SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barry Ferguson

Brownie

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we play "What If..." just for a moment?Let's suppose that a real live 10 million quid offer comes for Ferguson in Dec and he is shipped out;who would we like to spend the money on realistically?1 good Centre back and another good midfielder(can such an arragement be done for that little?) or just 2 new centre backs together?Discuss:

Florida Rover

Although Fergusson was missing for the majority of last season before which he was beginning to speed up to catch up with the premier, I for one have not seen anything from him that would warrant a £5m bid let alone one for any higher.

If the right offer came along IMHO we should snap it up and use the money to strenthen the defence.

with you there T4E. if we get 10m cash, 5m (rumoured price) for parker, another 5m to play with for a defender. come to think of it, almost anyone will do actually... well certainly can't do worst than what we already have.

with you there T4E. if we get 10m cash, 5m (rumoured price) for parker, another 5m to play with for a defender. come to think of it, almost anyone will do actually... well certainly can't do worst than what we already have.

The problem is that while we might have the money from selling Ferguson, the chances of persuading an equally good proven midfielder to Ewood are very small indeed in our present league position. Just look at Everton - they tried to sign decent players all summer and were rejected by every single one. We'd just end up without Ferguson and £10m in the bank with which to cushion the resulting relegation cash crisis.

Parker is a decent player, but frankly nowhere near as good as Ferguson who, in my opinion, is a far more rounded player. I'd be crushed if we sold him. If were going to stop attendances falling we need to keep hold of our best, and most entertaining, players. Ferguson looks to be coming into his prime and to sell him so soon would be an injustice as we might not see his full potential.

If we were to recieve 10 million, which we wouldn't, who's to say Hughes would be given all of that to spend on new players? It would be nice to strengthen our defense but with astute buying we won't need to sell our best player. Then theres the problem of if we sold Ferguson and somebody came in and nicked Parker. Absolutely no way we should sell Ferguson unless we have an equally good central midfielder lined up and the bid is more than 10 million. Otherwise we will just be switching our defensive problems to midfield.

• Backroom

Where's all this crap about selling Ferguson coming from ???

According to an interview with him in tonight's LET, he's pledged to grab 10 goals for us this season... Doesn't sound like someone who's being shown the door to me !

There's no way fergie is coming back to Rangers. He left them to get away from the poisonous atmosphere which goes with playing for Celtic/Rangers and is hardley likely to rush back after a year. The Scottish Sun just makes up stories about who Celtic/Rangers are signing all the time and are right about once a season. Ignore it!

Baryy always appeared to me (although I'll admit I dont know much about him other than what I've seen) to have a bit of that stereotype Scotish fire in his belly. I think a good scrap for Blackburn and rumours will bring out the best in him, and if he can do that, why would he want to move. Each player wants to play football where he can to the best of his abilities, and I feel if he plays well for Rovers, then Rovers will play well.

The problem is that while we might have the money from selling Ferguson, the chances of persuading an equally good proven midfielder to Ewood are very small indeed in our present league position. Just look at Everton - they tried to sign decent players all summer and were rejected by every single one. We'd just end up without Ferguson and £10m in the bank with which to cushion the resulting relegation cash crisis.

Agree 100%

There is no point if having lots of money in the bank if you are losing football matches.

Especially if that money cannot find players of equal stature.

We sold Shearer for 15 million.... and spend half of it on Kevin Davies.

We sold Duff for almost 20 million.... most went into bank to reduce our debt.. but about half of it was spent on Ferguson, Stead, Gray and Andresson.

Again, Scott Parker.

He would be great, but would we be able to get him here? London to Blackburn + lower wages. We can hope, but I dunno.

I'm sure we could negotiate with Chelsea for them to subsidise his wages should they want to offload him. Would be in their interests after all.

Again, Scott Parker.

He would be great, but would we be able to get him here? London to Blackburn + lower wages. We can hope, but I dunno.

I'm sure we could negotiate with Chelsea for them to subsidise his wages should they want to offload him. Would be in their interests after all.

Apparently he wants to stay in London, so unfortunately Spurs & Charlton (both flush with cash at the moment) would be clear favourites to sign him. Spurs would probably pay him the same wages as well.

Edited by The Producer

Contrast the comments by Friedel who is willing to end his international career to give his best for Rovers ( "they are the ones that pay me") with those of Ferguson who is willing to jeopardise Rovers' Prem survival to play through a hamstring injury. That is both plain stupid as well as selfish. If he ends up being out till Xmas with a torn hamstring (never an injury to settle quickly) we can start looking up the route to Brighton. If he felt the injury on Saturday why did he not tell his club and get pulled out? I'd be livid if I was manager.

as he was injured for mist of last season.

Are you French wink.gif

haha that is how i speak when i talk

from now on you can all add that accent when reading my posts

If Ferguson is seen to be at serious risk of injury then he should not play. However, if it just feels a little tight, but it's not a serious thing, then I see no problem in him playing.

Though it's not really a very important game anyway is it? I mean is there a point to Scotland playing qualification matches? It seems a bit cruel to me

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.