BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers 1 Vs 0 Portsmouth

Might get shot fer this but,

- Matteo is not the standard we need right now, slow and poor positioning

- Gray - Nooo... We wont see the best of Pederson if he keep going forward like he did and is out of position too much

- i think we've been kidding ourselves a little about Stead and Dickov. They look okay when you have no one else to compare them with but suddenly looked very secong rate when Jansen (thank god he didn't find himself another club) and Bothroyd came on. Bothroyd in particular looked the real deal. Unlike Stead he was too big and strong to be pushed off the ball, had real pace and went up for headers. The ball stuck with him better and I think he's a start for tommorow and probably thereafter. Jansen is the fist player in a year to collect the ball and turn and run from halfway line with it beating people.

At last some organisation and promise.

rover.gif i am one who has written matty off,but could he be another that has been harshly treated by sourness for whatever reason.

lets hope that is the case,we have had these false dawns before the 2 goals at villa and the goal agianst liverpool,there will be no one happier than me if matty returns to be a international class player agian. tinykit.gif

prof

Gray has been the only attacking player down the left, he is simply showing Pedeerson what is required for the left midfield berth.

as it stands and IMO Pederson needs to be educated in the reserves.

OHHNNOOOO I hear you cry !

At the moment I think Rovers should be playing Gresko at left back (if fit) and Gray/De Pedro on the left midfield. It sort of balances the side up.

Emerton is slowly breaking the shackles of Sourness from his legs as we saw in the second half.

the whole feeling on Saturday was not that we had won, not that we had a new manager nor that we had a bit of luck when Fuller looked for the dive, the feeling was of a new dawn and fresh ideas.

i just hope that mssrs Hughes,Bowen and Nedzweicki can harness the huge amount of talent we have coming through and reap the rewards. tinykit.gif

rover.gif i am one who has written matty off,but could he be another that has been harshly treated by sourness for whatever reason.

lets hope that is the case,we have had these false dawns before the 2 goals at villa and the goal agianst liverpool,there will be no one happier than me if matty returns to be a international class player agian. tinykit.gif

i am also one who has done the same, but everyone must not get carried away with one performance, we need him to keep working at it and hopefully his time will come again. In my opinion he has alot to prove.

Weve also got Dickov who was great again, stead who is doing everything but scoring, bothroyd who look excellent coming off the bench and young gally

We all know when you fall out of favour with Souness there is no way back. That is unless your Dwight Yorke.

Jansen is quoted in the papers today saying, Souness made his mind up on him a long time ago. He never spoke to Jansen explaining why he would never get a proper chance. He never felt he would be part of the first team squad again and the only people supporting him were his team-mates and fans.

Now he does have a chance and confidence is his only enemy but playing games will help Jansen and thats what I think Hughes will do.

Looking back on the match, one thing hasn't been mentioned. I don't remember the last time we had a one goal lead in the waning moments of a game and weren't sitting back, a la Svennis, holding off a bombardment. Sounds like we were still taking it to them and then holding up the ball, especially Jay.

Can somebody confirm for me, is De Pedro still at the club or has he gone back to Spain? I've heard contrasting stories...

good question, I would love to know hwats going on a the moment, he meant to be a quality player and looks to be struggling

Good to see the result, good to read someof the encouraging reports on some enthusism from the team. Best of all is the read about Matt. I was one of the ones who had him written off, I hope that can be shoved right down my throat. I know he scored, I saw the goal really quickly and one time only, it looked like a good goal. That aside, how was Matty's overall play, did he do well or was the goal the only ting, more info please.

Good to see the result, good to read someof the encouraging reports on some enthusism from the team. Best of all is the read about Matt. I was one of the ones who had him written off, I hope that can be shoved right down my throat. I know he scored, I saw the goal really quickly and one time only, it looked like a good goal. That aside, how was Matty's overall play, did he do well or was the goal the only ting, more info please.

He was effin excellent and proved by the incredible noise made by the crowd when he came on and when he scored. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Hope he starts on Wednesday. cool.gif

Looking back on the match, one thing hasn't been mentioned. I don't remember the last time we had a one goal lead in the waning moments of a game and weren't sitting back, a la Svennis, holding off a bombardment. Sounds like we were still taking it to them and then holding up the ball, especially Jay.

Im afraid I mentioned it when I first returned to the game, SO refreshing to see and the most pleasing aspect of the game, result aside. If Hughes continues playing with a positive attitude then he will be very popular in my mind.

As for Gray, it wasn't a matter of him getting out of position, afterall he made a lot of good runs, it was his abysmal final ball both passing and crossing that let the entire team down. I can only recall him being caught out of position once in the first half.

It was also quite refreshing to see a player that would run at the defense, even if he was to fail on occasion. Practice and confidence will improve Jansen's game. Sure Pedersen would run at the defender, but he was so easily pushed off the ball it was frustrating.

Edited by tcj_jones

I really hope that no one gets on Pedersen's back too quickly. He needs time to adjust to the pace and physical nature of the game, very few players walk into the premiership and find it easy, especially at his age. A few seem a bit too happy to point out what he isn't or can't do at the moment, just give the boy some time.

no usa it was for the benefit of Trooper tinykit.gif

ps

How are your compatriots after the MAULING by the Europeans at Golf ? rolleyes.gif

Don't know don't care I hate golf. No-one at work has mentioned it but if America lost then that would be normal.

That could also be 'cos they would be afraid I would bring up the relay at the Olympics. They all thought they had that Gold before the race had been ran.

Edited by USABlue

My hope is that the match was not a Kidd-type false dawn. In some respects we were lucky.But if Hughes is to be a success I would expect him to ensure the older players put in competent performances on a regular basis and that the younger ones improve.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.