SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gamst Pedersen

krislu

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great News...that really makes me a bit happier about the situation at the club. It comes at a good time as I don't think I'll be that happy after the game tonight! A young player who may well excite the fans on the pitch, it's exactly what we needed. Also excellent that he's match fit and can be ready to go. Also, the great thing about already having De Pedro is that there is no way Pedersen could play the rest of our remaining games considering the number he must have already played in the Norwegian league without a break, so De Pedro is now an excellent back-up.

The news on TIL.no basically says that their representants were met with open arms from Rovers, and that the deal will, if every clauses and stuff is to be paid out, in total be worth 31 millions NKR - around 2,5 million pounds.

In that, there is a sell-on percent, and a part where TIL gets more money the better Gamst does his things for Rovers.

Now it's a done deal Krislu, you can reveal your source

You are indeed a very curious man Mr.Pringle, but I'm sorry to say that I cant reveal any more info regarding my mighty source. If I did, I wouldnt live to see tomorrow my friend.. cool.gif

I'm off to watch the game so, ta ta fellahs..

Edited by krislu

From taking a learn Norwegion in 30mins tape. I have translated this wink.gif

Tromsø and Rovers have reached an agreement

TIL and Rovers have just agreed to the condition for a transfer of Morten Gamst Pedersen to the Premier League club. Two obstacles remain. One is the medical which will take place at a hospital in Manchester tomorrow. The other is him failing to agree personal terms.

One probably can take it for granted that both the legal and medical will be fine, and will means that Blackburn will be given his player license Friday, allowing him to be able face his favourite club Manchester United at Ewood on Saturday.

Bjoern Tore Markussen, daily leader of TIL has following comments on today's meeting in London:

- We was met with respect and dignity. We had done good research, but there is always a lot of give and take in the closing face of such negotiations. Overall I feel several of our demands were met, and if so we had decided to complete the deal.

- This is a good deal for Tromsø, it secures us highly needed funds right now, funds when Morten performs and funds with an eventual sale from Rovers. We have complete faith in Morten becoming a hit in PL. In a strategic context it is important to realise the assets in the squad from time to time - it's a "must" to us.

When it comes to the details of the deal, the information is disclosed as usual, but the total frame is about 31 mill NOK (Ed: 2.45 mill pounds), and we got accept on a share of a future transfer. In addition there is also intention of "cooperation of mutual interest". This means marketing and footballing issues which will be specified within near future.

- We had promised Morten we would try to make this work, and we really have. Morten deserves it. He has given much to the club over the latest years and when he personally made it so clear that he felt the urge to move, we just had to work things out for him. We also want a good relationship to him in the future, and hope he hasn't played his last game for TIL. Hopefully he will do as Årst (Ed: Ole Martin Årst, had a sucessful spell in Belgium, now back in Tromsø), and come home after realising the boyhood dream and make a contribution.

- The board of TIL is very satisfied with the result. At the same time as it's joyful, it's also a sad day for TIL. Morten has extraordinary qualities and has played a major role this season. It's sad to lose such a good player, but it's nice that he through TIL realises his boyhood dream. When our demands now are met, there is only one thing left - To wish Morten all the best in the future, says Markussen

thanks to someone who speaks norwegion on the official board rover.gif

Haven't had time to read all of this but the announcements seem to come from Norway.......anyway Rovers have now annouinced that the clubs have agreed a deal and the mediacl will take place tomorrow.