BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barry Ferguson

Brownie

Yes, but the Rovers pay Ferguson a great deal of money to play football. WE have a huge investment in him, you see, and when he doesn't come through, we inch closer to relegation.

I think that's a bit more important than Scotland losing and taking a slight blow to their collective nationalistic ego or whatever.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but the Rovers pay Ferguson a great deal of money to play football. WE have a huge investment in him, you see, and when he doesn't come through, we inch closer to relegation.

Agreed. He should remember who pays his wages. If he has a dodgy hamstring he should be back in Blackburn not in Moldova or wherever they are. If this was a Man U or Arsenal player there is no way Vogts would even consider playing him. Scotland are out of the WC anyway to all intents and purposes.

I'm worried about the stuff in todays papers about Fergie. What the f**k does his agent think he's doing mentioning about Liverpool if they haven't made an approach? I suppose he's just touting Fergie's name around because he doesn't fancy a relegation struggle. If that is true it's a disgrace but in these cases the player nearly always gets his move.

It might be a load of paper talk but if this is all it is why does the agent have to make a comment?

I suppose he's just touting Fergie's name around

And no doubt at the players request.

Theres no two ways about it i suppose. If any of the big five came in for Ferguson he would be off like a shot- he is an ambitious bloke with little connection with Blackburn now Souness has gone. I am no really sure you can blame him for that, 90% of players are like that (even the ones who have been at a club all their life like Duff and Parker).

He is however a man of integrity, or appears to be anyway, and i am certain he will do the best for this club and show it some respect (ie. not talk up a move etc.) while he is here. I hope he is here for a very long time too, he is a quality player.

Edited by joey_big_nose

The Scottish team doesn't have to deal with things like relegation and financial ruin.

Let's not get too melodramatic here. If we end up relegated and in financial ruin simply because Ferguson misses 6 or 7 games then frankly we don't deserve any better.

Another day another Barry Ferguson story. I am the only one becoming totally brassed off that this hugely expensive player (and his agent) seems to see his interest lies elsewhere than the club that bought and now pays him? The player seems far more interested in turning out for his country and (on his own admission) aggravating an injury. Then every few days he is linked with a different club to join in January (obviously can't wait to the end of the season). I can see the outcome. First he'll miss the Boro match and probably 2 or 3 more. Then he'll leave in the transfer window for one of the clubs seemingly with new money to burn. Rangers,Newcastle,Liverpool,Everton. Take your pick. Of course as usual the club will do the ritual posturings and say it's all beyond its control. Just give in to the player. It's probably in his contract.The fee will be £4m tops leaving a total cost to Rovers of about £6m in transfer fees and wages for a total of about 30 appearances. It makes me sick to think of the money the club has squandered. It never seems to end.

He's the only quality player in our team at the moment, so no - I sure as hell don't agree with you. He's been excellent, considering he's just gotten back from 6 months of injury nightmare. (Trust me, dislocating/damaging the kneecap HURTS, and it doesn't exactly heal quickly either!)

I would be incredibly disappointed if Rovers were to lose Barry in Jan or after this season, he's a player to build the team around and as I said - our only class man at the moment IMO. Keep Ferguson, and build the team around him and whoever else can keep up - Emerton, Neill, Jansen, Gallagher, Stead, Dickov, Gamst Pedersen.................................

EDIT: And NO, I actually believe that Ferguson himself is happy at Rovers and is not looking for another club - at the moment anyway. The agent, I don't know, I guess they're always looking for money... but the point is, Ferguson is staying, will do his best for Rovers AND Scotland, and I'm delighted he is!

Edited by herbergeehh

You should be prepared to walk over broken glass to play for your country and if Ferguson's passed fit (and you have to trust that he won't play if he's not) then he should play.

He was supposedly injured for Saturday's game yet turned out to be Scotland's man of the match by all accounts.

Agree with this aspect Scotty (Unlike the Welsh players) but on the whole I feel Ferguson has been a tad disrespectful to Rovers and makes you wonder where his priorities do lie and what is in his mind.

Then of course that's if he was actually injured after all before the match huh.gif

However if he was, especially after being out for so long last season I feel he owed it to Rovers and himself not to play as everybody knows once problems start with hamstrings they tend to take a long time to heal if not treated properly. Rovers are in the process of trying to get a settled and consistent side and this is of no help if he will be injured for next couple of games.

tinykit.giftinykit.gif

Barry Ferguson has spoken to Mark Hughes about playing tomorrow night. Hughes understands Fergie's desire to play for his national team and leaves any decision upto him.

Just adding that Fergie has a history of playing matches with the aid of injections. It looks like he will do so again on Wednesday. Would not suprise me if he does play that he will not turn out for us against Boro- this match really is win or bust for Scotland and it means a lot to him.

Edited by John

Would not suprise me if he does play that he will not turn out for us against Boro- this match really is win or bust for Scotland and it means a lot to him.

Not as much as his salary cheque I'd wager! dry.gif

'It means a lot to him' be bergered, BRFC maintaining Prem League status means a lot to me ffs!

It's time Ferguson prioritised where his responsibilities lie. We take the mick on here about the number of starts the 'injury twins' Duff and Dunn have made for their new clubs, and the cost per game etc but he's every bit as bad! After costing an outrageous £7m he will prob sodd off for good ......and for nowt in just 2 short years! ohmy.gif Stuff Scotland! He already owes us BIG TIME!

It's hardly important anyway cos the current sweaties squad will never do any good at international level and is highly unlikely to qualify for any major tournament in the forseable future. Does anybody think that he would be allowed to play for his country (whilst injured) if he were at Man Utd? mad.gif

I am not saying what Fergie is doing is right or wrong. I do admire the way he is going about his business. His latest comments at Craig Burley sum Barry Ferguson up for me.

We do pay his wages but there is a very passionate player who desperately wants to play for his country. Does not matter if they have no chance of making the finals. You have to admire Ferguson's passion and desire to play for his country.

thenodrog- you can not change the way you are and he takes great pride in playing for his country. He would do the same for his club, its just the type of person he is.

I am Scottish and would rather he saved himself for Rovers on Saturday but unless he really is struggling he will play tonight. I can only admire him for this.

Edited by John

Ferguson said: "The injury is just the same. The hamstring is a bit tight with pins and needles. Blackburn have a game on Saturday so I will have to take that into consideration but when you go out on to the pitch you don’t think about it. You just do your best.

His latest comments at Craig Burley sum Barry Ferguson up for me.

Agreed! His points makes perfectly sense, and to me Barry is just a dedicated footballer who loves playing for his country. If it were Rovers he would do the same, just because he loves to get involved and do his best for his teams - Rovers and Scotland. YES, we pay his wages, but they talk about players being e.g "Charlton through and through", and Ferguson is just that - with Scotland.

• Backroom

Good grief! you lot crack me up, you really do!

It doesn't matter who pays your wages.. if you had the honour to be able to represent your country.. you'd jump at it - the same as Barry has.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.