BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] General Election Blackburn 2017. The Venkys Out Party and You

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The deadline for submitting details of candidates is 28 days before polling day That was 4.00pm yesterday, May 11th. It's either happening or not, no other way of looking at it.

Well done to whoever stumped up £500 for the deposit if a candidate is standing. 

3 hours ago, Paul said:

The deadline for submitting details of candidates is 28 days before polling day That was 4.00pm yesterday, May 11th. It's either happening or not, no other way of looking at it.

Well done to whoever stumped up £500 for the deposit if a candidate is standing. 

Correct...It is happening. Blackburn's Martin Bell or what!

It's almost like there is a news embargo and people should be hitting the refresh button early this evening.

Oooh, it's like the days of Nicko's old 11 o'clockers (except the site won't fall over when we have 1000 simultaneous logins any more ;) ) 

Ste, LV - I could do with a brief write up and summary for www.venkysout.com.

Website getting more than 1,000 hits per day from around the world over the last two weeks.

Soon as the BRAG statement went up SSN were covering the Cheston Out vote of no confidence.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Ste, LV - I could do with a brief write up and summary for www.venkysout.com.

Website getting more than 1,000 hits per day from around the world over the last two weeks.

Soon as the BRAG statement went up SSN were covering the Cheston Out vote of no confidence.

It is on the candidate's agenda, ......once he has been fitted for his white suit LOL.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don't live in the Blackburn area so the issue doesn't really relate to me. If it did I'd be voting for a political party. Rovers are very important to me but the way the country is run is much more important. Sorry but that's just my opinion.

Don't worry, this has been thought through already. The candidate is expecting very few votes and it will not have any effect on the winning party. Labour will definitely get the vote for Blackburn. The idea behind this, is to illicit as much publicity about our plight as possible. The timing of this could not be better, after the articles in the press all week and now this potential tax raid on Venkys. The more media attention we get to show how the fans feel about Venkys the better and this is simply a publicity stunt.

My understanding is they are NOT wanting to actually get elected and this is simply a platform to get information to the masses, making them aware of the clubs current plight, not take votes off serious candidates.

and if you question wether that's needed in Blackburn, you only need read the LTs comment section to find masses of people blissfully unaware of what's happening.

disclaimer: I'm not involved with this, I just happened to be at one of the Ewood WMCs meeting where this was planned, so things may have changed since then

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I thought I heard on the radio yesterday that in the Labour Party Manifesto there was a commitment to ensure supporters trusts will be entitled to two seats on the board of all football clubs. That would make things very interesting at Ewood.

How do you do that! people own the clubs who are labour to suddenly tell people what to do with football clubs and businesses they own, They have enough difficulty with there own party!

25 minutes ago, lraC said:

Don't worry, this has been thought through already. The candidate is expecting very few votes and it will not have any effect on the winning party. Labour will definitely get the vote for Blackburn. The idea behind this, is to illicit as much publicity about our plight as possible. The timing of this could not be better, after the articles in the press all week and now this potential tax raid on Venkys. The more media attention we get to show how the fans feel about Venkys the better and this is simply a publicity stunt.

I wouldn't be too sure Labour are home and hosed in Blackburn the Conservative Party are attracting the early money and a Venky Out candidate will be music to the ears of the Torres.

4 hours ago, Glenn said:

It's almost like there is a news embargo and people should be hitting the refresh button early this evening.

Oooh, it's like the days of Nicko's old 11 o'clockers (except the site won't fall over when we have 1000 simultaneous logins any more ;) ) 

how many times did the site crash back then during those 11 o'clockers? lol

Just now, Brownpants18 said:

I wouldn't be too sure Labour are home and hosed in Blackburn the Conservative Party are attracting the early money and a Venky Out candidate will be music to the ears of the Torres.

The Conservative candidate is a life-long Rovers fan who also does a lot of work for the Football League. He is unlikely to get elected but I suspect he'll ruffle a few Labour feathers (pun intended).

Just now, Brownpants18 said:

Fernando surely can't be allowed to stand can he? After all he is Spanish.

Archived