BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bayes, Seneca and Nixon interview

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How can Andy Bayes cover anything up? He is a reporter/Journalist for them. Not the editor or in charge of BBC Radio Lancs either

Andy Bayes covered the recording of the Q&A for radio Lancs/Rovers, we agree on that?

The minutes got 'watered down' significantly, and as a local radio station/local reporter he was party to the 'watering down' which to be frank is an absolute disgrace and removed controversial key points/moments, not by mistake i'd wager.

As Matty rightly says above, the local media have offered the fans nothing over the past 6yrs, spineless cowards the lot of them, looking to further their own careers at the expense of this once proud club and its supporters. 

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

:wacko::unsure::blink:

I suppose in the same way that Cheston can't at Rovers. After all he's just the bean counter not the MD or owner.

Re-read Gav's post. He says Bayes/Radio Lancs.

As someone who is by location dependent on Radio Lancs for a lot of Rovers info I am confident I get a watered down version of the truth slanted in favour of trying to always place the Club in a good light. This approach sadly never takes the Raos fully to task. Please take out

Just now, Leyland-Rover said:

Are there any factual reasons why they might of not said anything for 6 years?

Had the powers that be at Rovers possibly threatened to cut / restrict their access if they were negative about the owners etc?

Because otherwise Blackburn would not let them anywhere near the club. So they'd be out the radio instantly.

Happened at Reading.

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Because otherwise Blackburn would not let them anywhere near the club. So they'd be out the radio instantly.

Happened at Reading.

So what's changed this time? Are we saying they are comfortable to speak our now, and know for a fact they will still have access?

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Happened at Reading.

And what happens when you let the bullies rule the playground...? They come back next time looking for more, then more and the next thing you know, there is no playground, and you are being told that its your fault for not standing up to the bullies, when you had the chance.

Love Rovers. Hate bullies ;)

Just now, Leyland-Rover said:

So what's changed this time? Are we saying they are comfortable to speak our now, and know for a fact they will still have access?

No we are in the third division and they probably aren't all that fussed, if they get banned.

When things have reached the stage they have it is time for organisations like the Lancashire Telegraph and Radio Lancashire to see the bigger picture and tell it as it is. If the club makes threats to try and change the way they report things then they should tell their readers/listeners this so that people know exactly what bullying tactics they have tried to use.

It's taking it a bit far when someone at the club has access to stories before they are sent to print and has the ability to amend and delete sections of stories to suit his or the club's agenda. Likewise when they suddenly changed the picture on their website because someone noticed that the previous one included Suhail who everyone wants to keep hidden from view. Why do the Telegraph give them this power? Just refuse and if the club refuses to give interviews then tell people why.

They'll probably use the excuse that if they lose access to the club then it will mean people lose a valuable source of information or that it would harm business for the Telegraph, yet amazingly that doesn't seem to have been a problem in Newcastle/Nottingham/Coventry who have all spoken out against their owners with more damning stories and been banned from the club for periods of time.

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Andy Bayes covered the recording of the Q&A for radio Lancs/Rovers, we agree on that?

The minutes got 'watered down' significantly, and as a local radio station/local reporter he was party to the 'watering down' which to be frank is an absolute disgrace and removed controversial key points/moments, not by mistake i'd wager.

As Matty rightly says above, the local media have offered the fans nothing over the past 6yrs, spineless cowards the lot of them, looking to further their own careers at the expense of this once proud club and its supporters. 

Well said, Gav.

Venky's OUT!

Radio Lancs OFF!

Radio Lancashire had its nose well and truly put out of joint during Kennys time here when he more or less banned them from the unrestricted access they'd always been used to.

The station and Gary Hickson in particular actually reveled in the fact they'd been 'cut out of the loop' in later years, and now they're in bed with the club at the expense of the fans, what an about turn, pathetic really.

We're crying out for some old fashioned journalism, someone to grow some balls and make a name for themselves, what an opportunity being missed.

1 hour ago, gazsimm said:

I doubt us fans will never know the truth what's happened behind the scenes at Rovers unless the FA really investigate the running of the club. All I know it's not a football club anymore it's a circus.

With one of the FA's commercial partners being implicated in the whole sorry saga the chances of that are practically zero gaz.

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Radio Lancashire had its nose well and truly put out of joint during Kennys time here when he more or less banned them from the unrestricted access they'd always been used to.

The station and Gary Hickson in particular actually reveled in the fact they'd been 'cut out of the loop' in later years, and now they're in bed with the club at the expense of the fans, what an about turn, pathetic really.

We're crying out for some old fashioned journalism, someone to grow some balls and make a name for themselves, what an opportunity being missed.

Problem is, that person needs to be an editor.

15 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Problem is, that person needs to be an editor.

An editor would need to have the balls to print you're right, but a young journalist with a bit of drive could have a field day with the past 7yrs.

1 minute ago, Gav said:

An editor would need to have the balls to print you're right, but a young journalist with a bit of drive could have a field day with the past 7yrs.

It's entirely possible they already have, Gav.

The problem is punishing. When even the national rags are afraid to take these people on in court then a local paper reporting to a generic publishing house out of the area has no chance.

Shouldnt have stopped them asking very simple but pointed questions. Even now it's all very tame.

19 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Didn't see the original question sorry.

If we were to take an extra 1m in income from ST sales that might find it's way into the playing budget. If we lose income from yet more people dropping off that will come out of the playing budget and the owners won't be willing to make up the difference imo.

You seriously think that we can pull £35 mill into the club and none of it goes on the playing staff, but if we had pulled £36 mill in, some of it would have been spent on the team? 

That's either naive or a wind up. 

51 minutes ago, Hasta said:

You seriously think that we can pull £35 mill into the club and none of it goes on the playing staff, but if we had pulled £36 mill in, some of it would have been spent on the team? 

That's either naive or a wind up. 

An extra million brought in would have just meant 1 million less in what venkys put in to fund the operating expenses (operating losses) of the club.

23 hours ago, Stuart said:

This is typical of us Rovers fans. Even more so of late.

We are all miserable, we hate what we have, we can see nothing but a bleak future under current owners. We crave something else, any kind of relief from this hell, we talk about non-league and Phoenix clubs and bucket collections and a fresh start.

Yet a known fan sticks his neck out and offers an alternative which might not be perfect; it might not be risk free( it might not even be a success.

Do we take a chance, trust a fellow fan with a plan, with contacts, with potential investors - who, shock horror, may want a return? Nah, let's look for what could go wrong and pull it to pieces before it can even get off the ground.

Not the right man? Who is?

Who is going to take on the club with all of its debt and on-going issues? I would have thought that Seneca would be our best gateway to potential investors. This is not a charity organisation, it has to be viable or we end up, well, where we are now.

Seriously folks, who exactly is the right son-in-law for our beautiful first-born club? There will not be another Jack Walker. The Walker Trust will not ride back into town guilt-laden and ready to right wrongs. Do we really want somebody carefully chosen by Venkys? There is a reason Venkys want a foreign buyer to sell to: money. Or at least the dream that there could be a rich idiot with money. The problem is we aren't a badge of honour for a rich idiot. Even in the PL we wouldn't fill a big stadium like a city club. We don't have a wide enough catchment area. Venkys were thought by some to be a good fit because they might appeal to a different demographic but they haven't even done that. In any case, after what we've seen, does anybody really think that they want to watch somebody else make a success out of their failure? The shame that they weren't up to it and somebody else might be! Like the woman in front of King Solomon, they would rather the baby was cut in half than given to the rightful mother and looked after.

Do we really think that Ian Battersby hasn't thought about investors would want out if this venture? He must have - if he hadn't that would make him incompetent and a failed businessman. Yet having done so, he is still interested. Unless of course he inherited his business from his father and it runs itself.

It's one thing questioning the motives of an outsider with no connection to the club. Are we really going to start being picky about a known quantity, a fan who cares about Blackburn Rovers?

For me this smells like the prelude to warring groups fighting each other to be the 'best option' for the club rather than working together to save it. We've have seen it already with fan groups who can't agree a way forward to advertise our problems to the wider world. Just imaging when the badge of "owner of Blackburn Rovers" is at stake.

Absolutely nailed it there mate.

I didn't really understand why people were in a rush to try and discredit him or Seneca. Its not Seneca that are buying the Club is it? They are trying to work with potential investors who would have enough muscle financially to see this through. Course they aren't going to be taking on the venkys debt- that would be insane. Surely we have to trust that an outfit like Seneca know what they are doing. I've heard him say before that they have had opportunities to buy other Clubs but not interested because Rovers is the Club Currie/battersby love and that's why they are so keen to help. I heard in a previous interview they don't really want to own a football club but nor do they want the club they love to disappear. There was a piece in this programme that virtually said that- he said something along the lines of preserving the heritage and getting the Club back in the community where it belongs or similar. 

I don't imagine they will be sat at Ewood every day running the Club. They will bring experienced football people in as part of the plan and if I was investing I think I would want that too.

This stuff about some link with SEM /tantric I just don't buy either. No way on gods earth Seneca will be involved with those shysters and other than maybe using Tantric to get them a meeting with Venkys 6 or 7 years ago there is no trace of any link anywhere and god knows we have had enough people digging around. I am also told that Battersby attends every home game in the Premier  Suite and has done for donkeys years so hardly lurking in the shadows. Currie and his family apparently have a box at the Blackburn End and attend all the games . In my mind these lot are proper Rovers fans not part of the Tantric/SEM/Kentaro brigade .

I have listened to this 3 times now and there is a lot in there that answers a lot of the points made in this thread. It is well worth listening to more than once to get the detail.

I have just posted in another topic about whether they should be invited to one of the fans meetings so we know a bit more about them .May not happen for many reasons but why not try? 

21 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

How can Andy Bayes cover anything up? He is a reporter/Journalist for them. Not the editor or in charge of BBC Radio Lancs either

Chaddy just check the mins certain parts were taken out from the supporters meeting & Andy would have been well aware of this fact 

They'd have to find a way of servicing it whilst running what was left of the club in the correct manner or go out and find a billionaire buyer. Stranger things have happened but if some rich business men did take over then upon giving up the club you'd think Venkys would have written it off in doing so.

They haven't a hope in hell of getting even a fraction of it back their stark choice now is kep increasing it or bust the club there is zero alternative.

Archived