BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Craig Bellamy - Good Signing Or Not?

What do you think of the signing of Bellamy?  

423 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the signing of Bellamy?

• Excellent, he was no 1 on my list.
    • Very happy, not my no 1 choice but still very good.
    • Pleased, think he'll do a good job.
    • Uncertain, not sure he's right for us.
    • Disappointed, don't think it'll work out.
    • Appalled, think it's a dreadful mistake.
    • Wouldn't Grooby have been a better option.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't answer the question though. You seemed upset that some people thought Bellamy was better than McCarthy. Saying "at least he is an out and out centre forward" doesn't mean much. Ashley Ward was "reputedly" an out and out centre forward. blink.gif

331751[/snapback]

So was Tommy Briggs! wink.gif

Even if all he does is bring the best out of Matt Jansen then it will be worth it. I reckon this could be just the Doctor ordered for Matty, a quality quick partner with that Duff -like eye for a killer pass and goal opportunity.

Interesting article from Sky!

Robson also described his turbulent relationship with former Newcastle striker and recent Blackburn Rovers signing Craig Bellamy.

"He can be delightful one minute, then walk onto the pitch and begin snarling at the referee, but I consider the decision to buy him from Coventry in July 2001 one of my most successful forays into the transfer market as Newcastle manager," Robson added.

"If Bellamy wasn't such a gifted footballer, you would turn your back on him because he's a nightmare of a boy.

"You'll have a fight with him every day in training."

I have my fingers crossed that he will behave himself. He said all the right things when he signed, and there is a close relationship between him and Hughes, but time will tell if he has changed as a person.

333432[/snapback]

In American Football the Oakland Raiders had a reputation for bringing in misfits, underachievers and trouble makers and making them play some brilliant ball. In doing so they made themselves one of the most popular teams around!

Maybe that's what Hughes is trying to do? It's an instant team spirit thing, maybe? I think Hughes is what Bellamy wants in a manager.

credit must go to bellamy for not rising to souey's petty parting swipe. its been like a breath of fresh air on the board since his arrival, lets hope its the same on the pitch this season!

http://Robson Backs Bellamy over Souness

Some of the things Robson had to say about Bellamy

"he was one of the quickest players in the Premiership. "

smile.gif

"I'm talking about (Michael) Owen's pace and (Thierry) Henry's pace - he had that pace. How many players are there available that you can get like that? Not too many. Blackburn have got a very good player."

smile.gif

Hmm doesnt appear to think much of the management at Newcastle.

Robson said: "Yes he was a little irritant, but part of management is man-managing - handling the player and handling the different character.

Artmedia 5 - 0 Celtic

I think I'll be off to a few Celtic messageboards tonight.  How could Bellamy turn down Champions League football to play for us?

335316[/snapback]

Finally... We can have a go about some other British team being awful in Europe & not have people say "Trellborg" at us! laugh.gif

Also, who the hell are Artmedia? Sounds like some obscure channel on Sky...

I think it was always likely that bunch of Premier League rejects would be shown up for the shower of sh1te they are once O' Neill left. Didn't think it would be quite that empatically though. Any team with Paul Telfer & Mo Camara is likely to be given the run around though.

Wonder how many of those reporters questioning Bellamy will be quite so vociferous now?

An accident waiting to happen.

Slovakia and Scotland have the same population. However, Slovakia has a somewhat competitive domestic league and Scotland doesn't. Perhaps more pertinently, Slovakia are still in with a decent chance of World Cup Finals qualification.

In that context, is this a suprise result?

I suspect one or more of Liverpool, Everton, Rangers and Man U are likely to discover that third qualifying round of the Champions League is far from a formality.

Martin O'Neill is slipping very rapidly off the radar screen as a candidate for "big" jobs in England which can only be bad news for the Rovers over the coming months and years. rover 6, I recall rather more support for Paul Sturrock than Gordon Strachan when the Rovers management was being discussed on here.

Edited by philipl

Martin O'Neill is slipping very rapidly off the radar screen as a candidate for "big" jobs in England which can only be bad news for the Rovers over the coming months and years.

335344[/snapback]

I don't understand that comment?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.