SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barry Ferguson

Brownie

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone watch Ferguson's Tugay like display of passing in the first half? He was exceptional in the second, but uncharacteristically misplaced about 4 or 5 passes in the first.

Still, for the most part, he and Emerton are a class above the rest of our midfielders right now.

We also thought Reid really improved in the second half. In the first half, he had looked to be lacking in confidence again but apart from the odd misplaced pass in the second half, he did much better.

On the other hand I can't see why everbody raves about Ferguson. In the first half, we noticed a few times when he was just jogging back instead of running harder to cover etc and didn't notice a whole lot of him in the second.His pass to Emerton in the first half was excellent but I can't see how he justifies being paid £40,000 per week.

True, 92er (re Jay Mc). I must admit it rather worried me when Mark Hughes said something along the lines of "he'll never do that again"!

I thought he did rather well otherwise though - much better than his general Reserve input. And he'll always be a top lad for me after the David Beckham incident rolleyes.gif

The different faces seemed to really freshen the team up.

Edited by roversmum

Yes, apart from the one,major,mistake he did very wrong. However,like Neill, he isn't really a full-back, and he continually gets sucked into the middle. Clever coaches for the other teams will suss that and he will also struggle against real wingers, in the same way as Gray.

Yes, apart from the one,major,mistake he did very wrong. However,like Neill, he isn't really a full-back, and he continually gets sucked into the middle. Clever coaches for the other teams will suss that and he will also struggle against real wingers, in the same way as Gray.

Plus the fact that they'll cotton on to the fact that he doesn't use his right foot, if they challenge him on that side he can't cope. He's actually looked worse in the middle at Reserves.

We also thought Reid really improved in the second half. In the first half, he had looked to be lacking in confidence again but apart from the odd misplaced pass in the second half, he did much better.

On the other hand I can't see why everbody raves about Ferguson. In the first half, we noticed a few times when he was just jogging back instead of running harder to cover etc and didn't notice a whole lot of him in the second.His pass to Emerton in the first half was excellent but I can't see how he justifies being paid £40,000 per week.

I thought Fergie played quite well in the 2nd half. His poise on the ball, taking his time before making the pass looked good, he also woked very hard I thought. He looked good IMHO.

FFS! Mceveley made that mistake due to a lack of confidence. He was by far the best defender on the day, except for that mistake.

Hughes said it and the supporters who were at the game could see it.

Give him a run in the 1st team and im sure he will become a great left back for the club.

I cannot believe how much negativity is on this messageboard after the spirited display on saturday.

I cannot believe how much negativity is on this messageboard after the spirited display on saturday.

Because one pint doesn't equate to a pi$$-up.

There's still a lot of areas that need addressing despite a decent result/performance on Saturday.

You have to start somewhere, and there is more chance of it happening with the supporters getting behind the club. We give the players a lot of stick, they went out and played very well last saturday, so now its only fair that we give them credit where credits due

I agree there is plenty still to be done but surely people should be ssing the improvements. You can see straight away that the players believe in themselves more and they are much fitter.

The defence is slowly getting much better organisation and the likes of Reid, Emerton and Bothroyd give off good signs of optimism

• 2 weeks later...

Dont think they would be able to afford them, and to be honest, though bazza may not have the attachment to this club that he does with Rangers, the obvious step up in quality of opposition and the extra respect he can earn in a more competitive league, even for a worse team, outweighs the positives of moving back to Scotland

Fergie Reunion With Rangers

Just seen this, I’m not sure what to think, as long as we get our 7.5m back.

lets say we got 7.5 mill for him. which classy midfielder would we replace him with?

who do you think would come to blackburn now, given the state of the team, club and finances. Certainly no one has good as barry fergusson - that's for sure.

The team should be built around him.

"tough tackling"?

I think the rest of the article is a bit of a Rangers dream as well.

Aren't Managers supposed to get into trouble for unsettling players at other clubs?

Anyway, I'll repeat what I've said elsewhere, Ferguson is class and key to the Rovers surviving and thriving in the Prem. However, there will be an awful lot of money (not much of it at Ibrox) chasing not a lot of players in January and we are gooing to have a huge fight to hold onto Ferguson and Emerton.

Fergie Reunion With Rangers

Just seen this, I’m not sure what to think, as long as we get our 7.5m back.

lets say we got 7.5 mill for him. which classy midfielder would we replace him with?

who do you think would come to blackburn now, given the state of the team, club and finances. Certainly no one has good as barry fergusson - that's for sure.

The team should be built around him.

I agree totally. Shame we havent got Dunny next to him learning the trade from a good player

I agree totally. Shame we havent got Dunny next to him learning the trade from a good player

What?! Dunn can only be 2 years younger than Ferguson.

David Dunn is a fat perpetually-injured big-headed delusional git.

He couldn't learn if he was playing next to Pele.

he could probably learn how to maintain an erection though?

Edited by chris

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.