BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barry Ferguson

Brownie

Barry Ferguson and Tugs couldn't play together, even the almost useless Advocaat saw that.

That was the same useless bloke that kicked Celtics arse for quite a few years wasnt it - even with your dream team of Dalglish and Barnes laugh.gif

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what he must think

He's obviously a class player but he's surroneded by some simplly not good enough players. Near enough ever game he his by far our best player.

The way it's going i won't be surprised if he moves in January sad.gif

The thing that has disapointed me with Ferguson is his inconsistancy. One game he looks excellent and full of confidence, the next shot of any confidence to go past players or pick out a pass, running around aimlessly. For the majority I think he has looked excellent and well worth the money we paid for him at the time. This season it looks a lot, but when we got him I think it was a good piece of business. he isn't of the calibre of Viera and Keane as promised but hes just about the best central midfielder in the premiership outside of the top 5.

600th post ohmy.gif

Edited by tcj_jones

Ferguson has been our best performing player ever since he joined the club and has been fit. He is the only thing keeping the team together.

Keeping the team together ? Have you been tested for drugs recently? If Fergy has been our best performing player it doesn't necessarily mean that he's been anything other than drearily average .

(Oh , and your 600th post wasn't much better ! Viera and Keane ?) dry.gif

I try to watch as many Rovers matches as I can and from what I have seen Ferguson has always impressed me and has almost always been the best player in the team. If it wasn't for him controlling the midfield, slowing the pace of the game to allow us to recover, bringing the ball from defense to attack and starting most of our moves the team would just be a shambles all over, more so than it is now.

Perhaps to state that Ferguson is not of the same calibre of Viera and Keane is obvious but I'm going on what we were promised by Souness. Never the less I stand firm in saying that he is probably the best central midfielder in the league, top 5 aside.

First Tony Parkes is cast aside like a worthless piece of s**t by Souness and then Garry Flitcroft is stripped of the captaincy after nearly 8 years good hard graft.

HOW CAN A PLAYER WITH ONLY A HANDFUL OF APPEARANCES UNDER HIS BELT, CLAIMING HE IS HOMESICK IN THE MEANTIME, BE OUR CAPTAIN.

HE'S CRAP AT FOOTBALL, CERTAINLY NO LEADER AND HE HAS A FACE YOU WANT TO PUNCH.

Ferguson epitomises our team at the moment. Nobody is wearing the shirt with pride barring Friedel. The youngsters need to come in quick.

Where are Gallagher, McEveley?

I'm so annoyed with the board for appointing Hughes, who won one big game with Wales and suddenly hes an 'able' manager.

NO NO NO mad.gif

He has no experience of club level mangement and certainly none of a relegation battle. He had good players in the Welsh squad.

The Man Utd connection doesn't work. Remember Brian Kidd? mad.gif

See you all at Luton next year

TONY PARKES BLUE AND WHITE ARMY!!!! mad.gif

Ferguson does warrant that captaincy, I guess you didn't watch the game yesterday. He was running around like a headless chicken and putting his foot in. Tell ya what stop being an arm chair supporter and once in a while watch Rovers. He is are captain and is a good captain so get used to it.

Ferguson for £7m to anyone -Savage and Dunn for £4m plus what Brum already owe.That's relegation and pride solved in 2 moves.

During the Saints/Brum match there were never less than 4 of our

ex-Apprentices on the pitch at any time(not incl.Beattie and Tiny)

Makes you weep.

I am sure once Ferguson is playing in a confident, balanced, settled side he will show how good he is. The whole team is devoid of confidence and unreliable defence, the whole side is on tenderhooks when we play.

Hopefully Thommo will return injury-free and Hughes will eventually play MGP to sort out the midfield.

Ferguson for £7m to anyone -Savage and Dunn for £4m plus what Brum already owe.That's relegation and pride solved in 2 moves.

During the Saints/Brum match there were never less than 4 of our

ex-Apprentices on the pitch at any time(not incl.Beattie and Tiny)

Makes you weep.

Neither of the 2 moves solves anything with regard to our real achilles heel.

By the by, it's a bit hard for Ferguson to play when he doesn't get the ball.

I had already stated he will be gone, as soon as Souness went, that is where Fergusons heart is right now.

Congratulations, you get my nomination for 'worst post of the year'.

You beat me to it, what a load of rubbish.

"He's crap at football" sums up your post quite nicely methinks..

He's our best player, our most consistant performer and our leader, who the hell would you give the armsband to?

Oh, I forgot Flitty, he's been really ace hasn't he?

EDIT: What we need is more players like Ferguson, he's our only player with a teeny bit of class, perhaps along with Emerton.. but maybe we should sell Ferguson, at least we would get a team with eleven even players, no one that stands out!

Edited by herbergeehh

He can only be as good as the players around him if he was a Arsenal player he'd get more of the ball and more chances to get foward. Then the press would be all raving about him. But here at Rovers he doesn't really have the chance to get the chance to shine. I do think he is commited he is one of only a few.

A say stick either Reid or Thompson with him in centre-mid because when he plays with Tugay or Flitcroft it seems mor elike he's covering for two players at times.

Exactly.. the man needs some support, just like the strikers need support - Dickov and Djorkaeff can't do it all on their own, especially not with their backs faced the wrong direction. Put in Reid or obviously a fit and ready Thommo by his side, and make Emerton and Gamst push forward from each flank, then we can create something in attack.

Screw defending, we can't figure out how to anyway.. tongue.gif

HOW CAN A PLAYER WITH ONLY A HANDFUL OF APPEARANCES UNDER HIS BELT, CLAIMING HE IS HOMESICK IN THE MEANTIME, BE OUR CAPTAIN.

HE'S CRAP AT FOOTBALL, CERTAINLY NO LEADER AND HE HAS A FACE YOU WANT TO PUNCH.

Ferguson epitomises our team at the moment. Nobody is wearing the shirt with pride barring Friedel. The youngsters need to come in quick.

Where are Gallagher, McEveley?

I think Fergie's performance yesterday answered your remarks. He was fantastic and didn't put a foot wrong, so stick it right up ye.

As for the youngsters, ie. McEveley, his lack of experience and naivety cost us a goal last night against Liverpool, so there's another one of your points answered.

You should apply for the manager's post the next time it becomes available. I'm sure the team could use your fantastic knowledge of football: "No Barry, you can't play because you've got a face I want to punch."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.