BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Craig Bellamy - Good Signing Or Not?

What do you think of the signing of Bellamy?  

423 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the signing of Bellamy?

• Excellent, he was no 1 on my list.
    • Very happy, not my no 1 choice but still very good.
    • Pleased, think he'll do a good job.
    • Uncertain, not sure he's right for us.
    • Disappointed, don't think it'll work out.
    • Appalled, think it's a dreadful mistake.
    • Wouldn't Grooby have been a better option.

I'm not sure I subscribe to the worries over Bellamy's attitude. Sure he's "spikey" on the pitch, but that's never been a bad thing. Off the pitch, he's only ever fallen out with Souness, to my knowledge. But then, who hasn't?

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple that with his frightening pace and we are looking at a very, very good player. With a 10-15 goal a season man in tandem with him we could rocket up the table.

biggrin.gif

356461[/snapback]

And there's the rub, although hopefully the January window turns up someone, or someone comes through the ranks (Johnson?) so we can repeat the form we had in the second half of the season last year.

• 2 months later...
Anyone else getting a bit tired watching Bellamy constantly having a go at our other players? Every time the final ball is an inch off he starts swearing at them while rasing his arms..

374724[/snapback]

He might as well tell them, they won't learn otherwise.

He only does it when they deserve it. He has high standards and so should we...Also he only says what everyone of us is saying at the stadium or at home.

374732[/snapback]

That's just the thing, it looks like he does it all the time.

Fair enough, some times it's warrented but other times he gives his teammates an earfull when they really didn't have an option or way out of a corner or whatever.

Sometimes you need to encouragement instead of being told off.

But some of the things people like Kuqi and Emerton do are just plain retarded, and they need shooting as aposed to an earful from Bellers.

374826[/snapback]

You really should get into management - football or any other type. Your clear grasp of how to motivate people would see you progress a long way. unsure.gif

Who knows what he's saying though.. don't think I will ever fully understand how players can use f*** (which is very easy to spot on the cameras) to referees and players as often as they do, and still make enough sense to avoid confrontation of some sort. (booking, fistfight, you name it!)

Read somewhere on this board that Bellamy had supported Sergio Peter on his debut, so I guess people have different perceptions of the situation.. I guess he has that fighting face, which can make people think he's slagging his teammates off, but as long as we don't pick up his exact words, it's hard to tell whether he's constructive in his criticism or just plain mad.

You really should get into management - football or any other type.  Your clear grasp of how to motivate people would see you progress a long way.    unsure.gif

374832[/snapback]

It's an opinion, and one probably shared. It's not my job to manage, and whilst I'm paying these people what limited cash I get, I'll express my opinion.

As I suggested would happen at the start of the season, with the games now coming thick and fast Bellamy seems to be struggling because he didn't get any sort of pre season in.

I also said at the time another striker would have been a huge advantage before the end of the last transfer window.

Now the need for a top quality reinforcement is so critical it's screaming at Sparky. If ever there was a time for the Trustees to relax the purse strings a little this is it.

Or get Gally back home, as a cheaper solution..?

374886[/snapback]

We should certainly do this if we can get no one else in. But really we should be looking, like Rev says, to give Hughes three million or so to sign a striker who the manager is absolutely convinced by.

If we don't have the cash then fair enough, but if there is a possibility to raise it then we should do it. Another top striker would make such a difference.

I don't believe you just said "top Striker" and "Three Million" in the same sentence!!

Try double plus. We got Bellers cheap because Sourpuss couldn't stand the sight of him any more. We won't be THAT lucky again!

hughsey said bellers wasn't going to be rushed back and fairplay he has stuck to his word. i think he's played only 2 games of 90 mins since when he come back just before xmas.

i do panic when he gets hacked and crunched and you think thats him done for another 6 weeks (Please don't use that word again)!!!! but lately he has being getting up. maybe its emerton screaming at him when he's on the floor to comprehend bellamys abuse at his footballing skills laugh.gif

I don't believe you just said "top Striker" and "Three Million" in the same sentence!!

Try double plus.  We got Bellers cheap because Sourpuss couldn't stand the sight of him any more.  We won't be THAT lucky again!

374916[/snapback]

Well,okay, not "top". Perhaps "proven" is a better word. Three million is, i imagine, the most we could afford, and could get us a good striker if we scout well.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.