BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

iFollow Thread

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So went to log onto ifollow and I got a message that my IP has been blocked by the elf website. I was using a VPN. Very disappointing. Lucky I was just using match passes and not a season pass. 

The crackdown has already started. I notice the VPN I sometimes use is stopping it's free service in a few weeks. Also this very same VPN stopped working on several sites this year. BBC etc. started blocking VPN's a while back too.

Total control is coming....

Edited by Husky
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Husky said:

The crackdown has already started. I notice the VPN I sometimes use is stopping it's free service in a few weeks. Also this very same VPN stopped working on several sites this year. BBC etc. started blocking VPN's a while back too.

Total control is coming....

It's funny though, the more they shut down access from paying customers via VPN, the more it pushes people toward pirated streams where the clubs make no money at all.

Just now, philipl said:

VPN Express free for first 30 days. Then about £50 for a year. Beats the Great Firewall. You chose where you are in the world. Los Angeles 3 particularly good.

How do they get around the 'blocking'?

Or do they?

I presume a particular website can always tell once they cotton on. Hence sites like BBC blocking certain VPNs that previously used to work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Husky said:

How do they get around the 'blocking'?

Or do they?

I presume a particular website can always tell once they cotton on. Hence sites like BBC blocking certain VPNs that previously used to work.

I am no expert beyond telling you works in China.

• 2 weeks later...

The sound works on all the ifollow videos and the listen live link (albeit just the music). So again, it's the numpties that sort out the live streams that are to blame (last week they switched from the West Brom commentary to Rovers after about 10 mins).

I think it's because the commentators haven't turned up and plugged in the sound lead. . . It was better last season when the sound and camera feeds were together on the same channel. 

Edited by Husky