BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bayes, Seneca and Nixon interview

Just now, Brownpants18 said:

There is no possibility of anyone putting a financial plan or buyout together without seeing the books. The ball in firmly in Venkies court. This is the biggest worry which Nixon eluded to.

If your serious about making an offer, have proof of funds eligible then the seller if they agree normally allows this to be done for a minute deposit but it goes back to the Venkys, they aint going to pick up the phone to Ian so what's happening from his end if he is indeed serious.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Gav said:

He's an agenda driven hack Dunn,  talked up Coyle due to his links to the useless twot, you should know better. 

Harsh. Are you seeing things through past agendas? :P

I hate Coyle more than most, but you've got to understand the murky business Alan is in.

Judge him on his responses tonight. Very stark and clear (unlike much of the usual tittle tattle).

Just now, A cup of beans said:

Respectfully,  I must disagree with your points about Alan Nixon.

Found very few points to pull him up on.

He spelt things out and added knowledge and perspective. Judging him on tonight's show, I can't see much reason to criticise him for his contribution. 

I agree with you on Nixon on tonights show.

The upside was Nixon admitting that Coyle cocked up on Stokes.

I was disappointed when Ian Battersby did not acknowledge that the caller from Morcambe was correct about away followings at Ewood in L1.

The rest of the show confirmed that we are screwed unless the Raos behave out of character.

If TM was listening I expect the ink is now dry on his resignation letter.

Harsh. Are you seeing things through past agendas? :P

I hate Coyle more than most, but you've got to understand the murky business Alan is in.

Judge him on his responses tonight. Very stark and clear (unlike much of the usual tittle tattle).

He will have allegiances and ties to certain of the aforementioned parties and others in which people will allude too. BUT they gave him the goss and he in turn produces the articles and pays his mortgage etc. 

Bang on and scathing of the venkys, pasha and cheston tonight.

I'm not sure the 2 Ians would want another partner in a consortium, I don't think they'd like the dilation of power. 

However, if what we are hearing is that there are people who may be interested, it's really now a case of IF there is anything the fans can do to push this. Im not sure Venkys respond to any kind of media at all, but then again we don't know that they don't. 

Just now, Baz said:

I'm not sure the 2 Ians would want another partner in a consortium, I don't think they'd like the dilation of power. 

However, if what we are hearing is that there are people who may be interested, it's really now a case of IF there is anything the fans can do to push this. Im not sure Venkys respond to any kind of media at all, but then again we don't know that they don't. 

This is the sort of positivity and push we need now. 

We need to let Venkys know that they have a buyer. They must be hating owning Rovers by now. 

This is the direction I feel will best work in order to get Venkys out.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

He will have allegiances and ties to certain of the aforementioned parties in which people will allude too. BUT they gave him the goss and he in turn produces the articles and pays his mortgage etc. 

Bang on and scathing of the venkys, pasha and cheston tonight.

Alan used to be very well connected with the club, for decades. It should be more than obvious that all changed when The Raos rocked up. It appeared his club sources disappeared rapidly, and he found it hard to get any real truth and exclusivity.

Didn't help himself at times.

Rovers fans needed his truth and insight and he certainly couldn't deliver what was craved.

I'm not an apologist and he doesn't need me to speak up for him. I will declare I've spoken to him on a few occasions - though not for a couple of years and always found him open and respectful.

I speak as I find. Criticism when merited. Credit where it is due. 

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

I agree with you on Nixon on tonights show.

The upside was Nixon admitting that Coyle cocked up on Stokes.

I was disappointed when Ian Battersby did not acknowledge that the caller from Morcambe was correct about away followings at Ewood in L1.

The rest of the show confirmed that we are screwed unless the Raos behave out of character.

If TM was listening I expect the ink is now dry on his resignation letter.

What was that?

Just now, Dunnfc said:

If your serious about making an offer, have proof of funds eligible then the seller if they agree normally allows this to be done for a minute deposit but it goes back to the Venkys, they aint going to pick up the phone to Ian so what's happening from his end if he is indeed serious.

And you think Venkys are going to answer the phone to Ian Battersby?

hasn't Battersby been trying to get in contact with Venkys for years and they just ignored it as per usual

Venkys wont engage with most people. Look at Battersby's comments about how tough it is to get into Venkys HQ;s

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

And you think Venkys are going to answer the phone to Ian Battersby?

hasn't Battersby been trying to get in contact with Venkys for years and they just ignored it as per usual

Venkys wont engage with most people. Look at Battersby's comments about how tough it is to get into Venkys HQ;s

So as i've said go through there legal rep.

Dunn FC-----you seem to be ignoring the fact that the 2 Ians are Rovers fans.

That's why I trust them where I wouldn't normally want to rely on hedge funds owners.

They have the money because they have the contacts. If it weren't Rovers they wouldn't touch it I'd guess.

All depends on Venkys seeing sense and I do worry that if £10M has to be found immediately, Venkys will look at selling land at Brockhall and players and sacking staff.

Just now, 47er said:

That's why I trust them where I wouldn't normally want to rely on hedge funds owners.

They have the money because they have the contacts. If it weren't Rovers they wouldn't touch it I'd guess.

All depends on Venkys seeing sense and I do worry that if £10M has to be found immediately, Venkys will look at selling land at Brockhall and players and sacking staff.

I got the feeling listening to Ian that there will need to  be massive job cuts at Ewood whoever takes charge. If I worked there I'd be looking for a new job tomorrow.

Just now, 47er said:

Cost cutting announced pre relegation. Now it will be much more draconian. Players and staff culled for sure.

Nixon made a good point in that he doubted Suhail has yet told the Raos about the massive reduction in TV income in L1.

Surely they must have a tipping point when enough is enough.

Just now, Stuart said:

What was that?

Ian B said we would probably get away crowds at Ewood over the season totalling 7,000 the same as Villa brought on their own.

The guy from Morcambe said Pompey will bring 2k Doncaster 1k and someone else 1k plus others so saying IB was way out in his estimation. He also said we will not be the L1 big club and that Pompey are. Maybe thats why Ian B ignored it.

Ian B said we would probably get away crowds at Ewood over the season totalling 7,000 the same as Villa brought on their own.

The guy from Morcambe said Pompey will bring 2k Doncaster 1k and someone else 1k plus others so saying IB was way out in his estimation. He also said we will not be the L1 big club and that Pompey are. Maybe thats why Ian B ignored it.

I actually laughed.... compare Portsmouth's prestige to ours. 

Catchment area.... f all else.

Pompey bigger than us?! They brought less than 500 to Ewood during the PL days

I actually laughed.... compare Portsmouth's prestige to ours. 

Catchment area.... f all else.

Based on catchment area Pompey should get 50k++ home fans in for a midweek game of netball.

Trouble is their ground is a sh-ithole that can only accomodate the population of a large village

His point was still valid on away followings even if the numbers were slightly out.

Think how much money we take from giving Leeds, Villa, Newcastle, Wednesday etc.. the whole Darwen end at £35 a pop.

Whether it totals 7000 or 10000 next season, it will still be hugely reduced from the last 5 years.

I think lots of away fans will visit Ewood thinking it may be their only chance to visit the home of the mighty Rovers.

Cheston's ledger will benefit due to the ignorance of our real plight.

Or they know it and that we are headed to L2.....

Just now, Hasta said:

His point was still valid on away followings even if the numbers were slightly out.

Think how much money we take from giving Leeds, Villa, Newcastle, Wednesday etc.. the whole Darwen end at £35 a pop.

Whether it totals 7000 or 10000 next season, it will still be hugely reduced from the last 5 years.

Ok I totally agree with the principle Ian B was making he had no real need to use a number.

The lunes will just instruct Pasha to instruct Cheston to scrape together the 10 mill needed by any means possible that's why there'll be no plan whatsoever playing staff wise just get what you can for who you can and whatever is left plus a few extra youth is our squad.

Archived