BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barry Ferguson

Brownie

My crystal ball says Fergie to the Geordies with Bellamy and cash coming this way. You heard it here first.

Bellamy and cash!?! He's an aggravating git but that'll do me. Cant see it mind cos Bellamy's pace is the only thing keeping Shearer out of reserve team football.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the subject of Ferguson, anybody here think he will be off to join Souness in January. I do. My crystal ball says Fergie to the Geordies with Bellamy and cash coming this way. You heard it here first.

If that were to happen it would confirm my suspicion that Souness has indeed got a screw loose blink.gif Or a bit dodgy unsure.gif

Am I missing something ? Are my eyes deceiving me ? Appears most people on here think Ferguson is a great player, well I havent seen anything to justify that yet.He is a very ordinary player who doesnt appear to be that creative or defensive.

Come on Souness do us a favour and waste some of Newcastle's money for a change and come back and buy him.

from what we've seen of furguson to date he is at best half decent premiership player worth a couple of million. the only reason some people have the idea that he's a top class player is the hype surrounding his signing, ie; the build up given him by souness alone, and the fact that we paid about £5m too much for him. i'm not saying he's a bad player, we just need to get used to the idea that he's not the world beater suoness convinced everyone he was. he also needs to show some leadership qualities to justify his role as captain.

frosty ( snr )

Pardon? biggrin.gif

Good point Flopsy.

Ferguson for two and a quarter games prior to his accident= superb

Ferguson at Charlton= worryingly poor

Ferguson without someone to fill the hole behind him= played out of position. Flitcroft is being used by Hughes to be the hole filler but is not good enough. Tugay sadly has lost the mobility that is needed for that role when we are not in possession.

Big Sam was using Djorkaeff at the end of last season in the role Ferguson is supposed to be playing for us. Saturday's line-up for the Rovers will be fascinating.

In that case :

Play Djorkaeff up the pitch to supply quality in the final third of the pitch.

Play Ferguson as a defensive midfielder in front of the back four.

Can Ferguson tackle well?

Ankle injury, suffered against United.

Read somewhere that Edu might want a move away from Arsenal, would've been a great signing for Rovers. Creative player with a great left foot... but he's probably out of our reach, I'm sure there's a lot of clubs after him, and he'll probably cost more than we can afford!

You kind of answered your own Post there. No chance!!

you guys make me so bloody angry some times.

HES JUST COME BACK FROM A SHATTERED KNEECAP WE WONT SEE THE BEST FROM HIM FOR A FEW MORE WEEKS

YOU FICKLE FICKLE FICKLE FICKLE PRATTS

i accept he's had a bad injury, and prior to that was missing home and not playing inverness caledonians etc. however the injury doesn't excuse his performance as team leader / captain, eg; getting sent off for petulance when already on a yellow card, & being the first to bottle out of the wall for clement free kick vs west brom. hopefully the 'roy keane' charecteristics we heard so much about a year or so ago will become apparent under new regime.

frosty snr

Barry showed signs of an ace player last year, and I think thats signs of his promise, more than what he already is. TBH, though, I think part of the problem is his partner in midfield. Heard on SSN that Parker might be on his way back to Charlton - maybe a loan move is an option, as I cant imagine the Charlton fans will be too keen on him going back (more for his attitude than skill, obviously). A Parker/Barry midfield two would be great, and a bugger to play against, as both can do more than a simple attack or defend type role.

Memories a little hazy, but didnt Todd do okay in midfield last year? maybe an option when fit again... whenever that is.

I think we should be patient with Fergie as he did have a bad injury last season.

On saying that I don't think he is as good as Souness reckons he is. When we signed him a few Huns I spoke to were gutted but fans of other clubs thought that he hid in big games and never performed against quality opposition. I'm not sure that he's much of a leader.

If Sounes wants him I presume he'll be offering at least £10M the way he always raves about him.

To be honest I would very worried if Souness came in for him.

Tugay & Flitcroft have seen their best days and Thommo is struggling to get started with his injuries so Ferguson is vital to the side. Like someone mentioned, he's just come back from a bad injury, I know Fergie is a good talent and will prove it to us, lets just give him a bit more time, considering the injury he had and all.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I was not knocking fergie. thought he was coming on great at the time of the injury. I just have a sneaky feeling we will not see the best of him at ewood now Souness has gone.

jim 30 should do it.

A shame that we still have no decent midfield partner for Fergie.

We need someone with a physical presence, a tenacious tackle and a steady passer of the ball.

That rules out Tugay and Flitcroft.

Neil Danns scored two goals for Colchester today and by all reports is taking the league by storm, surely worth a recall sometime.

Edited by rover6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.