Sibley 29 n.o. so far off 85. He’s doing the job I guess, but he’s not convincing. Doesn’t ever look like he’s in control.

Rob Keys is a top bloke and he handled that 'discussion' on Coaching post the Thorpe interview so well considering the nonsense he was listening to.

Brilliant hundred fir Sibley. Delighted for him. 

Really enjoyed listening to Graham Thorpe this morning 

Its time to declare and protect Sibley's great knock as a Not Out, or maybe we just rely on Broad and Jimmy not hanging around.

How good it is to see a proper opener playing a top-class Test innings.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

19 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Its time to declare and protect Sibley's great knock as a Not Out, or maybe we just rely on Broad and Jimmy not hanging around.

How good it is to see a proper opener playing a top-class Test innings.

Coupled with Stokes knocking the South African bowling attack to all parts!

I cannot stand Talksports coverage of the cricket, its appalling, more like a boys club get together than quality analysis and coverage.

Test match special can be a bit stuck up, some of the comments from Agnew and Co irritate at times but its so much better than talksport.

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I cannot stand Talksports coverage of the cricket, its appalling, more like a boys club get together than quality analysis and coverage.

Test match special can be a bit stuck up, some of the comments from Agnew and Co irritate at times but its so much better than talksport.

This test match is the first time that I have been listening to talksport cricket coverage and completely agree, it is awful.  Some of it is cringeworthy.  TMS is in a different league.

Just got to stay patient, keep bowling the right line and length, hopefully the wickets will come.

South Africa doing well and we seem to be running out of ideas and some concerns about Jimmy's fitness.

A few baffling fields set by Root in last session with players seemingly in running saving position's when there is no threat of them getting close to the target.  

Big final session coming up.

Tough for England to take 5 wickets in final session.

SA showing how to save a Test match. 

Question marks again over Root's captaincy.  

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Question marks again over Root's captaincy.   

How? 

we tried everything. 

The pitch is a farce and another example of poor pitch. its slow and no pace at all as Michael Holding has just agree my comment/post from the commentary box

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

How? 

we tried everything. 

The pitch is a farce and another example of poor pitch. its slow and no pace at all as Michael Holding has just agree my comment/post from the commentary box

Michael Holding checks your posts on here before making comments.

Interesting.

😁

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Michael Holding checks your posts on here before making comments.

Interesting.

😁

not watching it Jim? 

if you were you would the point Ive just make as he does the same one from commentary box in South Africa

Edited by chaddyrovers

I think that it has been a decent test pitch, maybe got a bit too slow on day 5 but if you bowl in the right consistently you will get wickets.  We haven't quite been able to do that consistently today.  Root's is not a very tactically aware captain, he field placings not the best, particularly to spinners.

9 minutes ago, Kamy100 said:

I think that it has been a decent test pitch, maybe got a bit too slow on day 5 but if you bowl in the right consistently you will get wickets.  We haven't quite been able to do that consistently today.  Root's is not a very tactically aware captain, he field placings not the best, particularly to spinners.

The wicket is dire after day 3. Offering nothing much at all

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The wicket is dire after day 3. Offering nothing much at all

That's a good Test pitch and has been England's problem for years - they struggle to take wickets on tracks that offer little help to the bowlers

22 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

That's a good Test pitch and has been England's problem for years - they struggle to take wickets on tracks that offer little help to the bowlers

You want a pitch that has pace all the way through the test matches for the fast bowlers but also for the spinners. 

Stokes has bowl magnificent so far in this spell. 

Good in there. 

England have delivered. 

The England fans there in Cape Town have been fantastic and what a great support

Absolutely brilliant.  Stokes is unbelievable.  Special test match.

A superb advert for why the 4 day test match idea is bonkers.