SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is being reported that Mark Hughes was interviewed for the job today and is set to take over as manager this week.

He asked to be allowed to stay in charge of Wales for the World Cup qualifiers with England and Poland and the Rovers board agreed.

If so, Im not sure what to think! I hope Hughes becomes our manager, but Im not sure if he is in charge for Wales as well. If so, I needs a decent nr. 2 at Rovers. Cant wait for some news!!!

I dont know if Jim can give any information but a nobender friend of mine has just text me stating that Hughes and Bryan Robson are going to be the new management team.

blink.gif

Todays quotes and market moves prompted me to suggest that in an earlier post this evening.

I would like to see it happen, as long as it isn't a joint manager thing.

Edited by mjs

It is being reported that Mark Hughes was interviewed for the job today and is set to take over as manager this week.

He asked to be allowed to stay in charge of Wales for the World Cup qualifiers with England and Poland and the Rovers board agreed.

*breathes a sigh of relief!*

Thank god for that then, anybody fancy a pint!

Got me worried when he said he wanted to remain wales boss for a while!

Hughesy! tinykit.gif

With Bryan Robsons odds suddenly shortening there has to be some rumour doing the rounds.

My theory is that Hughes is not out of the picture and that he will continue to manage Wales on a part-time basis. He will also take up the managerial role at Ewood and bring Bryan Robson along with him as his assisstant.

Nice one mjs, might not be true as yet but if it is you deserve post of the week. Hope your right it would give the club a massive lift.

Robson now at 8-1 and ladbrokes are receiving some big single bets having now dropped him 100-1,50-1 and then 25-1. The liken the betting to Souness just before he took the newcastle job.

Jesus christ no! sad.gif The link below

Click here

I really hope that it isnt Robson. He'll spend more time getting lashed up than managing the team.

Certainly If last years Spurs trip was anything to go by, in the Tower Thistle hotel, he was hammered at 5am, buying a couple of the ewood blues some wine, and getting serenaded by Superstella with "M A N U T D, Bryan Robsons got VD". Bradford had a game at 1pm the next day. Fortunately the players were rather more professional, but not a good example.

FFS. Ste - That story doesn't surpirse me one bit. You get rid of two of 'em and then get another one in. I don't want Robson within a million miles of Ewood. Hughes = yes. Robson = no.

What has Robson achieved as a manager or a coach? Should we get Terry Venables on stand-by now? Should we ask Steve Gibson for countless millions to waste on our behalf? Perhaps we should ask Bradford City's fans about how they feel about him coming in our direction?

Not at all happy about Bryan Robson, but then again, how much damage can he do if he's here in an assistant manager role?! tongue.gif The man probably has something to offer an up and coming manager in terms of experience.

I'd still prefer Iain Dowie with his fitness coach, but Mark Hughes would also be good. And lets get John Carver in as a coach please.

One thing is for certain, someone has to come in before the weekend. Let's hope these rumours are in some way confirmed tomorrow.

Not at all happy about Bryan Robson, but then again, how much damage can he do if he's here in an assistant manager role?!  tongue.gif The man probably has something to offer an up and coming manager in terms of experience.

Like what? How to allegedly do a Sky Sports interview pi$$ed up and get away with it? He's no coach, no leader and he's certainly not a good example.

Dream Team? More like an old pals act mickey take - sorry Hughesy but you can do better than him as your right hand man.

But then again it might not be true ohmy.gif . The clue being "The Sun".

(*despite this. looks for blood pressure tablets and goes to bed*)

Edited by bob fleming

From a Palace messageboard

spoke to Iain tonight at the reserves match against Spurs in Stevenage (Broadhall way) and asked him if there was any truth in the Blackburn rumours? and he said "its just paper speculation thats all" then walked away.

not totally convinced (maybe because he walked away pretty sharpish)

I then asked Bob Dowie after the game the same question and he said "absoloutely no truth in it because him and Iain are Palace boys through and through and he couldn't leave the super palace.

Was really pleased to hear that tonight.

Jim's Sun scoop in full

MARK HUGHES is set to be appointed Blackburn manager this week after being interviewed for the job yesterday.

Welsh boss Sparky told Rovers’ directors that he definitely wants to take over.

But Hughes has asked the Ewood board if he can remain part-time Wales chief for their two internationals against England and Poland next month.

Initial indications from the club are that this would NOT be a problem.

Hughes would then relinquish his post with Wales giving them time to find a new manager before the next qualifiers in March.

Despite suggestions to the contrary, former Blackburn striker Hughes is desperate to get into full-time club management.

He is the first choice of the players and fans at struggling Rovers and does not want to let the chance slip by.

A close friend of Hughes told SunSport: “Mark has agonised over this move because he feels so loyal to Wales.

“But he is desperate to get into club management.

“He knows that big jobs like that at Blackburn are not always going to come round.

“It’s the perfect place for him because he knows he has the support of the players, fans and most probably the board.

“But he does not want to leave Wales in the lurch and wants to steer them through the next two games.”

Hughes, 40, is now waiting for a reply from Rovers with one other candidate to be seen by the board.

The Independent coounter-balances the Sun. So have we been snubbed or is he joining?

The Evening Standard report on the Dowie situation. Sounds like he is eminently gettable if we want him.

I suspect the public comments being made by TP about planning for Saturday's Pompey game and JW saying that the decision could be next week are all part of the negotiating dance to make sure neither the FAW nor Palace extract an undue price for their management teams.

My guess is that the board probably are close to having a preferred candidate, a second candidate they would be more than happy with if the preferred candidate falls through so are continuing dialogue with, and a couple of reserves whom they are working out how to get if the first two both don't happen.

The late run on Robson is in the same category as the stories about Reid- a betting scam to get people to donate money to bookies for a non-candidate.

I agree with a Radagast about Paul Jewell. He would do the job we need doing if he came to Ewood.

FFS. Ste - That story doesn't surpirse me one bit. You get rid of two of 'em and then get another one in. I don't want Robson within a million miles of Ewood. Hughes = yes. Robson = no.

What has Robson achieved as a manager or a coach? Should we get Terry Venables on stand-by now? Should we ask Steve Gibson for countless millions to waste on our behalf? Perhaps we should ask Bradford City's fans about how they feel about him coming in our direction?

I also neglected to mention Robsons complete arrogance and lack of respect shown to Rovers fans when as Manager of Middlesboro, he decided that they wouldnt bother turning up to a match one saturday in december. (Christmas do probably the day before)

I was so happy when they went down that year, and Boro fans STILL blame US for their relegation.

I've had 3 spearate reports today (including one from Tris just now that reminded me to post it) that the shortlist is Hughes, Stachen and Moyes.

However, there is northing to say that these reports don't originate from the same source who is wrong, then again, two of the three got the Souness leaving rumour to me before it happened. So make of it what you will.

I've just had a fourth report confirming that all three visited Brockhall last week.

Not that there's any great surprise in that, I'd imagine anyone with a vague interest in the job would have had a look around by now.

have to say i'm getting worried now as hughes has again ruled himself out.

Please provide a link to your source.

Hughes hasnt ruled himself out, what was reported and it can be found further back in this topic is that Hughes doesnt want to quit the Wales job at the present time, whilst there is still a chance that they can qualify for the world cup.

Hughes, who is favourite for the job, said: "I've no plans to leave the post, which is more than just a job to me.

"I am a Welshman, who is as proud today of being national team manager as I was on the day I was appointed."

Hughes, who ended his playing career at Ewood Park, claims he is only interested in planning for Wales' World Cup qualifier with England on 9 October at Old Trafford.

Hughes is expected to announce the squad to face England at a press conference next week in Cardiff.