BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gamst Pedersen

krislu

I can't see him not signing. However, what I don't understand is the club's transfer strategy. Only a fortnight ago Souness said that a defensive midfield was the priority. And when we signed De Pedro, JW was quoted as saying that when the Spaniard became available, we ended our interest in Pederson. Now that may all be a smokescreen, but we appear to be signing two attacking midfield players, one for the left side, where we already have De Pedro.

I'm not saying that we don't need more attacking options, hopefully with pace, but I'm a bit confused.

Its called stopping people ruining what your plans are!

If he said we still might want him people might have gone in for him and tromso would have a strong position.

By not always saying the position of player we want we leave the press on the back foot to not spoil our deals!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they are indeed coming to England tomorrow, no doubt the deal will be done tomorrow before the game, Gamstn will be in the stands along with JW and the TIL board members at the game. It's not as if they are coming here for a week long negotiation. Just to sign the papers.

IF, if we sign both Coridon and MGP then we'll have Ferguson, Tugay, Emerton, Douglas, Flitcroft, Coridon, MGP, De Pedro, Thompson, Reid, potentially Matteo & Todd plus youth players like Danns & Donnelly all fighting for 4 midfield places.

Very strange.

Right: Emerton | Thompson | Reid

Left: De Pedro | Pedersen

Centre: Ferguson | Tugay | Coridon | Flitcroft | Douglas

If you take Flitty, Douglas and Reid out of that for being rubbish (haven't included defenders or reserve team) then it looks about right I'd say.

Right: Emerton | Thompson | Reid

Left: De Pedro | Pedersen

Centre: Ferguson | Tugay | Coridon | Flitcroft | Douglas

If you take Flitty, Douglas and Reid out of that for being rubbish (haven't included defenders or reserve team) then it looks about right I'd say.

I'd have to disagree there, LeChuck. Take Flitty out because he should be on the move somewhere (as he clearly has no role on Souness' team anymore), and remember that Reid (as much as you hate him) is thought of as more of a utility player than simply as a right mid. Douglas is a bit of a utilityman too, as it seems he can play on the left hand side of midfield and right back as well as his natural position of center-mid.

So in other words, take Flitty out and leave Douglas and Reid in there to fill in as third choice at those positions.

Disclaimer: the above positional descriptions are those as thought of by Graeme Souness; I don't necessarily think Douglas should play left mid, for instance, but Souness does, which at this point is what matters as far as team selection goes

I believe the total amount of money of the transfer deal is agreed. What they don't see eye to eye on is how to devide this amount (money on/later).

On Tromsø website today Tore Markussen say that they are going to London for talks because they think that there is a possibility for an agreement. They wouldnt take the trip if they didn't believe an agreement could be done.

I don't think MGP is going to London to take part in the meeting.

IF, if we sign both Coridon and MGP then we'll have Ferguson, Tugay, Emerton, Douglas, Flitcroft, Coridon, MGP, De Pedro, Thompson, Reid, potentially Matteo & Todd plus youth players like Danns & Donnelly all fighting for 4 midfield places.

Very strange.

I find that strange as well. Obviously, Souness doesn't deem any of the youth players to be ready - hence no squad numbers for them.

However, Souness has proved he is not a big one for promoting players from the academy. Apart from Gallagher, has Souness actually brought anyone through to the first team on his own terms?

McEveley and Douglas only got games because of injury crises. It annoys me because the talent is obviously there. We don't get to the latter stages of the FA Youth Cup every year and win the various academy tournaments because we have bad youth players. They're just not given a chance - mainly because short-term and 'easy' signings like Coridon take presidence.

I know the media are dense but this article somewhat takes the biscut!

fansfc

Some sources have reported that a deal with Blackburn is close, but if that were the case perhaps he would have flown to a nearer airport

Wow where are we at the moment...? london ohmy.gif

However, Souness has proved he is not a big one for promoting players from the academy. Apart from Gallagher, has Souness actually brought anyone through to the first team on his own terms?

Its odd that , considering that he promoted quite a few players from the Liverpool youth system when he was there. Perhaps in the current situation he thinks its too risky...?

I wonder if the youth players are not good enough to make it in the Premiership or are not getting good enough coaching.

Of the players loaned out to other clubs, none appears to have really starred. Maybe McEveley would have done OK at Burnley.

My pal,who is a Blackpool fan, thought Douglas was nearer being ready for the first team than either Donnelly or Danns.