BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Craig Bellamy - Good Signing Or Not?

What do you think of the signing of Bellamy?  

423 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the signing of Bellamy?

• Excellent, he was no 1 on my list.
    • Very happy, not my no 1 choice but still very good.
    • Pleased, think he'll do a good job.
    • Uncertain, not sure he's right for us.
    • Disappointed, don't think it'll work out.
    • Appalled, think it's a dreadful mistake.
    • Wouldn't Grooby have been a better option.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a risk. If he upsets everybody in the club, we'll get our money back - the guy is one of the best front players in the country, and only 24!

330059[/snapback]

Spot on that Den. I can understand that people will have feelings about him as a person, however as a player his quality is not in doubt. Foe every fan who will be disappointed there will be 100 more that will be delighted. The feel-good factor should be through the roof.

Welcome aboard Mr Bellamy! Looking forward to your star performance week in week out. rover.gif

My first choice striker to get(realistically) since he fell out with Newcastle during January. It may sound like a huge gamble from our side.. Nevertheless lets all hope it pays off big time! thumbs-up.gif

It's not a risk. If he upsets everybody in the club, we'll get our money back - the guy is one of the best front players in the country, and only 24!

330059[/snapback]

25, 26 next week lol GREAT signing cant wait to see him next season rover.gif

Edited by robbojohnno

• Backroom

I'm on the fence with this one.. on the one hand, I'm exstatic that we signed someone of the calibre of Bellamy.. on the other, I'm just wondering if there isn't too much baggage associated with him.

Ah well, all credit to the board and Sparky for bringing in a big name, I'll reserve my judgement and see if Sparky can get the best out of him.

On a slightly different note.. I appreciate Lee did a great job in establishing this MB (nice one Lee, all credit to you mate), but do we HAVE to include a 'Grooby' on every poll we have? tongue.gif

It's got to be a good signing , it's simple really - he's better than what we've got by a long way. Team building is easy in theory, you just replace good players with excellent players and then you replace the excellent players with stars and before too long you,ve got a good team out there. Until recently Rovers were following this plan in reverse.

One thing about Bellamy, all the teams we play next season will be defending 15 to 20 yards further back towards their own goals because of his pace, this should give our midfield a lot more room to play into .

Well just yesterday I questioned the ambition of the board.... I apologise, unreservedly.

This is a 15M+ layout over 4 years. A gamble? Oh Yes, but that’s what sports all about.

I'm not content to sit back and just take a point here and there and scrape "survival" and call that a successful season - I cant celebrate NOT been relegated (despite how important this is).

I want to beat teams; I want to jump up and down when we score goals - Now at least we have the potential.... extremely pleased with this acquisition.

On a slightly different note.. I appreciate Lee did a great job in establishing this MB (nice one Lee, all credit to you mate), but do we HAVE to include a 'Grooby' on every poll we have?  tongue.gif

330079[/snapback]

'Grooby' is quite a distinctive surname, it's almost completely necessary. Sort of name you'd find in an old kids tv show. 'Groobies Giants', Groobie Hill, Hong Kong Groobie, Groobies Leg, Groobies Magic Torch, Groobie Bobs, Groobie and the Teen Angels, Groobie Plays Pop, The Groobie Bunch, Chorlton and the Groobies (I could go on...)

Anyway back on topic ph34r.gif

A signing who can either take us to Europe, or keep us fighting for our Premiership lives. I think with the history he has with his attitude, fallouts are going to happen, whether with Hughes or fellow players. IF these rows are controlled or repressed within the club, then Rovers will be a happy SCORING lot and I don't see why Europe would be too far-fetched. But as the poster said above, risks are a part of the game and I commend the board for pulling the trigger on this one.

NOW since we've got a rapid striker(Bellamy) and a big striker(Kuqi), I think we can finally get back to a two striker formation and get on with it! This will also give Emerton, Reid and Gamst more targets to pick out for crosses and through balls which hopefully elevates their game. Also now we need to start focusing upon the other areas we are lacking like a left-back, some cover at central defender...

But to sum it up in a word....FINALLY!

'Grooby' is quite a distinctive surname, it's almost completely necessary. Sort of name you'd find in an old kids tv show. 'Groobies Giants', Groobie Hill, Hong Kong Groobie, Groobies Leg, Groobies Magic Torch, Groobie Bobs, Groobie and the Teen Angels, Groobie Plays Pop, The Groobie Bunch, Chorlton and the Groobies (I could go on...)

Anyway back on topic ph34r.gif

330102[/snapback]

What about Grooby Doo.

MM Grooby Snacks smile.gif

Without a doubt a excellent signing, well done to all concerned.

First thing i had even heard of this was at 5:30 this afternoon when i put sky sports news on and there he was stood at Ewood talking about his move, i was gobsmacked for a couple of minutes as i never thought this move would happern

Now lets get Benni laugh.gif

I'd say you can add at least another 1000 season ticket sales onto the total because of this.

Great work to all who were involved, some good news finally.

Just wish skybet would have let me register my credit card when Rosie tipped us all. mad.gif

"Sorry, the issue number you have entered is invalid"

No it bloody isn't, damn internet.

withstupid.gif

Excellent signing. Now we will have the most hated team ever

330110[/snapback]

WELCOME ABOARD THE BAD BOYZ EXPRESS MR BELLAMY...JUST REMEMBER NOONE LIKES US AND FGGGGGGGG LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHO WILL BE OUR NEXT ASSHOLE ;)LOL

Great Signing, A forward with electric pace is what we have been missing. Our strikers havent threatened with pace for years. However, i think Benni would have been a more prolific forward, so he would have been 1st choice. I think we can now look forward to a much improved season next season, possible top ten finish, althought a creative midfielder would be useful. Something to think about next summer mabye. The board certainly kept that one quiet didnt they. Did any of us know anout an accepted bid from us? Mabye Moyes has learned a lesson, after he has branded his targets in neon lights wherever he can, whilst we sneaked up and got what we wanted. A Williams/Hughsey masterclass at work i think. you got to love Hughes ability to attract players purely by his name and connections. He is raising the profile of our club. Souness leaving, best thing that could have happened. odds on us above newcastle end on next season?

Edited by benhben

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.