BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Craig Bellamy - Good Signing Or Not?

What do you think of the signing of Bellamy?  

423 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the signing of Bellamy?

• Excellent, he was no 1 on my list.
    • Very happy, not my no 1 choice but still very good.
    • Pleased, think he'll do a good job.
    • Uncertain, not sure he's right for us.
    • Disappointed, don't think it'll work out.
    • Appalled, think it's a dreadful mistake.
    • Wouldn't Grooby have been a better option.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i voted for Grooby :) Btw what is this warning thing below my name?lol am i being watched here,considering that ive been banished from the official? lol

Edited by Iceman

Just shows how much talent is wasted in the Premiership.

Rovers would take six or seven of those players in a shot. A lot of them are used badly by their clubs and not looked after. I wonder if Bellamy feels that a move back to Rovers would have been a wiser choice.

Good point jbn.

Incidentally Sunderland got away lightly with that list- some of rover6's pet loves from the Cocal Cola League cost £5m a pop and Kenwyne Jones apart have been very poor.

Agreed.

IMO we got off very lightly with Sunderland this year. I think £40m should have been enough to turn a Championship (Coca Cola) winning team into tophalf contenders, which would obviously be another problem for us.

However, Keane has managed to waste 80% of the money given to him.

When Bellamy was with us I thought he was truely astounding, an absolute match winner. We got a fantastic return from him despite a season limited by injury. I truely thought he would end up as one of the recognised top players in the premiership. And all this was without a top flight striking partner to complement him. However he looks a long way from these acolades now. I think the best season of his career will be the time he spent with us and think it is great credit to our management team and club that they got the best out of him.

Still think our club could get much more our of him than West Ham have. We seemed to more or less cure his injury problems but since he left they returned. Looking at West Ham, they are doing something wrong, they have far too many injuries.

We could do with someone similar to him this summer. Think that Valencia fella at wigan would be a good signing but we would have to pay at least £7m to get him now.

• Guest featured and unfeatured this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.