SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bayes, Seneca and Nixon interview

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dunnfc said:

I think they are from the bank.

however I've been at a company before and shortly before the administration process happened new accountants arrived for a few weeks to ascertain the position of the company accounts prior to the engagement and appointment of a administrator.

Bank of India will be massively concerned about their £15m unsecured overdraft which has been maxed out for well over a year in the light of the tax raid.

Anyone on here a creditor of Rovers at the moment?

The Raos are not in the best of positions to resist a winding up petition just now.

52 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

They might well become a collectors item on the Antique Road Show. The last of their kind. 

Make sure its kept in the original envelope and handled with white gloves. Only 718 of them in the entire world!

When this interview was taking place last Tuesday Andy Bayes said that they (Radio Lancashire) were going to be speaking to people at the club in Blackburn, not India, in the next few days (or words to that effect).

Here we are a week later and has this interview taken place?

Just now, JHRover said:

When this interview was taking place last Tuesday Andy Bayes said that they (Radio Lancashire) were going to be speaking to people at the club in Blackburn, not India, in the next few days (or words to that effect).

Here we are a week later and has this interview taken place?

Your right he did say it. I'd imagine they were going to be speaking to cheston briefly. I'd say given the recent events nobody at Ewood is contactable bar the ticket office 

1 hour ago, Irishrover213 said:

Your right he did say it. I'd imagine they were going to be speaking to cheston briefly. I'd say given the recent events nobody at Ewood is contactable bar the ticket office 

Even the ticket office staff aren't busy. There are 700 sold so far, so even I could manage to sort them out from home. Don't tell Venkys though, as they might give me the gig.

On 2017-5-15 at 07:19, philipl said:

Bank of India will be massively concerned about their £15m unsecured overdraft which has been maxed out for well over a year in the light of the tax raid.

Anyone on here a creditor of Rovers at the moment?

The Raos are not in the best of positions to resist a winding up petition just now.

Philip are you saying because of the negligence of these cretins Blackburn Rovers could be wound up or are you referring to their Indian companies?

Just now, Brfcrule1 said:

Philip are you saying because of the negligence of these cretins Blackburn Rovers could be wound up or are you referring to their Indian companies?

He means a petition initially Sav which would see them go to court over rovers and then being put into admin by those serving the wind up petition (the bank).

• 2 months later...
On 09/05/2017 at 23:04, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I got the feeling listening to Ian that there will need to  be massive job cuts at Ewood whoever takes charge. If I worked there I'd be looking for a new job tomorrow.

This- Tyrone the Oracle

9 hours ago, TBTF said:

This- Tyrone the Oracle

Happens in any business when it downgrades, bringing overhead costs in align with revenues. 2 relegation a in 7 years was always going to cause an issue. 

Question is could more have been done to rid the club of these owners and to have stopped this?

1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

Happens in any business when it downgrades, bringing overhead costs in align with revenues. 2 relegation a in 7 years was always going to cause an issue. 

Question is could more have been done to rid the club of these owners and to have stopped this?

Hmmm...Fair question...but I am starting to think that it suits them too much for the club to be shown to be losing money, hand over fist.

I am just musing that It won't ever be enough to make them a bit uncomfortable via the press etc because discomfort/embarrassment seems to be a price worth paying in order to have a "sick project" in their portfolio.

This suggests that action would have to come from an authority like HMRC, the police or the F.A.(haha)

Supporters would have to come up with something really extreme and probably in India.

Sorry, it is not what I want to think or what you want to hear. I think we need a re-think...

6 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Agree, Dunn. Just thinking back to Cheston's statement of'' optimism around the Club'' in the  ticket sales announcement recently. Bet there's plenty there now feeling the pain of this Venky reign of terror paying the price with their jobs. Pity it wont extend to Cheston or Pasha .Optimism my arse.

Might be voluntary now but as many have said on here in last 24 hours , compulsory comes next.

Must be so tempting to trouser the Lenihan/Mulgrew anything that moves money just as the window slams shut. If they think running the club within its means is suddenly the way forward then our total revenue wont even pay the interest on £130million of debt never mind saving on cleaners/ground staff etc

Total W  anchors.

1 hour ago, TBTF said:

Agree, Dunn. Just thinking back to Cheston's statement of'' optimism around the Club'' in the  ticket sales announcement recently. Bet there's plenty there now feeling the pain of this Venky reign of terror paying the price with their jobs. Pity it wont extend to Cheston or Pasha .Optimism my arse.

Might be voluntary now but as many have said on here in last 24 hours , compulsory comes next.

Must be so tempting to trouser the Lenihan/Mulgrew anything that moves money just as the window slams shut. If they think running the club within its means is suddenly the way forward then our total revenue wont even pay the interest on £130million of debt never mind saving on cleaners/ground staff etc

Total W  anchors.

I took the words from a man who’s (lost) evidently calculated with the clubs future and balance sheet with a pinch of salt concerning any air of optimism, Parson Blue mentioned he’s gone back to FD so it now looks like the shadow director come consultant and whose job previously was sales manager for glucose biscuits in Durban, SA is running the show, can you name me another club where this happens? You genuinely would as a neutral football fan struggle to believe it.

Rovers and this summer has been more of a case people have put heads down and just got on with it, we are now down to a base level of skeletal support as many have decided enough is enough and found better things to do so we remain with a reliant hardcore fixated on just 90 minutes a week, the rest they block out. If this club story had happened at Blackpool or even Burnley, fans of both would have rioted or been more vociferous. I personally don’t think rovers fans like confrontation, quite reserved people and drained by it all.

As you suggest you can’t have positivity going around the place when you’ve just been relegated in the summer and now lie two divisions below where they the Venkys inherited the club from, bar Leyton Orient and Porstmouth (Read this -) which other club has dropped so quickly? It’s quite offensive to suggest positivity and quite rightly I know people in Ewood are very concerned and have been for some time, so perhaps Mike should consult with his employees and address the staff but then again he chooses at his own volition as confirmed to fans in March that he prefers to speak to Suhail when he can actually just pick up the phone to the owners, that to me is baffling.

The thing is the good members of staff working at BRFC genuinely don’t know anything about what is happening, the secrecy on the outside what fans see is exactly the same what happens within Ewood, I luckily went cooperate with others at Villa and the service was still A1, it’s a brilliant service/package and one of the best I’ve enjoyed though for how much longer it’s sustainable will result in redundancies etc.

The club has speared into terminal decline with no notable management structure to speak of or able to sort a sock draw let alone turn a club round, I’m not surprised to see unfortunate collateral in staff redundancies, they’ve the owners and the FA to sincerely thank for this.

90% of everything this club does is very much shrouded in mystery and it’s not a fit nor proper way to conduct the running of a UK business. I don’t particularly care what works for the idiots in India, directly through their own actions and continued mystery is damaging this club beyond repair and the socio economics of local businesses in the town.

Volunteered redundancies come about when you’ve a struggling business. It’s cheaper to let go of staff after a few years of service only as it’s only a week’s pay you pay out per year they’ve worked until it exceed the statutory limits. Rovers have allot of long term staff meaning we’d owe 1.5 weeks over the statutory limit so by invoking a series of letters of voluntary redundancy the club is ultimately hopeful some come forward possibly with another role elsewhere lined up to take a small lump incentive to leave as opposed to the sums of redundancy they’d have to pay out usually resulting in possible costs being saved. It’s not just the sums of money involved with redundancy it’s peoples pensions, it’s there livelihoods in some cases allot of what they’ve only really known.

Worst thing is, by crashing and burning last season through Hanley, Duffy and anyone worth a fee being flogged they accelerated the attempt of trying to break even or minimal funds needed to continue as a club process.

If Cheston could find his balls and explain to V’s we are taking a hit (perhaps the 5million of Hanley being spent or him being kept) last year could have kept us up meaning this year we’d be 5 million better off and a division higher attracting more external revenues commercially and match day wise, still bringing wages down of the now released players whilst not having to plug this year’s losses making it easier to be break even now, we’d also still be able to sell Hanley or use the funds to attract a higher calibre of player in a better league. He didn’t open his mouth, they rushed it and they’ve probably added another 10million + of debt in the process.  

Archived