BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] And So It Begins Again!

ROVERS KICKING OFF AGAIN

These summer breaks seem to get shorter and shorter - only the middle of July and Rovers today are kicking off in their first pre-season friendly. The match against SG Schorndorf starts at 5pm local time and as Germany is an hour ahead of the UK, that'll be 4pm for us back here in Blighty. The article linked above mentions the expected return of Barry Ferguson, Lorenzo Amoruso and David Thompson from injury, as well as the three new signings. What it doesn't mention is which players were left at home so does anyone know for definite whether Cole has or has not gone?

Even though only a pre-season friendly it'll be interesting to see who Souness picks in midfield and where. Is Thompson or Emerton to start at right midfield? Who in the middle alongside Ferguson? Maybe most importantly considering the recent palavar over a certain striker, who is picked up front? It's only very, very early but I'll be interested to see the team Souness picks.

After today there are two more games in Germany next week before returning to England for away games with Stockport County (Wednesday 28th July), Preston (Saturday 31st July) and then the only home game for pre-season...the glamour tie against Sporting Lisbon on Wedneday 4th August. The pre-season warm ups conclude on Saturday 7th August at Bray Wanderers.

Last year between the start of pre-season and the actual close of the transfer window I think we added three players; Ferguson, Reid and Baggio. Possibly Babbel as well if I remember right. While Souness has suggested that he is happy with his squad, if Cole does leave I'd be very surprised if no more players came in. Oh well...it's the middle of July and yet the (pre) season starts here!

2004/05 : PRE-SEASON FRIENDLIES?

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.