BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gamst Pedersen

krislu

When you say Tromso will meet up with rovers in england, does that mean Pederson will be over too?

I think the personal terms have been agreed already, actually, it's just the matter of an agreement between the two clubs. For those of us who can read Norwegian, here's the article where his agent Rune Hauge (AKA Willie Mackay) is the source according to VG - who also says that it's a 4-year contract.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but as mentioned in the transfer thread, Willie Mackay is mentioned in every linkup Rovers gets, so I just figured it's some sort of codename for agents in general wink.gif

Far more interesting is this article which claims that two Tromsø representants will meet up with JW and co in London tomorrow, to try to finish it up. If they manage to do that, MGP and Rune Hauge will fly to England on Thursday to discuss the personal terms. It also says in the article that MGP must agree terms with Rovers by 12 a clock Friday to be ready for United action.

Gamst Pedersen is currently at Svalbard with the rest of the team:

"I've got my passport with me, it won't be a problem for me if things happen quickly. Of course it would've been great to make my debut against United this weekend, but I'm not there yet. I am a Tromsø-player and will focus on Bodø/Glimt as my next opponent until anything happens. I don't bother nagging, I trust that the board has got everything under control. Sometimes things happen fast, sometimes things takes more time", Gamst Pedersen adds to BT.

Seems like he's quite optimistic about this, which is a good thing..

EDIT: Very interesting subheadline btw:

Tromsø has decided to meet Blackburn in London on Wednesday, in a hope to secure the transfer of Morten Gamst Pedersen.

OK, if Tromsø wants to sell, Blackburn wants to buy and Gamst Pedersen wants to go - what the kcuf is the problem? thumbs-up.gif

Edited by herbergeehh

Yup, that's right! John "Faxe" Jensen and a few other Arsenal signings if I'm not mistaken - a good friend of George Graham.. wink.gif

He's okay now though, since Carew's agent Gunnar Martin Kjenner has taken his place as Norway's number one agent prat.

(last seen yelling "Pah Modou Kah [former Vålerenga talent] is Real Madrid bound", after getting a yellow post-it note on his desk saying that someone from Spain had called him)

Skysports reports of Coridon joining, I wonder how that will affect the Gamst deal?

EDIT: Oh, and another interesting question - will Rovers bother to call Tromsø to tell them the deal is off (if it IS off) or will they make them fly to London and just tell them out the window when they ring the doorbell?

Edited by herbergeehh

Why don't we chuck a catering size tin of beans in there to help seal the deal?

That's right Bryan - just give in to their crazy demands mad.gif - sorry but we're no soft touch. Three cans of Heinz Beanz and a can of Heinz Mushroom Soup (for one) and that's there lot. Take it or leave it.

Either us or them are really mucking about.

Its us who are mucking about no doubt, trying to get the smallest fee possible even if it means risking scuppering the deal. Hopefully, according to our oslo Rovers we can get the deal done on wed cos its obvious the player wants to come.

This guy MGB, is a confident little so and so, aint he. Hopes the transfer is concluded in time for the United game.

Hardly a chance to meet his team mates or to do any training but there again Capt Kayos does question what they do, do in training.

Maybe his first meeting will be the hand shake before kick off, hope Deano tells him we play in Blue and White.

This guy MGB, is a confident little so and so, aint he. Hopes the transfer is concluded in time for the United game.

Hardly a chance to meet his team mates or to do any training but there again Capt Kayos does question what they do, do in training.

Maybe his first meeting will be the hand shake before kick off, hope Deano tells him we play in Blue and White.

Surely he can come to that conclusion himself from the shirt he's wearing tongue.gif

personally, am a little worried about tromso officials travelling to london. certainly, we will be playing in london afterall, so the location does make sense. however, there is the propensity of the deal being hijacked right at the airport... ala one diego forlan and manure......... fingers-crossed hopefully we get this deal sorted out by the time the arsenal match's over. at least then, we'll have something to cheer us up... unless of course, its double happiness!

I have the same feeling, but forgot we were playing at Highbury the day of the meeting!! He did say he wants to play for a big club, and as we know, Spuds definitely fits that bill!! laugh.giflaugh.gif

I can't see him not signing. However, what I don't understand is the club's transfer strategy. Only a fortnight ago Souness said that a defensive midfield was the priority. And when we signed De Pedro, JW was quoted as saying that when the Spaniard became available, we ended our interest in Pederson. Now that may all be a smokescreen, but we appear to be signing two attacking midfield players, one for the left side, where we already have De Pedro.

I'm not saying that we don't need more attacking options, hopefully with pace, but I'm a bit confused.