BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Craig Bellamy - Good Signing Or Not?

What do you think of the signing of Bellamy?  

423 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the signing of Bellamy?

• Excellent, he was no 1 on my list.
    • Very happy, not my no 1 choice but still very good.
    • Pleased, think he'll do a good job.
    • Uncertain, not sure he's right for us.
    • Disappointed, don't think it'll work out.
    • Appalled, think it's a dreadful mistake.
    • Wouldn't Grooby have been a better option.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he keeps on scoring I am sure there will be a connection!

I have to say I am so impressed at how tight a ship Hughes runs. All the comments from the players and the board have been extremely positive.

All together though I think if a genuine big club came in for Bellamy he would still want to go. Same as any player really, part of the game...

Most promising news yet regarding next seasons' squad. Great to hear how committed he is to the club, and maybe now he can become a major hit with the fans, as I don't feel there has been a major connection yet, though perhaps I am wrong.

385505[/snapback]

I think ive he played more than 1 match a month the fans would like him.

i think hes a great player with an attitude that can be suspect off the pitch.

Most promising news yet regarding next seasons' squad. Great to hear how committed he is to the club, and maybe now he can become a major hit with the fans, as I don't feel there has been a major connection yet, though perhaps I am wrong.

385505[/snapback]

It would help if we didn't have such a crap chant for him. It sounds like we are jeering him when he scores!

Ive got to say that I think apart from Andy Cole he's, in my opinion, the most talented striker we've had since Shearer. His awareness is embarassing at times, and shows up the likes of Kuqi for what he really is.....awful!

We need to build around Bellamy...Treat him with kidgloves if that's what is needed...Ok, I think he's a little ###### sometimes, but I'd rather have him than not...You ask defenders if it makes a difference to them on a saturdy morning if they know they're up against Bellamy or Kuqi.....

Lets kick on, keep him fit and get a fit Dunny in when the Brum go down....I'd would have liked to have had the chance to get Sutton.....Sutton or Kuqi...?.....Oh let me see....

tinykit.gif

I think ive he played more than 1 match a month the fans would like him.

your quote amazes me! he's been fantastic (inj. arent his fault).

11 goals in 21 apps (only 16 starts!) is a fantastic record!

maybe the fans that've stopped coming to ewood agree with you ?

(and appearing in the telegraph "lets get behind stanley" unsure.gif )

the apathy of the blackburn (& nearby) public amazes me!

if fans dont show there appreciation, both in attendance & vocal support,

*(but you dont need large numbers to generate an atmosphere/ west brom and pompey prove that!)

then we dont deserve hughes, bellamy or a top 7 side!

mad.gif

Ive got to say that I think apart from Andy Cole he's, in my opinion, the most talented striker we've had since Shearer.  His awareness is embarassing at times, and shows up the likes of Kuqi for what he really is.....awful!

We need to build around Bellamy...Treat him with kidgloves if that's what is needed...Ok, I think he's a little ###### sometimes, but I'd rather have him than not...You ask defenders if it makes a difference to them on a saturdy morning if they know they're up against Bellamy or Kuqi.....

Lets kick on, keep him fit and get a fit Dunny in when the Brum go down....I'd would have liked to have had the chance to get Sutton.....Sutton or Kuqi...?.....Oh let me see....

tinykit.gif

385540[/snapback]

Yeah he's class, shame he's a bit of a sick note, also Sukur was brilliant in that Fulham game, I think thats the best proformance I've seen since Shearer in terms of pure quality

I'm just wondering where Bellers would be standing in terms of goals against minutes played this season. He has 11 goals in 21 appearances, but a lot of those games he hasn't started (He's only started 15 games). I guess Owen would probably be above him and maybe Henry too. I think RVN has played most of Uniteds games so he might not be quite so high up.

I'm just wondering where Bellers would be standing in terms of goals against minutes played this season. He has 11 goals in 21 appearances, but a lot of those games he hasn't started (He's only started 15 games). I guess Owen would probably be above him and maybe Henry too. I think RVN has played most of Uniteds games so he might not be quite so high up.

385619[/snapback]

RVN 37 apps 23 goals one goal every 1.6 games

owen 10 apps 7 goals one goal every 1.4 games

henry 26 apps 19 goals one goal every 1.3 games

I found those stats Florida Rover, what I'm wondering is how many minutes they have played during those appearances. Bellamy has been sub for a number of his games so may not have played anywhere near as many minutes as another player with 21 appearances..... if that makes sense.

Well here goes.... I've looked at each of the match reports for Rovers for the whole season. Bellamy has played 1348 minutes of football this season. He has completed 90 minutes 13 times.

This means he is scoring once every 122.55 minutes....... Not a bad rate at all

• 2 weeks later...
Thankyou for the indepth reply

387712[/snapback]

Your welcome, I'm not really bothered about how he played for Wales, would rather he played crap for them and was fit to play on Sunday, than he played well and got injured.

Anyone know if he played well for Wales tonight?

387704[/snapback]

Wasn't a particularly good game and I don't think you could say anyone played well really. Bellamy had possibly the best chance of the game for Wales and after a good first touch his finish let him down, not that it was easy. Other than that there wasn't too much to talk about.

I'm just wondering where Bellers would be standing in terms of goals against minutes played this season.

385619[/snapback]

Found a place in the Guardian that has minutes played.Mind they are Prem #'s only.Here goes:

Craig Bellamy 1133 minutes 7 goals 162 minutes per goal

Thierry Henry 1892 minutes 15 goals 126 minutes per goal

Michael Owen 854 minutes 7 goals 122 minutes per goal

Ruud van Nistelrooy 2070 minutes 19 goals 109 minutes per goal

Anoraks unite! biggrin.gif

Florida Rover

Almost a goal every 2 games.

Not the worst of records. In fact Id suggest that its his best scoring performance in a season!

387751[/snapback]

For a side like us a goal every two games is fantastic. Cole didn't get any where near that, I think.

He must have a fair few assists too.

If only he had played a few more games...

For a side like us a goal every two games is fantastic. Cole didn't get any where near that, I think.

He must have a fair few assists too.

If only he had played a few more games...

387752[/snapback]

...If only he can play all games to the end of the season... rover.gif

Glad he came through last night unscathed playing for the John Tossack XI masquerading as Wales.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.