BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Training With The Reserves?

Guest Rovers4Good

Guest Rovers4Good

Wondered what your thoughts are on Salgado, Roberts, Andrews and Dann all training with the Reserves?

What apart from money and new contracts is Kean thinking of by making them all train with the reserves? I know Dannis coming back from injury (granted) but Salgado as another 9 games before he can get an extention on his contract and similar with Roberts, also Andrews i know he's not a fans favourite but he'll do a better job than Dunny and also he's been banging the goals in for the Tractor boys.

Wonder what Salgado thinks going from Real Madrid to Rovers Reserves? :) :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Salgado - Waste of time...can feck off for me...cost us lots of points this season

Roberts - Rubbish.

Andrews - A joke at this level

Danny - Coming back from injury.

What's the problem ???

Jordan Slew, David Goodwillie, Radosav Petrovic, Morten Gamst Pedersen at left back, Lowe at right back. Kean (the player) on the bench.

Jordan Slew, David Goodwillie, Radosav Petrovic, Morten Gamst Pedersen at left back, Lowe at right back. Kean (the player) on the bench.

:lol: Great retort.

A proper club and manager would want all their troops ready and willing.

Although the players mentioned shouldn't be playing in the first team, I don't think they should be being treated like they are. Especially Salgado who deserves a lot more respect than he's getting.

By the way I think the games that Andrews played in defence were the best he's ever played for us.

Although the players mentioned shouldn't be playing in the first team, I don't think they should be being treated like they are. Especially Salgado who deserves a lot more respect than he's getting.

By the way I think the games that Andrews played in defence were the best he's ever played for us.

salgado has had his wonderful career, and still collecting 40k a week, lets not fell too sorry for him, his numbers up, been horrible this year.

Salgado - Waste of time...can feck off for me

No need to be so disrespectful to a once great player who gives his all in every game, and by all account is a top guy.

You hear so many reports of foreign players coming over saying "I spoke to such-and-such and he told me I'll have a great time". Actually, didn't Salgado say that Hierro suggested he should play for us and Allardyce?

Anyway, point is that our awful treatment of these high profile players will make it harder for us to attract players in the future. Who wants to work for an employer that treats you like ###### the minute they're not keen on you anymore?

I get the feeling that 2 players are strong minded and quite opinionated about the current regime, 1 is not deemed good enough by the fans but was a regular starter under Sam, the other is coming back from injury.

They may not be playin due to contractual issues but Salgado and Roberts must have more to offer to the youngsters in the first team than the manager

Great retort???

We aren't a proper club Den.

You think Salgado, Roberts, Andrews should be playing do you.?

I'd much rather have Andrews playing central midfield than Pedersen. He might be very average, but you can't fault his effort and commitment - unlike MGP.

No need to be so disrespectful to a once great player who gives his all in every game, and by all account is a top guy.

You hear so many reports of foreign players coming over saying "I spoke to such-and-such and he told me I'll have a great time". Actually, didn't Salgado say that Hierro suggested he should play for us and Allardyce?

Anyway, point is that our awful treatment of these high profile players will make it harder for us to attract players in the future. Who wants to work for an employer that treats you like ###### the minute they're not keen on you anymore?

Well said. Kean acting like a baby again, just like the 'We will score one more than you' childish tactics he employs.

These lads have forgotten more than Kean will ever know about football and other than not play as well as we would hope, what have they done to justify being made to train with the kids?

Great retort???

We aren't a proper club Den.

You think Salgado, Roberts, Andrews should be playing do you.?

I think Salgado and Roberts should be in the squad, yes. Obvious to most people.

and yes, it was a great retort to a short sighted viewpoint. You need everyone fit and available. Anything else is just hurting yourself.

Cost just £1.5m, loyal servant for 8 years and appears to have a genuine affection for Rovers, no trouble on and off the field, approaching 300 games for the club with more than 30 goals, vastly experienced Premier League player and invariably first choice under a succession of managers.

Yup, the effort and commitment of Morten Gamst Pedersen really is very poor.

I dont think salgado is that bad or has been, he looked like he suddenly went coack after january last year because he was no longer getting the cover from midfield he was getting under sam and team isnt much different to then if at all.

IMO full back has only looked like such a major issue since sam went. It wasnt perfect and full backs didnt attack much but it was solid and the defence kept clean sheets

I dont think salgado is that bad or has been, he looked like he suddenly went coack after january last year because he was no longer getting the cover from midfield he was getting under sam and team isnt much different to then if at all.

IMO full back has only looked like such a major issue since sam went. It wasnt perfect and full backs didnt attack much but it was solid and the defence kept clean sheets

There's nowt so common, as common sense.

Wondered what your thoughts are on Salgado, Roberts, Andrews and Dann all training with the Reserves?

Salgado - due a new contract if plays many more matches, been found out in many matches - would you give him another contract on the £k's he is on ?

Roberts - due a new contract if plays more matches - would you offer him a new contract ?

Andrews - wants to go

Dann - coming back from injury

Given the above - I would do much the same. My only thought, but much depends on Salgado's attitude at the moment with the contractual problems - would be to have him with the first team squad to help out with the younger lads.

Cost just £1.5m, loyal servant for 8 years and appears to have a genuine affection for Rovers, no trouble on and off the field, approaching 300 games for the club with more than 30 goals, vastly experienced Premier League player and invariably first choice under a succession of managers.

Once again, love is blind. Try watching him (if selected) tomorrow - the mincing about and never really busting a gut, the tackles avoided/missed, the runs of opposition players not tracked, the number of times the ball's given away, the poor corners & free-kicks & the totally ineffective long throw. Still, he says all the right things on his blog, claps at the end and blows you a little kiss so it's all good, eh Jimbo? ;)

The fact he's been playing at all shows what a p*ss-poor, sorry set of midfielders we've got and why we're bottom of the league.

It seems too black and white this contract excuse. Surely if as Roberts has been saying, he still wants to play for the club and do what he can to help us out of this mess, they could agree to cancel the clause?

Once again, love is blind. Try watching him (if selected) tomorrow - the mincing about and never really busting a gut, the tackles avoided/missed, the runs of opposition players not tracked, the number of times the ball's given away, the poor corners & free-kicks & the totally ineffective long throw. Still, he says all the right things on his blog, claps at the end and blows you a little kiss so it's all good, eh Jimbo? ;)

The fact he's been playing at all shows what a p*ss-poor, sorry set of midfielders we've got and why we're bottom of the league.

Once again, blind is blind. Seems your judgment of players is similar to your judgment of managers.

In your words, p*ss-poor.

:lol:

If we only had 11 little Gamsties on the pitch.

At this moment in time, I would welcome Andrews back. Club no money to buy. Andrews gives more than Dunn. Ok defending as well. Scores the odd goal. If rovers are paying him, may as well.put him in the shop.window and play him.

Yeah MGP is the reason we are bottom of the league. Just him. True story.

Salgado - due a new contract if plays many more matches, been found out in many matches - would you give him another contract on the £k's he is on ?

Roberts - due a new contract if plays more matches - would you offer him a new contract ?

Andrews - wants to go

Dann - coming back from injury

Given the above - I would do much the same. My only thought, but much depends on Salgado's attitude at the moment with the contractual problems - would be to have him with the first team squad to help out with the younger lads.

I think i'd make Salgado player manager till the end of the season, it's not like he could do any worse and get rid of Kean.

Problem solved.

...only signed a new contract with us because no-one else would pay him as much

...has been poor for 3 years (apart from a few good performances earlier this season)

I do agree though that he does care for the club more than most of the other player, and always claps the fans at the end.

Archived