SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as an aside, would anybody have any knowledge if the trustfund will have any input in the decision?

Very interesting point Jim Royle. I would say yes.

Seeing as they own the club, I suppose in theory, they could make the appointment entirely on their own.

I reckon though, that they will only need to ratify any new managerial appointment.

I stand to be corrected though. Philipl?

Information I have is that of the 20 applicants there are at least 3 from current Premiership managers.

Good source from inside the club too.

Interesting. Well, they're not going to be Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho, Bruce, Souness, O'Leary, McLaren, Wigley, Keegan, SteBenetiz or Santini.

So that leaves 3 from Allardyce, Moyes, Worthington, Curbishley, Megson, Dowie, Coleman or Redknapp. Most of those would be ok by me.

Of the will not have applied list, Wigley is highly likely to have applied given his limited knowledge of rugby whilst things might well be bad enough at Villa after O'Leary had been so publicly keen on the Newcastle job that his hat could be in the ring. Keegan might want out of City before he gets fired.

Of the possible list, I would expect that Allardyce would have to be approached and Coleman is probably earning more at Fulham than he would at Ewood. Moyes is facing less turmoil at Goodison than he has for at least twelve months and has every prospect of having a bumper transfer fund come January by when the financial restructuring at Everton should be complete. Would Redknapp come north and Megson leave the Baggies after being the fouth highest spender in the Prem?

Realistically, two from Dowie, Curbishley, Worthington, Wigley and a third who is a bit of a surprise.

The way JW is talking suggests that LDRover info may be correct.

For me if Curbishley is one of them snap his hand off!

As for the trustee fund, the main person connected with the fund is on the board but never attends meetings unless of great importance- cant remember the name of him though!

Just as an aside, would anybody have any knowledge if the trustfund will have any input in the decision?

Very interesting point Jim Royle. I would say yes.

Seeing as they own the club, I suppose in theory, they could make the appointment entirely on their own.

I reckon though, that they will only need to ratify any new managerial appointment.

I stand to be corrected though. Philipl?

As far as I know, the relationship between the Walker Trust Fund and the club is rightly kept very private. We don't even know for sure the terms under which the club benefits but it seems that the Rovers get the interest income from a £20m or £25m capital sum, an opportunity to participate in distributable profits earned by the Walker companies and the ability to borrow cash on favourable terms.

With regards to the involvement of the Trust in the Managerial appointment, Richard Matthewman (Vice-Chairman who is Jack's son-in-law) and Mr Root (I believe) are Walker connections on the Board which of course will be making the appointment.

I would expect that as a matter of course, the package including associated recommendations for backroom staff and transfer recommendations, will go to Jersey before any appointment is confirmed.

Incidentally, Lee seems to be behind the times here. One vacancy is missing. rolleyes.gif

Realistically, two from Dowie, Curbishley, Worthington, Wigley and a third who is a bit of a surprise.

How do you calculate that.

Two from four plus a third. sad.gifwink.gif

Just joining in the fun speculating who the three current Prem managers are who have applied- assuming LDRover's inside information is correct. smile.gif

Martin O'Neill at Celtic has to be my obvious choice as manager, heard that he needs a new challenge!!

read this:

http://rangers.openfootball.co.uk/article....=3729&newsnow=1

So by now the man should of been brought to press conference. Oh well, guess he missed his lift and is delayed.

Any truth in O'Neill i wonder.

Well I sent my application form today, give me the chance Mr.Williams and Rovers will be top 3 by the end of the year..... well....maybe.

*remembers ChampMan isn't real*

I am praying the likes of Houllier, Reid and Sturrock do not get the job, I doubt Sturrock would anyway since JW already said they are after a 'big name'.

Martin O'Neil gets linked with every available Premiership job that arises but he never seems to make the move from Parkhead, we can only hope he decides to make the step back to the Premiership.

And how many out of those four, is a proven premiership manager?

Dowie, Worthington and Wigley are very unprovenen premiership mangers and i think the risk would be too great to take one of them on as Rovers' manager.

As for the trustee fund, the main person connected with the fund is on the board but never attends meetings unless of great importance- cant remember the name of him though!

John Brown?

Club secretary Tom Finn

You guys may be thinking of Paul Egerton-Vernon, chairman of the Jersey Board or David Brown , who acts as a liaison between the 2 groups. But if my memory is correct, Finn is the only one who is a member of both boards.

Edited by doctorryan

Rudi Voller?

Isn't he the new coach at Roma?

Arrgh Jordan- I'm not advocating them, just speculating who the three Premiership managers rumoured to have applied might be.

The straight answer to your question is Curbishley, obviously.

Personally, I would be absolutely delighted if either Dowie or Curbishley were appointed- very little downside risk and a huge upside potential from both of them.