Premiership football. Only £40 more than conference football. I know what I'd rather pay for.

Even Clitheroe s/t's are in excess of £100 this term.

To watch the woeful Preston North End will set you back £335 (although they do a student discount as well as the Young Adult so us mature students will save a bit)

The folks at the cobbled end of the M65 have to pay £369 (discounted, or £420 full price) I know you can go the local farm to watch 11 donkeys cavort on gress but for Burnley S/T's to cost more than ours?

Park Stand at Everton is £457.

Does this put some perspective on it? Paying more to watch Burnley than Rovers?

:rover:is price the bee all and end all when buying a season ticket,many fans are ###### off with the attitude of stewards,souness's buys,changing times of k.o.

i reckon we will do very well to sell 13k this summer tinykit.gif

:rover:is price the bee all and end all when buying a season ticket,many fans are ###### off with the attitude of stewards,souness's buys,changing times of k.o.

i reckon we will do very well to sell 13k this summer tinykit.gif

If the attitude of stewards is enough to make you not support your team thats shocking.

Tickets

Book on Line

Select an Event

I'm shown as logged in.

I did mine on-line last year and will almost certainly do so again, even though it's costing me £4.25 for the priviledge.

If the system knows your customer number and post code it should have your information on screen.

'If the club "wont ever bother again" then they will get what they deserve; less fans.'

That  comment sickens me FLB!, what about all the initiatives the club has offered over the years: £5 home tickets, free travel to away matches ect.....same old Rovers fans; take,take take! mad.gif

SUPPORT THE CLUB.

SG194- Read my post again. The comment that seemingly sickened you began with the word 'if' and I did NOT suggest that Rovers did not try to entice fans. Quite the opposite- I've not moaned and groaned once about the deals Rovers have put on, in fact I'm very impressed that they are trying to reach those fans we lost despite finishing sixth.

It was in reply to your suggestion "believe me the club wont ever bother again". You're wrong. The club will bother - they do not share your outlook thankfully or those fans will not come back.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

Tickets

Book on Line

Select an Event

I'm shown as logged in.

I did mine on-line last year and will almost certainly do so again, even though it's costing me £4.25 for the priviledge.

If the system knows your customer number and post code it should have your information on screen.

OK, I can access the Rovers site, Rovers World and can log in and be shown as me when I go to book tickets on line. All my details, address, phone, shoe size etc are correct in my account. There is NO option on my account details to enter my customer number details taken from my season ticket.

I click "select an event" and get shown 2004/2005 season ticket renewals in the event box with the day being 24th May and the location Ewood Park.

From this point I have no further options. I've had this discussion elsewhere, from my view the online booking system simply does not work and clear instructions are lacking. Think I may call the club today.

That  comment sickens me FLB!, what about all the initiatives the club has offered over the years: £5 home tickets, free travel to away matches ect.....same old Rovers fans; take,take take! mad.gif

SUPPORT THE CLUB.

SG194- Read my post again. The comment that seemingly sickened you began with the word 'if' and I did NOT suggest that Rovers did not try to entice fans. Quite the opposite- I've not moaned and groaned once about the deals Rovers have put on, in fact I'm very impressed that they are trying to reach those fans we lost despite finishing sixth.

It was in reply to your suggestion "believe me the club wont ever bother again". You're wrong. The club will bother - they do not share your outlook thankfully or those fans will not come back.

FLB-read my post again...where did I say you personally were moaning and groaning? rolleyes.gif my vitriol is aimed at those who will refuse to purchase a season ticket even with all the clubs financial initiatives for next season due to the fact that 'we weren't entertained enough last season!' blah,blah,blah.

John Williams has already stated that the club is taking a gamble with freezing the prices,if (as many expect) we again lose season ticket holder's then the club could easily lose money on last season....do you really believe the club would let that trend continue?

If the club dont see a positive response to their offers then I personally believe they wont do it again....THEY SIMPLY CANT AFFORD TOO!

Once again my comments are aimed at those who are having second thoughts about renewing.....

Quote from John Williams,season ticket renewal letter:

'' To survive as a Premiership club over the long-term it is imperative that we find more and more season ticket holders.''

''We are really trying to give a great deal- PLEASE HELP,BUY YOUR SEASON TICKET''

The prices at Deepdale and the Turd REALLY put matters into perspective..we dont realise how lucky we are,some it would seem cant see beyond their noses.

£170 to watch tat Accy stanley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!cheap? ohmy.gif

WHAT IS THE ANSWER?

(So there's no escape Kayos) As Paul said they're an improvement on last year as they already have all the details on the form. An idiot could fill it in in a matter of minutes, as I prove to myself.

Never was Bobf mi old mucka laugh.giflaugh.gif

Yep mine FINALLY arrived and duly completed and in the post.

As mentioned before though - the time limit £50 travel voucher is of non use due to it having to be booked by the end of December which I am unlikely to do - why isn't an option given for something else - no benefit for the 'cheaper hot dog and drink' as I don't eat meat (very incosiderate Rovers what about the veggie alternative or a reduction on the pints? laugh.gif ) and don't buy programmes anymore because they are a absolute rip off and these will probably increase so all in all the saving is not really of any benefit and why do we have to ring up for the Cup game ticket scheme?

Moans - maybe but I always renew anyway regardless of the package

Have to agree though - much better and compact Season Ticket pack the even an idiot ('eg to quote BobF himself biggrin.gif ) can complete.

In answer to the 'What is the answer' - My personal outlook on this is that Football is becoming to expensive and less enjoyable nowadays and the season ticket is becoming a bit defunct in it purpose - people don't want to pay the exorbitant costs - especially in wages to players that they consider not to be able to lace their grandads boots.

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

Ticket prices, kick off times, price of a programme etc... who cares.

Supporters who love the club will be there through thick and thin.

Nothing will stop me buying my season ticket. Shame some others find petty excuses to try and get out of buying one.

Ticket prices, kick off times, price of a programme etc... who cares.

Supporters who love the club will be there through thick and thin.

Nothing will stop me buying my season ticket. Shame some others find petty excuses to try and get out of buying one.

With all due respect Hughesy times of kick offs can give some people (myself included) major problems with getting to games. And in part where my reason for not renewing back in 97 or whenever it was. Babysitters are reluctant on Sundays in my family.

But anyway, minor detail.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.