BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bayes, Seneca and Nixon interview

Just now, phili said:

Yep but they had gone through administration and cleared a lot of debt.

We haven't gone through administration and still have to pay former players contracts out which are still part of the 60% wage budget calculation from what I can see. Venky's have to put £10m in just to cover those former player contracts and give us a net 0 wage budget from what I can gather.

Don't think they went into admin tbh, just sold niddlebrook park offices to Emerson group, Euston ground to whelans jersey company

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Oh I see, thanks.

I guess it will just be added to the overall debt and increase our yearly losses. No ultimatums or anything.

It can't just be added to overall debt unless someone allows it to via more loans, capital injection or overdraft.

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

More Brockhall houses and training facilities?

Apparently Brockholes protected, can't be used for houses, but can be used for leisure facilities, hence the Virgin active/David Lloyd health club rumours. 

Bolton sold off some of their car parks and training ground under previous ownership, when Eddie Davies had turned off the money tap completely and they needed to raise quick cash to pay the bills.

Those things weren't sold to pay the bills this season. They were last season when the club was in Court over unpaid tax.

I'm fairly sure they haven't sold any property since Anderson and Houldsworth took control.

Selling Zac Clough was fair enough. The money was too good to turn down for a kid and the offer came from a higher division. I don't think anyone can really argue with that, I wish we'd done the same rather than selling all our players to league rivals. It had the added benefit of keeping the bills paid.

As I say, Bolton are still in a mess financially, but since Anderson and Houldsworth took over they've managed to keep things ticking over whilst securing immediate promotion despite a massive wage bill and big losses.

Just now, phili said:

• Backroom
13 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

does anyone think for one minute Cheston actually has the conviction to tell the owners the true picture? Ibdont

I bet Cheston hasn't exchanged a single word with the owners since Pasha arrived. The question is whether Pasha has had the guts to explain exactly what's happening to the owners... the answer is probably not. 

Just now, DE. said:

I bet Cheston hasn't exchanged a single word with the owners since Pasha arrived. The question is whether Pasha has had the guts to explain exactly what's happening to the owners... the answer is probably not. 

Mr Pasha confirmed even by Nixon last night is the main man on the ground at Ewood, so he is the shadow managing director. Why won't the FA confirm to me if he has provided his relevant persons paperwork?

Well I think we know the answer... con job.

What is Pasha's job?

Mike Cheston mumbled something along the lines of 'management consultant' yet he isn't listed on any club material as being an employee whilst on Who's Who section on the website people like Rob Gill and Sharon Metcalf are named, but no mention of Pasha. Surely if the ticketing manager is worthy of a mention then the 'management consultant' should be?

Surely if everything is above board and transparent he should be named as Cheston has confirmed he is in a position of substantial influence at the club and is the only man able to speak to the owners?

Anyone remember last summer when Cheston proudly announced on the club website that a new vacancy was being created to improve communications with India and inviting candidates to apply? Not only was this recruitment process clearly flawed, as it contained requirements such as fluency in Marathi, it was clearly aimed at one specific individual to enable him to get on the payroll. I would love to know how many people Cheston interviewed for that position.

This vacancy was not for a 'management consultant', which is the job Pasha now appears to occupy. There was never any mention of that term in the advertisement.

So is he doing the job that was advertised last summer? Or was that all just a cheap PR stunt?

Just now, tomphil said:

Harrods hampers and God knows what else for FA big wigs oh and the small matter on Mr Many names connection to the FAs former partners. 

Kentaro ex employees spoke to a fan on this board and confirmed "just suhail" used to be a regular in there office before the takeover as JEROME used to take him to football matches.

37 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

That wasn't the point.

But if you think it was then you need to 'put your pathetic excuses aside, take your finger out of your arse and join the fight' as Neal so charmingly suggests.

Which shows what you know as I've been on all the protests I possibly could.

31 minutes ago, Biz said:

Boycotting and protesting worked also didn't it.!!

I mean, Venkys are a distant memory, we are in the premier league and just re-signed Hughes as manager. Thank god we put those chickens on the pitch when we did! 

Well with regards to protesting and boycotting en masse, we will never know. We had big crowds for the first seasons Venkys were in charge and all the fans got in return was relegation, so I'd comfortably say that the just 'support the team' stance got put to bed all those years ago. Regardless if there was 20+ thousand at Ewood, they would have still appointed Kean, Coil, Cheston, they would have still not invested, they would have still neglected the club in the way they have done because these people are bad, disgusting, vile people with no regard for any single fan or the surrounding area.

With regards to boycotting... Considering they have mortgaged future ST revenue, doesn't that give absolute substance to the fact that boycotting WILL in fact meaningfully hurt them in this instance?

49 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

That wasn't the point.

But if you think it was then you need to 'put your pathetic excuses aside, take your finger out of your arse and join the fight' as Neal so charmingly suggests.

You crack me up mate, I'm not sure what planet you're on but I certainly don't have to be charming (least of all to you) and I certainly don't have to behave like a politician because this is a @#/? messageboard for football fans... silly.

Just now, Neal said:

Well with regards to protesting and boycotting en masse, we will never know. We had big crowds for the first seasons Venkys were in charge and all the fans got in return was relegation, so I'd comfortably say that the just 'support the team' stance got put to bed all those years ago. Regardless if there was 20+ thousand at Ewood, they would have still appointed Kean, Coil, Cheston, they would have still not invested, they would have still neglected the club in the way they have done because these people are bad, disgusting, vile people with no regard for any single fan or the surrounding area.

With regards to boycotting... Considering they have mortgaged future ST revenue, doesn't that give absolute substance to the fact that boycotting WILL in fact meaningfully hurt them in this instance?

Maybe people not buying season tickets, will mean they default on the loan. This would lead to their ability to obtain future credit would be reduced or none existent. That would in turn lead to them either outing money from their own resources in, or going into administration. Certain posters are suggesting that they won't let administration, so she will all stick together  and test them?

Just now, JHRover said:

What is Pasha's job?

Mike Cheston mumbled something along the lines of 'management consultant' yet he isn't listed on any club material as being an employee whilst on Who's Who section on the website people like Rob Gill and Sharon Metcalf are named, but no mention of Pasha. Surely if the ticketing manager is worthy of a mention then the 'management consultant' should be?

Surely if everything is above board and transparent he should be named as Cheston has confirmed he is in a position of substantial influence at the club and is the only man able to speak to the owners?

Anyone remember last summer when Cheston proudly announced on the club website that a new vacancy was being created to improve communications with India and inviting candidates to apply? Not only was this recruitment process clearly flawed, as it contained requirements such as fluency in Marathi, it was clearly aimed at one specific individual to enable him to get on the payroll. I would love to know how many people Cheston interviewed for that position.

This vacancy was not for a 'management consultant', which is the job Pasha now appears to occupy. There was never any mention of that term in the advertisement.

So is he doing the job that was advertised last summer? Or was that all just a cheap PR stunt?

I believe he is an employee of both Rovers and Venkys.  I was told that as well as dealing with the Rovers that he is sent to different parts of the world where Venkys have businesses to oversee operations when instructed by Mrs Desai.   

3 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

The best signing what could be made is to lure Jonathan Jackson from Wigan as the new managing director of this football club and fire off Suhail and Cheston giving Jackson complete and autonomous control.

Really?

What makes you think that the Wigan accountant is so well suited for the CEO job at mighty Rovers?

He is not exactly that highly regarded where he is, under a kind benefactor.

Some recent Wigan fan views on Jackson and his connection with fans:

http://www.wigan.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=32976&start=1

Just now, JHRover said:

What is Pasha's job?

Ask him how many he interviewed for the position, as he will have to answer, if you do it under the freedom of information act.

I think I will stop the Spanish lessons with immediate effect and start lessons in Marathi.

19 hours ago, JHRover said:

As usual Battersby came across extremely well. He essentially confirmed that him and his team would desperately like to do something to help this club and won't give up trying, but until he can look at the books nobody really knows the true state of the accounts. Nevertheless he sounds like a very intelligent man who has a plan of action. If only he was given the opportunity to put it into place...

Nixon tried to kibosh takeover talk by talking about the huge investment needed to just get through the initial few months and lack of people interested the last time round, yet that didn't appear to deter Battersby who has clearly thought things through and has things planned with backers in place.

If nothing else it shows there are alternatives out there. It doesn't have to be Venkys or bust.

I'm going to surprise everyone & stick up for Nicko here listening to him I think he was covering all bases & he is spot on when he says whoever takes it on will need to put a lot of capital in to turn it round. However I see where you are coming from Nicko does sound like someone who has had his nose put out of place as how would he know if there are people interested but it is a positive it doesn't have to be Venkys or bust

19 hours ago, J*B said:

I've said it before, I'll say it again. The sooner this football club is in admin the sooner the future looks good. The two local, successful businesses people I mentioned yesterday are happy to be involved as part of a Seneca led consortium - or to take it out of admin themselves alone. They have enough money sat in the bank to do either. The two Ian's I would assume will be are aware of them and it wouldn't surprise me if they where part of the 60m investment for 51% bid last year. I believe these people are the people Nixon is alluding too as it's got substance.

The third group I mentioned is a real dying minute 'go on then, we will take it to make sure it doesn't go under' - they don't really want a football club, but they will not let it just disappear, for the towns sake rather than themselves. Put it this way, there isn't another football club in the world they would invest in. Unlike a consortium bid, they have enough money themselves (as in, won't require additional funding) to just buy it and not be hampered financially. That's been passed on by a well respected journalist rather than the two above which is direct. 

My only concern is this 10m needed before the start of the season - which is the real breaking point. If this isn't raised, it is admin and Venkys then have no choice in the matter. Will the spare land at brockhall be sold to try and fill the gap, or will it be the final stone that breaks the camels back? I personally believe they will try and find the 10m by selling land - which is horrifying and if we get any wind of it, Ribble Valley council and local MPs need hounding. That really is destroying the Jack Walker legacy. 

Josh isn't Brockhall covered with a community ACV?

18 hours ago, J*B said:

Seneca work with seriously rich people all around the world on a day to day basis. Finding money is what they do, they are an investment firm. They can raise tens of millions with relative ease. The only problem is Venky's seem to think they should be paid for the club after the mess they have made.

Josh if that's truefully they must be even dafter than the chickens they slaughter but sums up their tenure perfectly rewarding failure with a parish! 

18 hours ago, J*B said:

The best way to force their hand is by making their shareholders aware they can walk away from this money pit without having to spend another penny. Only with shareholders kicking off a fuss will they be forced into anything. 

It would seem that way Josh. 

18 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Battersby and Nixon dismissed the thoery of administration and Venkys putting us into it cos it has no benefits to them and wages still have to be paid. 

Venkys do need to sell the club. 

Also like the bit about Whether Pasha has told the owners about the drop of money income. 

Battersby and Currie buying the club would be the best option. But any sale required Venkys to want to sell us. 

That's interesting it seems Pasha will be on the naughty step for a while. Can anyone confirm does this Pasha have a work permit & what's the story behind Suhail Shaikh?

18 hours ago, arbitro said:

Whilst it was comforting to hear what Ian was saying it really means nothing whilst the Indians won't even engage anybody in sensible dialogue. There is no doubt in my mind that Seneca and partners would be a huge step forward but without the Indians at the table to talk we have no hope of this nightmare ending. Nixon infuriated me as he was talking over Ian on several occasions and offered nothing to the debate.

That's being a bit unfair to Nicko here did add that whoever takes over will need deep pockets to sort the mess out & he did seem to know a lot about League 1 & how the Trotters got out of League 1 at the first attempt. But he did infuriated speaking over Ian B

Just now, Parsonblue said:

I believe he is an employee of both Rovers and Venkys.  I was told that as well as dealing with the Rovers that he is sent to different parts of the world where Venkys have businesses to oversee operations when instructed by Mrs Desai.   

This also raises further questions. The job advertised last summer by Cheston was a full time position solely aimed at improving the running of BRFC. So if he's combining this job with a variety of other Venky activities around the world then this doesn't fit the requirements advertised.

What sort of salary is he receiving from BRFC for what amounts to a part time messenger job? Is he going to be at risk of redundancy like many others at the club will be this summer?

Regardless of these questions if he is on the club payroll and occupies a position of influence at the club (some would say he's actually the most powerful individual involved with the club) then why isn't he mentioned in any shape or form by the club?

What are they hiding? I'm not expecting him to give interviews or speak in public, but I certainly find it suspicious and worrying that they are seemingly going to great lengths to hide this man whilst he in effect runs the club and that the club has been less then transparent as to his position, power and responsibilities.

13 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

He was a bit direct, but in the last seven years, we've been relegated twice, loaded with debt, been the laughing stock of football and rival fans for the last seven years, had the playing squad continuously downgraded and the infrastructure is at threat as we've a big financial black hole to plug, even if you momentarily forget the debt.

It simply cannot continue and we need to make every effort to make sure that the current status quo doesn't. I'm sick to death of feeling like crap with all things Rovers, when it's a massive part of my life, identity and so important to so many in the local area.

I think some people need to get involved with helping to save the club and not criticizing those that do. Even if you don't like the way they're going about things, at least he's trying to bring about change. I find it incredible that people say that want Venky's out, but they won't get involved with any efforts to make that happen.

The last line is just having your cake and eating it if you ask me.....

I agree with most of that, most Rovers fans I know do, but the rub is that very few actually protest but hate Venky's with a passion. That's just a fact, and it's nowt to do with cakes! Some can't get there, some don't like being part of organised protests, some don't have the time, some don't feel confident enough that they have anything to offer (me) to go along to the WMC and volunteer to help. Some feel the protests make absolutely no difference in their present form. The biggest protest recently was the one inside the ground (1875) which should tell you something. People will join in when they are there, or will make the effort when there is something organised inside the ground, but apart from that most people don't want to know. Hardcore protestors are rare. How many have Rovers got? Blackburn isn't full of insurrectionists! Even the people cheering on the likes of Neal do frig all themselves.:rolleyes:

For those reasons I take umbrage at 'super-protestors' (I don't actually mean that but you get the point) having at pop and telling others to stop with their 'pathetic excuses'. Frig off (not you!). I'll do what I want with my time out of work. And while you're at it come up with some better protests than the 'pathetic excuses' for the ones you've done so far. Again, I don't mean that but you get the point.

From now on I'll be doing my own version of 'saving the club' by buying a season-ticket because that's one of the few revenue streams that club will have next season. I also think that NAPM is bullshit.  I do mean it this time. What is right for Blackpool isn't necessarily right for Rovers. Get in the ground and protest every single home game. It's not like your money is going to India anyway. It's going on the players you watch.  It's going on the wages of the people who work there. Get everyone together who is willing to protest and sit together. Bring banners, bring whistles, bring tennis balls bring the kitchen friggin sink. Take up whole blocks. Take up blocks near the directors boxes. So frigging what if a few people grumble. Man the frig up. Sit in the Directors boxes with Venky masks. Get on TV. Get your protest heard. Get PM'ing people on here and arrange where to sit. TAKE THE FRIGGING GROUND BACK AT LEAST. REMIND THE VENKY'S AND THE FA WHO's GROUND IT IS! I'll come and join you and I'm sure a lot more will who haven't joined in the protests. Hell, you might even get pantomine villains/anti-christs Chaddy and Parson joining in with the chants. I'm sure they are as gutted as the rest of us at what is happening to our club. Make the protests positive, make them colourful. Take the @#/?. Tell Venky's and the FA to frig off and do it home and away.

Get all the boycotters and get them all back in the ground. We aren't Blackpool. We are Rovers, and Ewood is our home. Lets fill the home of football with 'Venky's Out';)

No excuses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gents can I kindly ask that someone tracks the job advert down and sends me it across for the files, this might nail down along with last nights clip that Suhail is here in a capacity as a shadow director. Something both Cheston and Senior laughed at in the consultation meeting in March when Andy asked the question.

Just now, JHRover said:

This also raises further questions. The job advertised last summer by Cheston was a full time position solely aimed at improving the running of BRFC. So if he's combining this job with a variety of other Venky activities around the world then this doesn't fit the requirements advertised.

What sort of salary is he receiving from BRFC for what amounts to a part time messenger job? Is he going to be at risk of redundancy like many others at the club will be this summer?

Regardless of these questions if he is on the club payroll and occupies a position of influence at the club (some would say he's actually the most powerful individual involved with the club) then why isn't he mentioned in any shape or form by the club?

What are they hiding? I'm not expecting him to give interviews or speak in public, but I certainly find it suspicious and worrying that they are seemingly going to great lengths to hide this man whilst he in effect runs the club and that the club has been less then transparent as to his position, power and responsibilities.

I was told he was their global troubleshooter and goes wherever he is sent.  Although he is an employee I believe that he is the one who they trust most.  Apparently he is very popular at the club and several people have told me they like him as he is a quiet, unassuming type of guy.

14 minutes ago, Neal said:

No, it just means there will be more debt piled on the club and the team on the pitch will be even worse.

Archived