BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Craig Bellamy - Good Signing Or Not?

What do you think of the signing of Bellamy?  

423 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the signing of Bellamy?

• Excellent, he was no 1 on my list.
    • Very happy, not my no 1 choice but still very good.
    • Pleased, think he'll do a good job.
    • Uncertain, not sure he's right for us.
    • Disappointed, don't think it'll work out.
    • Appalled, think it's a dreadful mistake.
    • Wouldn't Grooby have been a better option.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you mean players that souness has SOLD  wink.gif

330851[/snapback]

That surely makes Souness a worse manager. Consider Newcastle's transfers this summer: 1 player in, 8 (yes that's EIGHT) players out of a club that was already short in reserve. You've got no defenders, you've got no good strikers (legend that he is, Shearer really is beginning to get past it now) after selling Bellamy for only £4mil. Newcastle are going down unless they sack Souness.

Those 60,000 fans, think they'll still be there to watch Championship football?

Edited by roverich

I just got back from holiday to find out about this, so I haven't read all the details, but I noticed philipl mentioned a first year release clause of £6m a few pages back. If that's the case then unless he signs a new contract next summer, haven't we effectively got him 'on loan'?

I just got back from holiday to find out about this, so I haven't read all the details, but I noticed philipl mentioned a first year release clause of £6m a few pages back. If that's the case then unless he signs a new contract next summer, haven't we effectively got him 'on loan'?

331122[/snapback]

No, he has signed a 4 year contract.

If the release clause gets activated we make a profit potentially of £2m.

Which would cover his wages for the year.....

lightly different note.. I appreciate Lee did a great job in establishing this MB (nice one Lee, all credit to you mate), but do we HAVE to include a 'Grooby' on every poll we have?  tongue.gif

330079[/snapback]

Yes. I find Grooby eaiser to spell than abstention smile.gif

Good luck with him, if you have just half as good a player as the Turk that GS signed for us you'll have a good one.

Mind you, he signed some real turkeys too.

some one said he's the turkish beckham!!! not sure if i should laugh or cry!! mind people said MGP was the norwegian beckham and he turned out canny

331275[/snapback]

Emre is a creative central midfielder.

Beckham is a creative right-winger who thinks he can play in the centre.

Good luck with him, if you have just half as good a player as the Turk that GS signed for us you'll have a good one.

Mind you, he signed some real turkeys too.

331270[/snapback]

Half of Hakan Suker...they'll really be in trouble biggrin.gif

You've got a dream if you've got a Tugay. With Souey's recent exploits in mind you're much more likely to have a Sukur or an Unsal.

Expect Emre back in Istanbul by January.

I thought this was supposed to be about Bellamy... Tugay? Sukur? Emre? How did it move on so fast?

331349[/snapback]

Therein lies the beauty of discussion forums. It's a crazy ride, no one knows where we'll end up.

Actually thats a lie - it either ends up talking about racism or Grooby and the Teen Angels. Or slagging Souness.

Bloody cheeky Celtic fans, look at this comment at the bottom about the relegation battle!

http://www.celtic-mad.co.uk/news/loadnews....=TMNW&id=229129

331439[/snapback]

They keep saying about Bellamy's lack of ambition, (like it's some kind of broken record) but it shows how GREAT Blackburn's ambition is in acquiring a player of Bellamy's talent, and where Hughes wants to go with the club. Relegation battle my arse.

Obviously I want Blackburn to qualify for Europe next year, even moreso if it's to ram it down the throats of the whinging Celtic fans.

Bellamy is a great signing for us but we must be careful not to expect too much of him. He has only averaged about 10 goals a season previously and that was when he was playing alongside far better strikers than whom he'll be playing with next season. We still need another top striker!

Bellamy is a great signing for us but we must be careful not to expect too much of him. He has only averaged about 10 goals a season previously and that was when he was playing alongside far better strikers than whom he'll be playing with next season. We still need another top striker!

331720[/snapback]

But was not playing as an out and out striker and was innjured - not a bad average really considering Dickov only averaged the same with penalties.

Agree with us needing another striker dependent upon what Hughes has up his sleeve re formations, but I expect to see Bellamy more in his accustomed role up front rather than out right, which I fully believe would have been part of Hughesys guarantee when he was trying to sign him

I feel much more confident having a strike force that scored 38 goals in all domestic competitions (assuming both Bellamy and Kuqi play) last season than Stead and Dickov who got 11.

I wouldn't expect 20 goals a season out of Bellamy, but what I will expect is that he will make the team a better team. He's a very intelligent player - makes space and leaves gaps for others to benefit from. He has a great first touch and is an excellent passer - something we haven't had up front for a long time.

A superb signing who will put his foot on the ball and improve the side tremendously.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.