SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don Mackay was last seen at Airdrie in 2001. The busty lass in our canteen at work has heard that Don believes it's time he made a return to management.

I Wonder?

Seriously I'm quite happy at the mo because the do-not wants of mine were Glenda and Houllier and they seem to be moving further out of the running. Id be happy with Hughes, Dowie and would accept Advocat.

Think of all the speculation and attention on BRFC over the last few days. To think only last Sunday night we were expecting a quiet international week!

SKYBET

24hrs ago Dowie was 14/1, he now stands at 7/2 2nd fav.

I am beginning to wish I had a piece of that 14/1.

Do you want him?

With a passion!!

Sorry mjs I got lost for a minute or two trying to work them bloody odds out on betfair.

Don Mackay was last seen at Airdrie in 2001. The busty lass in our canteen at work has heard that Don believes it's time he made a return to management.

I understand that he's also had spells as mine host at The Kettledrum (Burnley) and The Calf's Head (Worston nr Clitheroe). Can't comment on his performance at either of these though.

I've just listened to Radio Lancashire and they were discussing who the new manager would be. They reckoned the shortlist was Dowie, Hughes, Houllier, Advocaat and Strachan.

It seems strange that everyone appears to know the names on this shortlist. Someone at the club must be leaking the information out. I just wonder if it's all a very clever diversion tactic and we'll end up with a manager none of us predicted.

Martin O'Neill anyone? wink.gif

SKYBET

24hrs ago Dowie was 14/1, he now stands at 7/2 2nd fav.

I am beginning to wish I had a piece of that 14/1.

Do you want him?

With a passion!!

Sorry mjs I got lost for a minute or two trying to work them bloody odds out on betfair.

Its not simple is it?

Have you been delivering my post this week?

Edited by mjs

greggyk ,

I have to agree with Tony Parkes on the assessment of the club now being low-key. The events of Monday confirmed that. Why should an ambitious manager come to us now? For Hughes read Kidd and I dont think he will want to miss out on the game against England. Dowie would be another huge gamble with limited experience in the prem and the last time I looked they were bottom of the league anyway! Gregory or Jewell would be a more realistic target for the board.

Dowie is a nutter. His training methods are unorthodox, but they do seem to work (for now). Although He is big on the fitness side of things and that will catch up with the players before long in the prem, it did when we had Roy Hodgson in charge he had that Italian bloke (Longratti?).

I can't see the likes of Ferguson and Amoruso listening to Dowie. I wouldn't if I was them. The fact is he's not big enough for us. We may be a small town club but we have some top, top players. If I was Ferguson and Dowie is appointed I would be on the phone to Souness to organise a January transfer.

on any given day we are certainly better than most of the Premiership, in fact if we pulled our tripe out we are definately in the top 8 clubs in the league.

We know we are a small town team club, we know our limitations, we know we can never spend the money spent in previous years, we know we are BRFC.

That doesnt mean to say we cannot have an ambitious manager nor does it mean we are no longer ambitious.

We are ambitious otherwise it is pointless having a football club at all.

I mean imagine, there would be nothing better to do on match days other than go shopping with the wife, walk the dog, wash the windows, clean the car etc etc etc

you get my drift eh ? blink.gifblink.gif

smile.gif

good shout Scotty if only eh ?

I am sure that someone in the know will be leaking information out of the club, whether or not its disinformation throw off the scent we will never know until the white smoke rises out of the Sir Jack Walker Stand tinykit.gif

Very wise 1864.

Rovers board have long been good at deafening silences, smokescreens and surprises when the need has arisen.

We have not become a small town club overnight, we are experienced at it.

I don't , however, believe there is any future in 'ruling by committee' if that's how the trustees govern.

Don't get despondent yet and keep believing.

tinykit.gif

1 Why should an ambitious manager come to us now?

2 Gregory or Jewell would be a more realistic target for the board.

1 Why shouldn't they? If they don't want to manage a side in the prem, where's the ambition, unless of course, they only want Wenger, Fergy or Mourinho's job.

2 So you rate them, do you? I don't.

I can't see the likes of Ferguson and Amoruso listening to Dowie. I wouldn't if I was them. The fact is he's not big enough for us. We may be a small town club but we have some top, top players. If I was Ferguson and Dowie is appointed I would be on the phone to Souness to organise a January transfer.

Rubbish.

When Moyes went to Everton the players responded to him yet he hadn't achieved what Dowie has in neither his playing or managerial career.

Nor was Steve McLaren a big name apart from his Man U connection when he went to Boro.

O'Leary took Leeds to the champions league semi-finals in his first managerial role.

Jean Tigana bought in a load of players but they still responded to Chris Colema nd when he took over he had the added problem of having to boss his former friends and teammates.

If Ferguson or any other player for that matter carries that attitude then he is living up to the overpaid primadonna hype that surrounds premierleague football these days and is as bad as the likes of Dyer. Besides it's not like the new manager has a team full of world stars like Kluiverts, Ronaldo's and Henrys is it. People like Ferguson and Amorouso have achieved very little in game hence Barrys decision to leave Rangers and 'give it a go' down here. What right would our players have to believe that the new manager was not 'big enough' for them?

If Ferguson, or any other player for that matter, has that attitude then I'd be delighted to see the back of them in January.

Ha ha. Hasta beat me to it almost word for word!

Edited by Scotty

If Ferguson, or any other player for that matter, has that attitude then I'd be delighted to see the back of them in January.

Ha ha. Hasta beat me to it almost word for word!

I was just about to say - you stealing my posts Scotty. biggrin.gif

What right would our players have to believe that the new manager was not 'big enough' for them?

What has Dowie acheived as a player? Not alot.

He probably hasn't managed more than 100 games. Yes he got Palce promoted but with their squad they should have been pushing for the play-offs anyway.

I am just pointing out I don't think the top players will respect someone who a)hasn't any experience and b)hasn't acheived an awful lot.

It's just my opinion that Dowie is too inexpeinced to handle the players we have I just don't think he can command the respect he needs to.