Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gamst Pedersen

krislu

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really glad to hear this, hope he starts today against Manure.. biggrin.gif

So who are rovers still in for now with only 4 days to go? Coridon?.. Anyone heard more on El Hammound? (sp) unsure.gif

He is starting. Souness has told him. And he got drilled yesterday!

ONLY 1 1/2 HRS LEFT. JESUS.

What a waste of money. The guy is pants and we wasted £2 million on him when we could have bought Steve Guppy. At least Guppy can put in decent crosses.

I'm talking about Dwight Yorke by the way. wink.gif

MGP had a disappointing debut but it's still early days.

out of 10, i'd give morten a decent 6.5. yes, he wasnt into the game that much, but the step up from norwegian league football to the EPL is a huge one. also, he didnt disgrace himself with his performance. most importantly, he provided much needed balance to the side. thought we certainly looked much more balanced today. so, given time, i think he will come good.

negatives - in the first half, there was once manure had a freekick on the left wing. think it was neville or ronaldo who jogged past pedersen (in his full view) but he did nothing to track him or even show that he noticed.

another point was in the first half as well when he was chasing ronaldo as manure was on the counterattack. i thought he looked more like he was jogging along than fully sprinting after the cheating portugese greaseball.

finally, the freekick in the 85th min or so on the right wing was just shocking. the one where he tried to cross but blasted way over.

but all in all, encouraging performance. surely he will improve. smile.gif

have only heard game on radio, but seems we had backs to the wall & when under the cosh like that players were using the "known" players for out balls & as a result GMP was starved of the ball a bit. Give the lad a chance to settle in, has only been here a few hours & game seemed to be typical premclash/derby clash, ie 100mph, lots of passion, quite a bit of cheating & some shocking refereeing - I wouldn't blame anybody for being slightly under par making his debut in a game like this.

Just a shame that the squad is to be split up for international duty next week.

Edited by TROOPER

finally, the freekick in the 85th min or so on the right wing was just shocking. the one where he tried to cross but blasted way over.

I agree. But he didnt try to cross it.

He has scored (and tried a couple of times more) from there at Tromsø. Everybody expecting a cross - Morten shoots. Didn't get lucky today, though.

give the laddie a chance please kncokers flook off we dont want to hear your negative vibes.

MGP was okay for his debut, its a massive step for the lad and playing against a good footballing team was a very difficult situation for him.

He should have scored there is no doubt but come on young lad on debut, facing the blackburn end against his heroes !

His cross or shot was (at that time) the only real option as rovers had NOONE in the box and were looking to run the clock down.

i think we have hit on a good un here lets keep off his back until he really adjusts. He now has chance to bed in and get to know his new team.

tinykit.gif

I don't think he was awful today, but he certainly was a bit invisible. You could see flashes of ability, though: his bicycle kick clearance, the fact that he got into position for the game-winning goal (even if he ballooned his shot over the top).

Trooper brought up a good point with his comments about the defenders outletting to the players they knew a bit better. I don't think was a fair game to assess MGP on because we were hunkered down in our own half for the majority of the match, and Pedersen is certainly sounds more like a flying winger than a left middie who backtracks.

The sooner he settles in, the better.

Interesting comments made by MGP post match to VG Nett about his debut...

A few choice comments:

"It was a bit strange playing with new teamates. I've been through half a training session and was sat at the hotel trying to learn names before the game. I guess that says it all but at least I'm off now and I think I'll get better in the next two or three games."

About the miss...:

"I should have scored there. It was on the end of a long run and I had already decided to put it away high, it just went a little to high.."

Not a brilliant performance but by no means a bad one. He got in a few decent crosses and showed that he can defend and scrap when needed to as well. As for his shot, a young lad with a chance to score a winner in arguably the biggest game of the season and his debute to boot - no wonder he got a bit excited and blazed it over. (Although hopefully his accuracy will improve.) And let's face it when was the last time we had someone getting in attacking positions from the left?