BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] And So It Begins Again!

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Think it's clever of Rovers to not announance the name of the trialist because we don't want other clubs after him do we. We may have come across i gem here.

i gem ? He's still at Vasco da Gama, he scored against Flamengo the other day.

This will remain a secret and so it should. It's probably a private joke by the Rovers staff - the old A. Trialist ruse laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

There's a tiny chance it's the next Shearer / Ronaldo / Papin / Cantona / Cruyff hydrid - Dolly's chief scientist has been working on it. If this is the case then the news will not leak - because the live feed to CNN went down this afternoon, the only people who saw this game were SteB, JP and Andy Neild.

They have all been sworn to secrecy so basically we'll never know. Sorry folks.

Just had a text message from Jordan. he's convinced it's that bloke from Stockport. He's clearly pi55ed.

Don't worry folks - I'm going over to germany on Monday. I'll identify the mystery trialist and report back. I never get pi55ed so you can rely on me.

Good spot Alan.

First thing that strikes me are his pretty boy good looks, we might be trying to tap into the Cristiano Ronaldo market for people who like their players slightly effeminate, he's not the tallest though I must say, which must be a concern.

Is this picture taken during transfer talks? Good move by Saunders to keep his face covered and not reveal his true identity. No one in their right mind would sign for the The Most Evil Man in World Football (Worse than David Pleat). (although I must say he’s done a good job with the DeanoCard Season Ticket thingy).

Saunders is clearly playing hard ball during the negotiations when this picture was taken….. “£55,000 a week, take it or leave it” at which mystery player is saying “Make it £60,000 and I promise I’ll talk to you in training”. Deano “Leave it with me” he then turns to the camera and shouts "Gaffer!! Has Coley gone yet?!?".

There's a photo of the trialist in the Daily this morning. Looks as if Rovers are keeping his identity under raps.

whats the women doing with her left hand?

Inspecting the emboidery of his exclusive Lonsdale robe, why? ph34r.gif

There's a photo of the trialist in the Daily this morning. Looks as if Rovers are keeping his identity under raps.

Well that's sorted.

Claude Rains is Tugay's invisble friend!

Rovers played a young trialist in their first game in Austria during their pre-season tour 2 years ago, who also scored. His identity was never officially revealed, because he he was not cleared to play under the International clearance laws.

No doubt this is a similar case

So till this day we dont know who that young trialist was two years ago? blink.gif

He was a young Morroccan lad who was based in Abtenau, where the Rovers were playing and turned out to be the son of a contact of Graeme Souness. He was never seen again

So till this day we dont know who that young trialist was two years ago? blink.gif

He was a young Morroccan lad who was based in Abtenau, where the Rovers were playing and turned out to be the son of a contact of Graeme Souness. He was never seen again

Considering I was there with you John, I'm surprised you remember it like that.

The trialist that time was a lad called something like Karim Kerlkau, he played the one game and went back to the French club he'd come from.

He ended up at Manchester City, I think Keggy gave him a one year deal, but he left without ever playing a first team game.

Update: I wasn't far off, it was Karim Kerkar, he had a three month contract with City.

More here

Ah I see you are a historian.

Did your memory rewrite history?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.