SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but the FA of Wales today insisted that they have had no approach from Rovers and Mark Hughes also confirmed his commitment to the Wales job.

"I’ve no plans to leave the (Wales) post, which is more than just a job to me,” said Hughes. “I am a Welshman, who is as proud today of being national team manager as I was on the day I was appointed."

"But then again I would enjoy getting a massive pay check to help return Blackburn to the doldrums they came from, just as much as the next guy would"

Just back from the bookies ... managed to get Strachan still at 10-1

btw I notice most of the online sites have taken the "next Rovers manager" off the site, and even in the shop they didn't have the odds readily available - they had to ring up for them

I currently stand to win about £20 if Hughes is the new manager, about £100 if it's either Strachan or Dowie, about £150 if its Moyes, and about a grand if it's Martin O'Neill (£2 at odds of 580 on betfair)! There will be some singing in the streets of Sale if Martin O'Neill joins I can tell you.

Obviously I lose a bundle if it's anyone else!!

It's going to be Keegan I'm afraid to say.

He's been seen at the petrol station on Preston New Road..the Samlesbury one I think..oh and he's a good mate of JW.

Oh my god, in preston!

Have you got a source for this?

Does this mean that PNE have tapped God up to be their new manager? If so that's a bloody joke, he's exactly the sort of manager we need right now and if a club of PNE's stature can attract him then we definitely would have been able to.

Very annoyed at this news.

So Hughes has STILL not really commented on whether or not the Rovers job interests him. He's just told us he's a Welshman really, I'm sure one of Hughesy's sources could have confirmed that to us days ago.

Does anyone know what odds we can get on God being the new PNE manager on betfair?

dont know about God being the new manager of pne nobenders but they are expecting to name their manager at lunchtime tomoroow and the feeling with some fot he fans is that glenda son of god hoddle is their new boss !

This is speculative rumour of course as I really dot give a monkeys arse about what happens at deepdale tinykit.gif

Actually I heard that God's already turned down the Rovers job - say's he likes a challenge (you know, created Man, Earth, The Universe and all that - it would look good on anyone's CV) but he felt this was too big a challenge for his first job in football.

I think John Williams might be better off approaching Strachan or Dowie. Still at least they're looking for someone different.

Craig Levine has stated the reason he kept quiet when asked about the rovers job is because he was flattered . (phone call from my soctish mate who reads the daily record)

dont shoot the messenger just passing on what I heard

Quote - 'its flattering to be linked with big clubs especially one as big as them'

'but I cant afford to be distracted or we will be in trouble'

Edited by Uxbridge rover

bill hill betting no longer taking bets on the managers job ! unsure.gif

it will start again in 2mins.

As JW said, the manager wont be named till next week

Isn't it now next week since JW said that? huh.gif

nope. He told todays Mirror that the new manager will be named after the pompey game but hopefully before the Charlton game

Looks like Hughes has ruled himself out by saying that he has no intention of quitting the Wales job. Or is it a smokescreen? Will Rovers let him do both? Middlesbrough let McClaren work with England. Hughes has Bowen as a full time assistant to do the dirty work. If Hughes stays with Wales it will probably be Dowie, which will be a good thing. This evening's LET report (Here for anyone to read) has a right go at Souness. Dowie's purported fitness regimen will have our lads running again.