BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys Purpose Is To 'teach The Ingrates A Lesson'

I've just had a very interesting conversation with a friend who has been over in India for the past 5 days, at a conference in the north of the country.

According to him, during his visit he spent some considerable time with a very well connected academic (Vice-Chancellor at a large university), who has family connections to the Venky operation. During a social event in the conference, the subject of Indian investments in the UK came up, including Tata Steel and (peripherally) the unsuccessful attempt by the Venkys to make it big in football. My friend was told that after initiallly being very positive about their acquisition, the Pune pillocks have now made it clear within India that they wish to 'teach the ignorant dalits of Blackburn to have manners when dealing with their superiors'. Apparently they have become fed up with the negative viewpoints expressed (such as those on this messageboard) and the personal abuse in particular that has been directed at the family members, 'despite the generosity they have shown to the club'.

As a result they now refuse to have any first hand dealings with anything to do with the club, are no longer supporting anything that increases their financial exposure, and intend to leave the club to rot until an unspecified time in the future when an opportunity comes to review their 'investment'.

For the uninitiated, a Dalit is a member of the lowest caste in India - the so called 'untouchables' who are considered the lowest of the low in the social order. Venkys now perceive everything to do with Blackburn Rovers as being Dalit, whilst of course elevating themselves to the ranks of Indian princes and princesses to emphasise the gulf in class between them and us (in their minds at least). We are literally seen as something on the sole of their shoe, with all of the distaste and scorn that is associated with that.

The source had no interest in the story other than he moves in the same circles in India as people clozely connected to the clowns of Pune. Apparently at first they were just embarrassed by their naivety and the size of the challenge they had (mistakenly it seems) taken on, but in the past couple of years this has hardened into a determination to teach us a lesson, by making the club to all intents and purposes unviable.

It makes some sense, given the way in which the whole operation appears to be being run down. I haven't had anything more than an exchange of emails on the subject yet, but I will be seeing my friend later in the week so may get some more detail.

I say it is high time for the Dalits of Pune to do one.. low life new money half-wit inbreds that they are.

Up the blues - Venkys OUT!

I've just had a very interesting conversation with a friend who has been over in India for the past 5 days, at a conference in the north of the country.

According to him, during his visit he spent some considerable time with a very well connected academic (Vice-Chancellor at a large university), who has family connections to the Venky operation. During a social event in the conference, the subject of Indian investments in the UK came up, including Tata Steel and (peripherally) the unsuccessful attempt by the Venkys to make it big in football. My friend was told that after initiallly being very positive about their acquisition, the Pune pillocks have now made it clear within India that they wish to 'teach the ignorant dalits of Blackburn to have manners when dealing with their superiors'. Apparently they have become fed up with the negative viewpoints expressed (such as those on this messageboard) and the personal abuse in particular that has been directed at the family members, 'despite the generosity they have shown to the club'.

As a result they now refuse to have any first hand dealings with anything to do with the club, are no longer supporting anything that increases their financial exposure, and intend to leave the club to rot until an unspecified time in the future when an opportunity comes to review their 'investment'.

For the uninitiated, a Dalit is a member of the lowest caste in India - the so called 'untouchables' who are considered the lowest of the low in the social order. Venkys now perceive everything to do with Blackburn Rovers as being Dalit, whilst of course elevating themselves to the ranks of Indian princes and princesses to emphasise the gulf in class between them and us (in their minds at least). We are literally seen as something on the sole of their shoe, with all of the distaste and scorn that is associated with that.

The source had no interest in the story other than he moves in the same circles in India as people clozely connected to the clowns of Pune. Apparently at first they were just embarrassed by their naivety and the size of the challenge they had (mistakenly it seems) taken on, but in the past couple of years this has hardened into a determination to teach us a lesson, by making the club to all intents and purposes unviable.

It makes some sense, given the way in which the whole operation appears to be being run down. I haven't had anything more than an exchange of emails on the subject yet, but I will be seeing my friend later in the week so may get some more detail.

I say it is high time for the Dalits of Pune to do one.. low life new money half-wit inbreds that they are.

Up the blues - Venkys OUT!

It's their money going down the toilet

It won't work and they won't win in the end it'll only bite them on the backside. Always thought there was something about having control of a corner of England that appealed to their coke addled brains in a royal manner.

From what I've heard from some in India is they aren't regarded at all in high circles and fat guy is a joke trying to buy his way in by throwing these parties and hiring, yes hiring the celebs to be at them to get their mugs in the media. The real Indian high rollers don't need to do this.

It makes sense though as since last summer the club seems to have been fending for itself finance wise and they do seem to have turned their backs on it. Seems they'll let us rot for a few years then dump us but at least we'll be out of it. The appointment of Coyle would also seem to back this up, let's find the worst possible guy to get up their noses.

As hard as it is to take maybe now is the time for a new phoenix club. Or hopefully someone forgets to pay the tax bill and they come calling !

The one thing that goes against this theory is the fact something hit the fan last summer and around then we were plodding along and not causing them much bother. Nice stable guy in charge who was making them more book value than anyone ever had and no real insults other than the usual grumbles flying around.

In fact the club and fan base were as quiet as they'd ever been under Venkys which makes we suspect that they are putting that guff out to their rich pals as an excuse. They are never going to turn around to their high rolling peers and say we have hit the buffers the bank have stopped financing it. We can't afford it anymore and no good manager will come and work for us so we still don't know what to do and we are skint !

That sounds like another face saving tactic to me.

they would well to heed the Accrington Stanley story,

they will never finish Blackburn Rovers, they have not got the intelligence

What hasn't yet sunk in is that with every passing day, they are damaging their own image and people are laughing at them.

Story just doesn't add up. It's their money that is getting wasted in the process as someone pointed out. And, why would they appoint Lambert if they just wanted the club to rot?

I live in India myself and I can tell you that Venkys, even as a brand, are unheard of in many parts of the country. And, there is a general feeling of angst amongst the business community that the Venkys have made Indians look like inept businessmen and a lot of people who know what's happened to the club empathize with the supporters. Now I could go on about people's perception about them and how they became "successful" but that's not the point.

The sooner they're out the better.

The one thing that goes against this theory is the fact something hit the fan last summer and around then we were plodding along and not causing them much bother. Nice stable guy in charge who was making them more book value than anyone ever had and no real insults other than the usual grumbles flying around.

In fact the club and fan base were as quiet as they'd ever been under Venkys which makes we suspect that they are putting that guff out to their rich pals as an excuse. They are never going to turn around to their high rolling peers and say we have hit the buffers the bank have stopped financing it. We can't afford it anymore and no good manager will come and work for us so we still don't know what to do and we are skint !

That sounds like another face saving tactic to me.

Good point. The last couple of years have seen the least amount of unrest (relatively speaking) during their reign. If these things were really said, it just sounds like sour grapes.

In my view this club was being run by PL money - including parachutes - and now that had gone there is no more money being spent.

The idea that we should be grateful to Venkys is frankly laughable. They really should be embarrassed but they appear to have no shame.

Story just doesn't add up. It's their money that is getting wasted in the process as someone pointed out. And, why would they appoint Lambert if they just wanted the club to rot?

I live in India myself and I can tell you that Venkys, even as a brand, are unheard of in many parts of the country. And, there is a general feeling of angst amongst the business community that the Venkys have made Indians look like inept businessmen and a lot of people who know what's happened to the club empathize with the supporters. Now I could go on about people's perception about them and how they became "successful" but that's not the point.

The sooner they're out the better.

That is generally the story I get when talking to friends in the golden triangle of Mumbai, Pune and Nashik. Not well know locally and failing business wise.

Good point. The last couple of years have seen the least amount of unrest (relatively speaking) during their reign. If these things were really said, it just sounds like sour grapes.

In my view this club was being run by PL money - including parachutes - and now that had gone there is no more money being spent.

The idea that we should be grateful to Venkys is frankly laughable. They really should be embarrassed but they appear to have no shame.

Yes too much coincidence that all this kicks off when the parachutes end. The club has probably been run mainly on debt with parachute income guaranteeing that debt is at least serviced. Soon as it ends the bank caps the growing debt and they have to start selling players to service it and run the club, that certainly seems to fit the scenario.

They'd never tell their colleagues that though.

Yes too much coincidence that all this kicks off when the parachutes end. The club has probably been run mainly on debt with parachute income guaranteeing that debt is at least serviced. Soon as it ends the bank caps the growing debt and they have to start selling players to service it and run the club, that certainly seems to fit the scenario.

1465360152272606.jpg

The leaked documents, as astounding as they are,it is old news that has been in the domain,albeit not seen in black and white, for quite a while.However I find the subject of teaching us a lesson far more worrying.With the loss of parachute payments their only credible leverage with BOI has gone.Trying to find a logical reason for ignoring Seneca's bid,this would explain their motive.

The leaked documents, as astounding as they are,it is old news that has been in the domain,albeit not seen in black and white, for quite a while.However I find the subject of teaching us a lesson far more worrying.With the loss of parachute payments their only credible leverage with BOI has gone.Trying to find a logical reason for ignoring Seneca's bid,this would explain their motive.

As would the appointment of Coyle and re-emergence of the old agency links BUT this hanging the club out to dry started last summer when everything was peaceful.

Maybe planned all along though once the parachutes stopped as they weren't taking any interest before that. Bringing Lambert in then getting Rhodes through the door then ignoring Lambert also adds weight to the hanging out to dry theory though.

Was she annoyed it did not hit Balaji?

Sounds like Balaji was the only one with any interest in the club after that happened.

Just a rich (set of) idiots plaything. Thing is they couldn't even be bothered playing with it and gave it to a bunch of scumbags who pulled the legs off and burnt it with a magnifying glass. Now it's a burnt out husk with no value they are leaving it to rot in the back yard, till not even the cockroaches are touching it.

Why do they need address details? ( always suspicious when asked when there doesn't appear to be any need)

I don't accept that Venkys are trying to teach us a lesson with their behaviour. Ultimately if they really were doing all this just to upset the fans and show them who's boss then there is a whole collection of things they could have done over the last few months do achieve it at less cost and with more impact. They could have appointed Kean as manager again, they could have changed our kit, colours, name, badge, stadium, all of which would have successfully achieved outrage with 100% of the fanbase overnight. They really didn't need this elaborate scheme of Bowyer-Lambert-Coyle to prove some sort of point.

I accept they are leaving us to rot. They have had enough of spending money/cannot spend any more due to the Bank, whatever limited interest they once had in the club has gone, they now know that the Premier League isn't going to be coming back any time soon and instead of bankrolling a push are now onto damage limitation mode. Their neglect in terms of not attending games, not appointing a board of directors, having to sanction even minor decisions in India - have all been traits that have existed since the day they arrived.

The only real change in their behaviour in the last few months has been a massive tightening of the financial belt. The neglect, lack of interest and relentless PR disaster that is BRFC has been consistent since the day they arrived.

Archived