Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oldgregg86

Goal of the season

11 posts in this topic

It's that time of year again folks. Who gets your vote.

For me it has to be the team goal v derby away with emnes v Wigan close second 

Duffy's second for Cardiff v Rovers, a proper centre forwards header. Leapt above the opposition and Cardiff forwards like a salmon

Edited by perthblue02
6 people like this

To say it's the worst season I can ever remember seeing there's been some cracking goals in there

1 person likes this

The Duffy header for Cardiff v Rovers was brilliant and brought to mind Martin Chivers, Tony Hateley or Peter Withe at their prime but it was still just a header which even CBs are supposed to know how to do.

I'm going for Duffy's first for Cardiff in the same match. Here he showed the speed of thought and the sublime goal scoring instinct of a young Jimmy Greaves. The way he swifty adjusted body and foot position and the control as he simply passed the ball into the goal low and away from the keeper. There was no rushed hack at the ball common in CBs in such a situation.

Both goals are good and deserve their Youtube homage in the movie "The Great Shane Duffy" now on a smartphone near you.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
2 people like this

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

The Duffy header for Cardiff v Rovers was brilliant and brought to mind Martin Chivers, Tony Hateley or Peter Withe at their prime but it was still just a header which even CBs are supposed to know how to do.

I'm going for Duffy's first for Cardiff in the same match. Here he showed the speed of thought and the sublime goal scoring instinct of a young Jimmy Greaves. The way he swifty adjusted body and foot position and the control as he simply passed the ball into the goal low and away from the keeper. There was no rushed hack at the ball common in CBs in such a situation.

Both goals are good and deserve their Youtube homage in the movie "The Great Shane Duffy" now on a smartphone near you.

Already out there :)

1 person likes this

Some great goals in a  terrible season. 

Team goal V Derby for me. Although Grahams V UTD was pretty sweet too. 

Bennett v Blackpool.

They will probably give it to "the Barca goal" ended by Graham but actually present it to Jason Lowe for his part in the build up. :rolleyes: 

Edited by Stuart
2 people like this

Just now, Stuart said:

Bennett v Blackpool.

They will probably give it to "the Barca goal" ended by Graham but actually present it to Jason Lowe for his part in the build up. :rolleyes: 

Bennett got a few nice ones alright 

This is the full selection for those interested. Crazy how a team as poor as ours has scored so many good goals!

The team goal vs Derby for me. Forgot about that Gallagher volley against Wolves as well, great finish.

1 person likes this

Bennett vs Blackpool for me. Often the audacity of trying having succeeded is what I love. I love a good long range goal.