SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gamst Pedersen

krislu

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spurs had better not ruin this deal mad.gif ...

Was starting to look forward to this signing...

Its our own fault. We always shoot our mouth off about who we are looking at signing. Lo and behold, other clubs are interested then. They need a cone of silence at Ewood laugh.gif

The only people to ruin the signing will be Rovers themselves, with their dithering and meanness.

Strange how we weren't being so parsimonious when we were spending approximately £2 million on a 32 year old centre half with no pace to speak of. Or when dishing out £8 million on a 31 year old striker past his best and £7 million on an Italian fraud.

Hindsight, wisest man.

Was starting to look forward to this signing...

As were many of us AussieinUK. Since Souness and JW hinted that there may be one or two more players to come before the transfer window shuts, I admit I have been harbouring the hope that we aren't as broke as we've been making out, and that there was enough in the coffers to make at least one reasonably high profile signing (by our standards). When it emerged that we were back in for MGP it looked like this might be the case, but the longer things drag on, the more likely it is that the deal will be hijacked by another club or just fizzle out.

Oh thats right, blame it all on Rovers. It looks pretty clear to me that Tromsko know other teams are interested and are holding out for the highest bidder. You are all too quick to spend our money, all you CM players. No doubt one poor game from that Pedersen fella and you all would be screaming we paid too much. Why should we be held to ransom to pay over the odds, we all know he's unproven and therefore something of a gamble.

Your wish to sign someone, anyone apparently, shows through quite clearly.

Maybe I'm just being exceedingly negative in outlook, but I think there are a couple of scenarios for the so-called resurrection (and subsequent failure) of the Pedersen deal.

Tromsø are nearing the end of their season and think the time is right to sell MGP... so they hint to Blackburn that he's available now for a similar price to the one they previously offered, and entice them to make a bid--knowing full well that they're simply going to reject it. Having claimed that a deal is close with Blackburn, they hope to draw in the other teams who have maintained an interest in Pedersen (namely Man U, Chelsea, and Tottenham) and start a classic bidding war that will generate the most cash for Tromsø (and consequently screw over Rovers in the process).

From Rovers end of things... Souness hasn't been able to put together deals for Rovers' other targets (Moore, El Hamdaoui, Odemwingie) and the cash that he thinks he might get from the Beattie deal is quite simply burning a hole in his pocket. So when Tromsø invites another bid he obliges. Meanwhile they continue to haggle over the terms of the payment and the deal falls through... and Tromsø suddenly hopes that Chelsea comes in with an (as usual) overinflated £12 million bid for MGP.

Meanwhile all us Rovers fans sit here ###### off again by the falling through of what we saw as the club's lone "exciting" signing this close season.

Edited by Philly Rover ®

Meanwhile all us Rovers fans sit here ###### off again by the falling through of what we saw as the club's lone "exciting" signing this close season.

I can't say I'd be that excited about signing an relatively unknown Norwegian kid. I'm probably not the excitable type though.

Have we officially dropped interest in El Hamsdakjflaskehsdap (I was gonna spell it wrong anyhow)? Or are we just rumored to have? Wouldn't be suprised to see that deal fall in under the radar at the last minute (not saying I expect it to, just that I won't be shocked if it does).

It's Tromsø, Philly, not Real Madrid or Milan.

I honestly don't believe that Tromsø is that clever/cynical, I think both parts work hard to make this happen, and I think it will eventually.

The only two possible outcomes are 1) Rovers sign MGP and 2) Some other club snatch him - IMO.

And outcome nr 2 is not Tromsø's plan, I'm actually pretty sure about it..

EDIT: Nice way of putting it, American, now you can say "Ah, I told you so!" if El Morocco signs, and you won't get ###### on by the other boardmembers if we sign MGP and El Morocco stays in Holland. wink.gif

Edited by herbergeehh

Oh thats right, blame it all on Rovers.  It looks pretty clear to me that Tromsko know other teams are interested and are holding out for the highest bidder.  You are all too quick to spend our money, all you CM players.  No doubt one poor game from that Pedersen fella and you all would be screaming we paid too much.  Why should we be held to ransom to pay over the odds, we all know he's unproven and therefore something of a gamble.

Your wish to sign someone, anyone apparently, shows through quite clearly.

I was under the impression that the fee had been agreed in principle, with only the way in which the payments are structured left to be sorted out. If that is the case, then it is in the interests of the club to resolve the issue as quickly as possible, if only to avoid an auction for his services once other clubs become interested. It just strikes me that we have missed an opportunity to steal a march on our competitors, and as a result we have only increased the chances of being drawn into a bidding war for his services.

As regards wanting to sign someone for the sake of it, a couple of counter arguements; firstly we are still desperately short of width, which (twinned with our paper-thin squad) is already hurting us. My point is that it's not like we are advocating the signing of a "luxury" player simply because they are available. If MGP is the sort of player he has been made out to be (i.e. a pacy wideman who can also play in attack if needed) then he is just what we need. If the price is right, get him signed!

Secondly; of course we want to see exciting players at Rovers, and if that means that our expectations are sometimes a little unrealistic all I can say in our defense is that we are football fans, not accountants. That said, I don't think that it is entirely unreasonable to expect a team playing in the richest league on earth to spend a bit more than £150,000 during the transfer window, especially when it is so obviously needed.

Edited by Morph

It probably is a good deal to bring MGP to Ewood, since he and De Pedro will both have to adapt to Prem - and De Pedro isn't fit enough yet either if I understand Souey correctly. Maybe they can help eachother, De Pedro can lift some weight off MGP's shoulders and vice versa ?

VG reports that Rovers and Tromsø will meet up in England on Thursday btw..

EDIT: ...but I can see that you've already mentioned it, Maverick, so I guess I'll just add that VG also says that Blackburn wants him ready for the United match.

Edited by herbergeehh

Tottenham and Blackburn Rovers target Morten Pedersen has taken a swipe at Norwich City.

Asked about a move to the Premiership, the Tromso winger said: "Perhaps if I get a chance, I must take it.

"But I will not say 'yes' to anything.

"A club like Norwich would have been out of the question. It must be a club that has got something going for them."

exclusive

Finally found out what the stumbling block is in the MGB saga is.

Tromso want tickets for the United match, but the ticket office told them where to go, because they're not on the data base.

Thanks for that Alan, I needed cheering up, funny, very funny.