BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Craig Bellamy - Good Signing Or Not?

What do you think of the signing of Bellamy?  

423 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the signing of Bellamy?

• Excellent, he was no 1 on my list.
    • Very happy, not my no 1 choice but still very good.
    • Pleased, think he'll do a good job.
    • Uncertain, not sure he's right for us.
    • Disappointed, don't think it'll work out.
    • Appalled, think it's a dreadful mistake.
    • Wouldn't Grooby have been a better option.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that we have Bellamy which is a class signing for us maybe most of you will get off Hughes back, I read these pages all the time and am shocked on how much abuse fans give our own players. The other week everyone was claiming Hughes was losing his mind when he sold Stead and look who he brought in Kuqi and Bellamy guess no one will complain now.

And remember weeks before that when everyone was protecting Nils and look who weve got Mokoena and Nelson.

So maybe fans should relax and let him do his job because he is doing amazing from my prospective. dry.gif

after reading those comments John, to me it sounds like jealousy, because these clubs put bids in and Bellamy turned them down, yes Bellamy probably came because of the Welsh connection but before Everton start flapping their mouths they are not even in the champions league yet dont forget they still have to win a qualifying round. So all i can say is good luck with Beattie ahead of your front line oh lets not forget Bent and Ferguson as well. Birmingham to me just seem desperate and after everyone they have Morrison, High scoring Heskey who is the same price as Bellamy, Forsell and blake and they still want bellamy and pandianni. and for celtic its the scottish league. laugh.gif

Absolutely - though it's very amusing.

Bellamy's ambition can be brought into question after he turned down Celtic and Everton to join us but MAYBE (and I really hope this is the case) he feels Hughes is the guy to help him stop whinging in the press and start playing football again.

Maybe the reason he didn't go to Everton is because he realised after talking to Savage and looking at a map that Blackburn was far closer to Wales than Liverpool..............

According to todays Sun we are putting in a 500,000 bid to bring Cole back.

Pleased with the signing, worried about his temperament, but looking at it from another point of view, Souness was his manager. I think says it all considering Souness' temperament with our former players.

And the fact we have got another one over Brum makes it even sweeter.............

If we have paid about 4 million for Bellamy then it is a great buy.

Thats pretty much what the Admin on the main board has implied.

In that case, I am pretty sure we might have another 2-3 million left in our kitty, MAYBE! Cause we did sell Stead for 1.8 and we got about 2.5 for Ferguson in January other than the remaining installment we had to pay Rangers for him and I am sure the board must have given Hughes some money other the money he raised from those two sales.

If we have paid about 4 million for Bellamy then it is a great buy.

Thats pretty much what the Admin on the main board has implied.

In that case, I am pretty sure we might have another 2-3 million left in our kitty, MAYBE! Cause we did sell Stead for 1.8 and we got about 2.5 for Ferguson in January other than the remaining installment we had to pay Rangers for him and I am sure the board must have given Hughes some money other the money he raised from those two sales.

330714[/snapback]

Bellamy is a great signing and shows ambition!

I wonder if the money we DIDN'T spend in Janaury may now come in to play (if it already hasn't) We saved money with a view to getting a proper, well thought out signing rather than a Jan panic buy and that's looking very shrewd now.

Also JW has said that he considers that the correct juncture for transfers is now, rather than in January, so I'd hope that there might be more money to spend to get players in, settled and with a full(ish) pre-season under their belts before the start of the Premiership campaign. MH has preached the value of a proper pre-season and I think it is very important. I must admit that I'd like to see another forward. We don't want Bellamy to break his leg in the first game of the season and we find the cupboard bare...(touch wood)

McCarthy would be a dreamland signing and with a forward line like that we'd waste a few Premiership teams this season!

In my opinion a brilliant signing: Bellamy is world class, can win games and provide genuine class up front. OK so he's not whiter than white by any stretch, but these type of players never seem to be; Gascoigne or Dyer anyone? If we got him for less than £4mil. that rates as bargain of the summer so far (although Everton's forays into the transfer market look wise investments).

I'll be toasting Mark Hughes with a beer tonight. Top signing!

tinykit.gif

Souness "Craig only averaged 9 goals a season, and I see Kieron bettering that".

Low-blow.

Lets hope Bellamy makes him pay in the September clash.

330586[/snapback]

As oppose to solving one's striker shortage by using the midfielder who doen't want to play out wide. Prat.

It's finally sunk in what a great signing Rovers have made. Ok there are worries who will play up front with him, but at least we have a quality pinch hitter will be a massive boost. Can see Dickov doing a lot better with the pressure off him too.

I cannot wait to get my Blackburn shirt with Bellamy on the back! and I'm gonna save up some money for the flight over there to watch Rovers play sometime next year! I am so happy that they signed Bellamy, some exciting football to come. If the defense can keep tight like last year Bellamy might provide some answers to scoring goals and the Rovers winning those close games!

I'm r'over the moon!

Edited by mode_m

Just thinking about it I reckon Hughes might sign a couple more players. I doubt Bellamy would of come unless he felt we had a real chance of climbing up the table.

A Cole-Bellamy strike force could be handy, although not a lot going on in the air with it.

One decent defender for cover and, crucially, a talented attacking midfielder and we could be looking at a transformation from a slitghtly tepid squad a week ago to a decent top eight challenging side.

At any rate it would still not be bad if we just sign Cole:

Cole    Bellamy

Pedersen Savage  Reid    Emerton

Gresko  Todd    Nelsen  Niell

Freidel 

Fairly classy. And adaptable too for the better opposition:

Cole

Pedersen                    Bellamy

Savage    Reid

Moko

Matteo  Todd  Nelsen  Niell

Freidel

Good old Souey...

"He created the problem and he continued with the problem and that will be my last word on Craig Bellamy. It is the last time I will speak about him."

10 seconds later....

"Dyer is the obvious replacement for Bellamy - and he will score more goals," added Souness. "Craig only averaged nine goals a season and I see Kieron bettering that from the same position."

Nice one Graeme. Now try keeping it shut for a little longer.

As for Bellamy - he may well grow up soon. He might be a @#/? but at least he's our @#/? - whenever we played Newcastle I always thought we'd struggle - mainly because of the pace of this fella. A truly exciting player. I'm made up.

Got a few Geordie mates and they are all very concerned at the number of players Souness has allowed to leave the club. A few of them are even disappointed that Andy O'Brien has gone - only due to the lack of cover mind. Souness is the most hated man in Newcastle now.

Edited by roverich

Whiging old scottish fart.....

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.a...nel=premiership

I hope Bellamy keeps his mouth shut and refrains from replying in his usual fashion. Come on Bellers, prove him wrong and show us all that you're finally growing up!

330829[/snapback]

I knew Souness had lost the plot big time over the last few seasons but the man is now clearly certifiable.

"Dyer is the obvious replacement for Bellamy - and he will score more goals."

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Oh my aching sides.

Oh to be a Newcastle fan.

Maybe he'd give us back the money he wasted on Amoruso to use him as a target man.

Maybe it's time to log onto Betfair to put a bet on Newcastle being relegated.

laugh.gif Souness

Just look at the amount of players that have left Newcastle this summer.

Classic.  laugh.gif

I'd love to see Bellamy score the winner at Ewood in September against The Geordies.

330830[/snapback]

you mean players that souness has SOLD wink.gif

anyway you are welcome to the little welsh gobsihte, i hope hughes can control him, but i would not hold my breath

Here's the biggest bunch of sour grapes I've ever read from a Celtic git who clearly thinks that there's something challenging for a footballer from playing the other 30-odd games a season not involving Rangers.

http://www.sundayherald.com/50755

330819[/snapback]

The funny thing about that quote is that he says rovers have the least chance of winning trophies than the other four clubs mentioned....Celtic, Villa, Brum and Everton. Can someone please remind me when the latter three last won anyhting?!

All this negative press just makes me more excited about next season.....I'm feeling really positive that we're gonna ram it back down their throats!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.