BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Craig Bellamy - Good Signing Or Not?

What do you think of the signing of Bellamy?  

423 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the signing of Bellamy?

• Excellent, he was no 1 on my list.
    • Very happy, not my no 1 choice but still very good.
    • Pleased, think he'll do a good job.
    • Uncertain, not sure he's right for us.
    • Disappointed, don't think it'll work out.
    • Appalled, think it's a dreadful mistake.
    • Wouldn't Grooby have been a better option.

Brilliant signing - I cant think of another striker we could have realistically signed better than Bellamy. It will be so good to see us being able to have another type of option up front. With Bellamy we have pace and direct running, and even with Kuqi we have someone to get on the end of a cross or get a flick-on - when was the last time we had either?

As for the bitter Celtic, Everton, Villa and Brum fans well they are only jealous because as a town team we are punching well above our weight, and they are doing the opposite. The Celtic fan who comments about trips to Wigan and Portsmouth, well these 2 clubs would have more fans than all bar the old firm clubs in Scotland. I cant imagine a cold tuesday night in February at Motherwell, Inverness or Falkirk being exactly exotic either!

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More complete and utter @#/? from a 'Matthew day'??????

http://www.extratime.corporalcarrot.co.uk/...from=&ucat=123&

''An under-achieving club which has been through a see-saw journey over the last 10 years'' blink.gif

Common Rovers!!, lets make these plebs eat their words come next season tinykit.gif

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Not worth the webspace it's written on!

one of the many factors has to be the fact that hughes is in charge and he knows exactly what he is getting and also taht we would pay his wages and meet all his demands, unlike everton who by the sounds of it, are trying to annoy and nit pick at every potential signings demands!

Latest on the Bellamy transfer according to our mate Alan Nixon is that the final fee paid by Blackburn Rovers was around £3.75m, with a further £750,000 to be paid in instalments.cheap as chips.

Latest on the Bellamy transfer according to our mate Alan Nixon is that the final fee paid by Blackburn Rovers was around £3.75m, with a further £750,000 to be paid in instalments.cheap as chips.

330552[/snapback]

Mirror Article!

It's decreasing and might be pointing to the transfer budget being correct... or as i hope that we have a fair bit left to bid for benni!

330552[/snapback]

If that's true...that's fantastic! We 'should' have enough for another player, which would seem to be supported by the comments coming from the club about more players. If we assume that Bellamy was paid for out of the Ferguson money, we should still have the Stead money to spend.

Exciting times. thumbs-up.gif

More complete and utter @#/? from a 'Matthew day'??????

http://www.extratime.corporalcarrot.co.uk/...from=&ucat=123&

330536[/snapback]

"Matthew Day" must be the pen name for Graeme Souness. Either that or Steve Bruce.

And ditto everything LeChuck just said. On top of the Stead money, the club might be able to dig for two or three extra million (e.g. a quiet Dahlin settlement) to pair McCarthy with Bellamy for an absolutely devastating strike force. Even if not, Rovers have done extremely well to come away with a player of Bellamy's quality for only £4.5 million total.

Even if not, Rovers have done extremely well to come away with a player of Bellamy's quality for only £4.5 million total.

330557[/snapback]

Can't agree more. He's a smashin player with pace - but the main thing is he's brought that much needed "bling" to the "also ran lancs outfit"

Corporal Carrot- what a superb little rant. Really made me proud that Rovers have so thoroughly wound up the Brum. No mention that Bruce offered £1.25m more than us and still didn't get him? Ah well, go back to writing petitions against Lee Bowyer.

On the financial side, getting Bellamy for a bottom line £3.75m, a reduction in wages and a one year sell-on clause of £6m- what a deal!

I knew Newcastle were there for the taking over Bellamy but it appears they handed him an extra £300K to get him out.

Souey, you are still a Rovers hero!

Use the scroll back facility on your PC and then read the previous posts.

Just had a look at Bellamy's Celtic performances. Seems he scored 8 in 12 appearances including one hattrick but had a very high number of assists credited to him.

On the basis it looks like he needs to have the right sort of clinical finisher next to him. Nightmare visions of Andrew Cole misses to return to Ewood?

Edited by philipl

Nothing like allowing time out for a cruciate ligament injury when calculating the averages, eh Souey?

Anyway, Bellamy averaged a goal every three games for the Toon. Not the best but in a full season makes him worth 12 to 15 goals and I will be reasonably happy with that.

Of course if he continues his Celtic form of two goals every three games, I'll be ecstatic.

The point is, Craig has something to prove, and with any luck he'll prove it with Rovers!

All the criticism of Hughes will fire him up too, I reckon we're in for some major fireworks this season! Can't wait. smile.giftinykit.gif

Got to admit it, I was slightly shocked that bellamy decided to come to Ewood rather than a club like Everton who are in the Champions League. But then I think hang on this shows that the Club are looking forward. For Bellas to sign does show that the club want to make its mark. I think Craig is a fantastic player not because Im a welshman but in Footballing terms Craig is a Talent. At last we will have a forward player who can score goals but also a player who can create them. I also think Pedersen will be awsome and lets hope Emerton finally becomes consistant and i think he will. Plus Hughes will actually be able to control Bellas rather than the Thick headed pleb that is Souness.

read the celtic message boards

read the letters on sky

and read the newcastle message boards.

the tims are gutted about not getting him, now they vent their ill mannered abuse towards Ewood Park cause little 'ol Blackburn Rovers have beten them to a fantastic player.

Whats the attraction at Ewood ? money ?

No my little timmy friends, he just doesnt want to play football where it only matters 4 times a season agaisnt the blue half of glasgow. Its the fact that all of the other games are against no hoper teams that make up a tin pot league. Yes celtic are massive (in Scotland nae Glasgow), they are one of two massive fish in a very small pond. There is no attraction for Europe with Celtic as looking at this coming season and with the squad you have they wont even make the second round of matches.

The Newcastle fans clearly hold the view that Rovers have got the steal of the season. They are gutted. They now only have a ageing Shearer along with Chopra and Ameobi. They dont have massive money to purchase a triker and look like they are pinning their hopes on a big loan signing.

And little 'ol BRFC, well were clearly happy with our cheap as chips purchase of CB. I cant wait until Newcastle come to Ewood for the televised clash. i am sure that with our decent record at home against the barcodes it will be scene set for the Bellamy show.

Roll on the footie season tinykit.gif

FOOTBALL: BLACK AND BLUE BURN

Bellamy joins Ewood bruise brothers as Sparky orders: Carry on clogging

Alan Nixon

You think we'd get immune to this b******t but it really gets on my t1ts the way the Press cant wait to have a go at us for everything all the way through the 90s it was "Millionaires loose to Minnows". When we got relegated they had a go because we had spent a lot of money . I cant recall them having a go at Boro when they spent Millions and Millions on foreign @#/? and still got relegated,how much have Newcastle spent and STILL won F**k all. Now Mark Hughes has come in and steadied a sinking ship they have a go about our aggressive football. Well I would rather have played aggressive football and stayed up than played pretty football and gone down.

COME ON ROVERS LETS MAKE THEM EAT THEIR WORDS AND QUALIFY FOR EUROPE tinykit.gif

Corporal Carrot- what a superb little rant. Really made me proud that Rovers have so thoroughly wound up the Brum. No mention that Bruce offered £1.25m more than us and still didn't get him? Ah well, go back to writing petitions against Lee Bowyer.

Souey, you are still a Rovers hero!

330567[/snapback]

The fact we burned Big Club Brum again made this deal all the more sweet for me, now if we can just stick it to 'em a few more times I MAY begin to forgive 'em for taking our manager off us all those years ago when they stole Jim Smith as we were doing really well.

Can't see much wrong with that Mirror article myself. The only one to have a pop is the bookie's spokesman.

And on Five Live about half an hour ago, they had Alan Nixon on the phone to a panel of journos : he was fighting our corner (pun intended) VERY strongly over Bellamy and the 'bully boys' nonsense against the whinging journos. Doubt there's a transcript anywhere, but should be available as audio via the BBC website.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.