SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gamst Pedersen

krislu

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has anyone seen the headline on fans fc ?

mgp is believed to be a target of spuds and chelsea and has arrived in LONDON !

somewhat contradicts the local headlines/media reports !

has anyone seen the headline on fans fc ?

mgp is believed to be a target of spuds and chelsea and has arrived in LONDON !

somewhat contradicts the local headlines/media reports !

laugh.giflaugh.gif fans fc laugh.giflaugh.gif

Good one mate biggrin.gif

Come on, stop being so naive !

TROMSØ OFFICIALS were in London yesterday to discuss terms, MGP is in Manchester to pass his medical and discuss personal terms!

Get it people? Tromsø officials = London ! Gamst Pedersen = Manchester.

hey mate, cool it cool it... i think it's just the pro-longed wait that's increasing the anxiety of all of us... can't really blame anyone really... we're just desperate to see him sign!

I'm desperate we sign any good player. We need them.

Gamst'n (his nick name, so call him that when you see him guys cool.gif ) will need a good dozen of games before he starts to show us what he really can do, I will be suprised if he hit it off straight away..

So have patience folks, because you know when you sign a norwegian, you always get a real quality deal dry.gif

On a positive note not many norwegian players struggle in England, look at Berg, Stig, Solskjaer, Ronny Johnson, and just for many of you out there, I have him in my Liverpool team on Champ Man and he is now worth over £30mil (and thats with no tampering!!!) so you know, he must be good biggrin.gif

Yep - this Norwegian crud is really starting to get on my knockers. Big time.

Jeg trodde Emerton skulle bli en fantastisk spiller for oss da han kom fra Feyenoord, og det fungerte ikke. La oss derfor ikke ta helt av, advarer én annen.

Jog trotting Emerton was a fantastic dribbler (when you dribble, you spill!) when he came from Feyenoord, with two fungal feet. But now he struggles to find a melon in a cart, and has been a right poof this year.

Anyone else want to translate?

I believed Emerton do be about become a fantastic acts for us as he arrived at Feyenoord , and facts was not acting. Let's accordingly no matter get absolutely at , warns én other.

Provided by:

Norwegian Translator

huh.gif

Edited by Baz

That makes no sense to me. I know he'll need time to adapt, but he has plenty of games under his belt and should be match fit and ready, if it takes him a dozen games I really would be surprised and slightly worried. Of course, if he does come good within even a couple of years, given his age, I would be fine with it.

So, Krislu, if he stays free of injuries and doesn't get suspended, we should get just half a season out of him?

Its hard to tell, he is young and doesnt have much experience. You should also be aware that two years ago he played in the norwegian 1.div.

He is a player who has been very good when Tromso are playing at home where he feels safe and secure, but his performances havent been stable at all when playing away....So give the lad some time, and I think he will turn out to be a proper player for us..

Edited by krislu

Sorry vyeo, just getting tired of two things:

1) That TERRIBLE "he'll probably play keeper under Souness laugh.giflaugh.giftongue.gif "-joke! mad.gif

2) Reports about thing that happened three days ago - I live in Norway and read Norwegian news, so I'm pretty used to that. (well, with Gamst they are pretty quick, but with everything else they've either got wrong information or is three weeks late at best.)

I for one don't think that Gamst will need a lot of time to get used to the tempo and the quality of the Premiership. I think he's the kind of player that really can get himself to a new level quickly, and he's also playing well at international level already. What MIGHT become a problem is playing the whole season though, since he's already played 18 matches here in Norway. But hopefully De Pedro can get some matches under his belt aswell, then we'll have 2-3 good left wingers!

BUT, as Krislu says, he's young and has not been the most consistant player away from home. But since we're terrible at home, he'll fit right in! wink.gif

Edited by herbergeehh

Am I right in thinking that he's having his medical and contract talks today... in which case, shouldn't his move be official now?

Unless...Craig Moore, Jody Morris, Matt Jones, Roy Keane....not again. ohmy.gif

(Obviously, of the above, the fact the first three didn't sign was a damn good thing).

Rumours is, JW and Souey has taken him out for a pint or twelve at Fox&Hounds, they'll fix the transfer stuff tomorrow! wink.gif

But seriously, doesn't the club have to register him before 5 o'clock tonight to have him ready for United?

That's... erm... four hours ago in England?

Although you know what I just thought about, rover6? Jody Morris will be playing the UEFA Cup this season. Scary, isn't it?

That being said I'm inclined to agree with you, albeit reservedly with respect to Moore.

Anyway, best to get this MGP thing tied up quickly I think.

But seriously, doesn't the club have to register him before 5 o'clock tonight to have him ready for United?

That's... erm... four hours ago in England?

I remember reading on here it was Friday...

Hmh, liked the last one better Alan.. wink.gif

Just sent a text message to a Morten Gamst Pedersen from Tromsø (checked the internet phonecatalogue and found a number) asking whether he's ready or not ! laugh.gif

If I get a response (highly likely isn't it? tongue.gif ) I'll put it out here.. rover.gif

I know, Krislu.

I just hope he addapts well and is given enough time to show is football.

At THIS club with these fans, no chance. If the lad has not scored three by halftime in his first game the fans will be on him, with harmonious moans of Souness out 'cause he's wasted more money on a dud.

If he scores three, lays up another two and clears one off the line there will be somebody moaning about, yeah but he gave away a throw in. Mark my words unless the lad is a bonafide star he ain't got a chance of making it with some of these moaners.