BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Craig Bellamy - Good Signing Or Not?

What do you think of the signing of Bellamy?  

423 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the signing of Bellamy?

• Excellent, he was no 1 on my list.
    • Very happy, not my no 1 choice but still very good.
    • Pleased, think he'll do a good job.
    • Uncertain, not sure he's right for us.
    • Disappointed, don't think it'll work out.
    • Appalled, think it's a dreadful mistake.
    • Wouldn't Grooby have been a better option.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sour grapes paddyk ?

I mean you have Shearer a year older and three paces slower and a hulking centre forward in Ameobi - a player in the ashley ward school of finishing mould.

You must be one of the minority newcastle supporters who feel glad that Bellamy has left the club. Reading NUFC sites they are gutted about losing him.

I think that come September Paddy you will see a different Blackburn Rovers, I enjoy the Newcaslte fans and have a fine relationship with the city itself. This season will see Newcastle flirt with the bottom 5 consistently until Souness gets fired.

The heartbeat is being torn away from your team, you can no longer rely on Shearer and your managers insistence that Dyer can play a stikers role for the whole season is seriously misguided, let alone score the 20 plus goals a season required.

huh.gif

I am hopeful but not certain about Bellamy.

I am as certain as anyone can be about football that Newcastle are headed down down down until they fire Souness.

Shame we don't play them twice in the first five games next season....

Bellamy is a great signing but I still don't think he will score any more than 15 goals in the Premiership. The reason? Well most teams dont have a player that can do this! OK, you can get your exceptions such as Andy Johnson but Crystal Palace got a hell of a lot of penalties last season (I think AJ actually scored ten penalties last season).

Unless we buy a decent attacking midfielder I can see us just playing long balls down the wings for Bellamy to run onto. This could work, but for too many years our strikers have been dragged too far out wide. If Emerton gets his act together, and Pedersen continues his form of last season, this will enable Bellers to stay more central along with whoever else Hughes decides to play up front.

When we were linked with Andy Cole a few weeks ago, I was moaning I must admit. However, things have changed dramatically. Firstly we have signed a player in Kuqi who I honestly believe can do a job for us - a type of player that can be relied on to totally change the way a game is being played. Bellamy will be a key player who will do all the work for his strike partner. However Cole would be the most disciplined of the three who knows from experience how to position himself and get himself into scoring opportunities.

Things are certainly looking up if we sign any more players or not. A player such as Koumas or Bowyer or another player in that mould would really add some spice to the team and get our pulses racing for next season. Just imagine where we could potentially finish next year with the following lineup:

Cole/Kuqi Bellamy

Bowyer

Pedersen Emerton

Savage

Gresko Nelsen Todd Neill

Friedel

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!!!

you mean players that souness has SOLD  wink.gif

anyway you are welcome to the little welsh gobsihte, i hope hughes can control him, but i would not hold my breath

330851[/snapback]

Do we have a bar code on the site laugh.gif

Can I ask you a couple of questions?

You are labelled the best fans in the country, through thick and thin, yet on my visit in 198? You had around 16k on? How do you explain this?

You've spent hundreds of millions of pounds and won F ALL, how does that feel?

You have a manager who will run out of ideas after 18months, who'll be the next man in charge to flog the proverbial dead horse?

Fat Freddy called you lot stupid for buying £5 shirts for £39, yet shirt sales are again through the roof, he was right wasn't he....... laugh.gif

Well I knew paddyk would turn up again sometime after this transfer. Ignore him and he'll go away until we play them next.

I'm still really pleased with this transfer and just can't wait for the new season to come, especially if we can add a couple of new faces by then and hopefully get rid of a bit of the deadwood.

Like the rest of you I'm also really hoping Bellamy scores the winner against Newcastle.

Can I ask you a couple of questions?

You are labelled the best fans in the country, through thick and thin, yet on my visit in 198? You had around 16k on? How do you explain this?

You've spent hundreds of millions of pounds and won F ALL, how does that feel?

You have a manager who will run out of ideas after 18months, who'll be the next man in charge to flog the proverbial dead horse?

Fat Freddy called you lot stupid for buying £5 shirts for £39, yet shirt sales are again through the roof, he was right wasn't he.......

this gets dragged up again and again and to be honest it gets boring, so i will sum it up for you,

in the 1980's we did indeed have 16k you are quite correct, since then there has been a bit of a explosion in football, (i hope u have noticed wink.gif ) clubs are being ran as businesses (brfc will not notice this, this is not a dig, but rovers still seem to be a 'small club' and in my eyes a family club) the club then began to siht on the fans, moving them from there seats to house the good awld 'prawn butty mob' its true my friends that football is no longer a working class game, we still have that hardcore of 16 - 20k but we get spread out at the ground and with 32k+ 'new fans' in attendance it makes it hard for the noise to be heard,

question 2:

spendinh millions!! and winning nowt, so ###### thumbs-up.gif newcastle is football, i know you will be thinking 'yeah right' but i can honestly say unless you are a geordie then you truly do not understand, its nice to spend the money, yeah! course it is, being linked to top notch players is also great, we are never going to be a man u or a arsenal, but we live in hope, the hope that is we might see a cup, any cup will do, at st james park, christ even Crystal palace have won more in the last 25 years than we have, its easy to buy the league, like chelsea have and dare i say rovers *tin hat on* but winning the first cup for years is the biggy its winning the next thats the hardest, if the day comes in my lifetime then i can say from the heart, people will see the biggest party the uk has ever seen!! again you will be thinking 'yeah right' and again i say you have to be a geordie to understand,

Q3 he will run out of ideas after 18 mths, is that from now or when appointed lol i must admit he was not in my top 5 managers but we have him and to be honest we are stuck with him for the forseeable future, he has cleared out the squad, trimmed the wage bill and more importantly shifted the @#/?, (bellas) under Sir bobby ( who i adore as a man) the changing room ruled and in particular a certian welsh man, GS have removed the core of the trouble and i may add the change in the rest of the bling bling crew have, by all accounts, learnt there lesson, when he goes and i hope he is given a full season (but i doubt it) he has to have a chance with his men before the public flogging on the Gallowgate, so far we have Parker and Emre may put pen to paper tomorrow, also we have irons in the fire and i think a further 3-4 players will be on board by the start of the season,

as for fat fred, the man is a grade A ######! hated by the fans loved by the press, the fans will buy the shirts and other stuff, it will always happen, its the pride in pulling on the shirt, if you step of the train at the boulivard it may take 10 mins to see a rovers shirt, step off at newcastle central and it will be 10 secs, its in the blood (i refer you to the above bit about only a geordie understands, )

hope that clears a bit up, i have not joined for slagging matches, i live in blackburn now, and really hope they do well, but if i was a rovers fan i wiuld be VERY worried about a little welshman wink.gif

good luck for the season and thanks for 6 points and finish as high as you can, as long as its behind us wink.gif

cheers fellas

oh ps!! i remember the ###### you lot gave bellend when he had the set to with lucas neil (two faced buggers!!!! footie eh! )

oh ps!! i remember the ###### you lot gave bellend when he had the set to with lucas neil (two faced buggers!!!! footie eh! )

330941[/snapback]

And I seem to remember a certain Mr Shearer getting booed endlessly when he wore the blue and white. Now you lot all love him.

Still, thats football. Strange isn't it? wink.gifbiggrin.gif

newcastle is football, i know you will be thinking 'yeah right' but i can honestly say unless you are a geordie then you truly do not understand,

330941[/snapback]

When you wheel out that ###### line you lose the little credibility you had.

Such lengths to post as well.

Enjoy Coca Cola.

Souness at Rovers sold

David Dunn to Birmingham-£5M, right now seems a good deal for Rovers

Andy Cole to Fulham-Free, right now seems a bad deal after last season

Dwight Yorke to Birmingham-£???, right now seems a masterstroke

Souness sells Bellamy to Rovers for £4M, right now seems a Fvcking good deal to me.

Souness is cool.

PaddyK-Geordies have nowt better to do than follow the team, jeez Newcastle is at the arse end of England with nowt for hundred of miles except sea then Norway.

I`d rather follow Rovers and be shoite with one man and his dog every week than be in a brainless mass of ###### up morons singing TOON Toon Black AND White Army and grossly underachieving week in week out, year in year out. But thats just me, good luck to you and yours Paddy!

Bellamy, Bellamy Bellamy , Bellamy!

(To the tune of Call On Me)

Souness is cool.

PaddyK-Geordies have nowt better to do than follow the team, jeez Newcastle is at the arse end of England with nowt for hundred of miles except sea then Norway.

I`d rather follow Rovers and be shoite with one man and his dog every week than be in a brainless mass of ###### up morons singing TOON Toon Black AND White Army and grossly underachieving week in week out, year in year out. But thats just me, good luck to you and yours Paddy!

what a load of crap!!!! have you been to newcastle!! come on mate its a cosmo city no offence but blackburn is a bit of a shithole!! thats why hundreds of houses are being knocked down in blackburn to try and make it look better, as for thje singing! jesus that coming from a fan whos team have some ###### with a Deleted drum to try and get the 10k fans to sing, 'getintoem getintoem' jesus !!! i'm not looking for a slannging match but howay!!

i first went out in blackburn last christmas and it was a eye opener, xmas eve the place was dead, !! does noone know how to enjoy them selves here!!

Edited by den

Bellamy, Bellamy  Bellamy , Bellamy!

(To the tune of Call On Me)

330949[/snapback]

Read again Patrick!

Newcastle is actually too good for its inhabitants, an accusation which could never be levelled at Blackburn

Can we just wait and let the football do the talking rather than bash each others towns.

Paddyk, I'm sorry to say but you've lost a quality player who I'm sure you always loved when he was wearing your shirt. We have him now and are happy that this is the case. Now go onto your Newcastle messageboards and have a moan about Souness, we're past it.

.....its easy to buy the league, like chelsea have and dare i say rovers.....

330941[/snapback]

Yeah, you're right there. Hold on, wait a minute......

Why then have Derby, Middlesbrough, Liverpool, Leeds and Newcastle, amongst otheres, all failed??

One more thing - if Blackburn were three times its size, had towns added to it that were roughly the same size as Blackburn now (Gateshead & Wallsend), nearest rivals to the north were as far distant as Edinburgh is to you, to the south as far away as Middlesbrough is to you (with one exception) and finally....we only had one main rival (Sunderland to you) instead of three traditional founder members......we would pull in 52k every week.....and the rest.

Voted 'Very happy.........' and looking forward to seeing him at Ewood this season.

Even with all the specualtion since January I really didn't think he'd end up here - the fact that he's turned down CL football and more money elsewhere is a bit of a welcome surprise. Newcastle fans I've spoken to would rather have seen Souness leave the club before Bellamy, especially given their current 'strikeforce'. The fans of the other teams who lost out in the chase throwing their toys out of the pram shows how much they wanted him at their clubs.

I have to admit when the rumours started I wasn't too keen (thought he'd be too much trouble off the pitch and would create unrest in what seems to be an improving team spirit), but on reflection, I think it could work very well on the pitch - he'll give us a genuine threat upfront that we didn't have last season.

At last we finally have a player with the ability to do well against even the best teams in the league and, most importantly, the potential make a big difference when we play teams around / below us. He could be a real match winner for us and we've not had a player of that calibre for some time. I hope Hughes can help get the best out of him and make sure the midfield is creative enough to help use his pace to expose other teams.

Hats off to Hughes and the board for making it happen!

Add me to the splinters in the arse category.

I hope he turns out to be the player that most folks' positive thoughts suggest. I've got nagging doubts though (just call me Private Fraser), not least he's a gobby git. Something I haven't seen mentioned so maybe my memory's not all it might be - hasn't he been out injured (when he's not banned of course wink.gif ) a fair bit in the last couple of years? We could do without one of our high profile players having dodgy hamstrings (yet again).

you will think this is crap but i have heard from a mate that the rumors going around are that nufc have a buy back clause written into bellas contract, could make sence as he has not had the SUN EXCLUSIVE'S like a certain Froggy we had, like i said you may think its crap, but it woudl make sence

It would make sense for you, but not for us. Given that it has only been reported by your friend rather than in any newspaper, website or tabloid despite the fact that they picked up on the release clause that does exist means it is unlikely that many of us on here will ever believe you or your friend.

I think that is simply a case of wishful thinking. He's ours now so you can all just watch as he hopefully bangs in the goals in the blue and white.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.