BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bayes, Seneca and Nixon interview

Just now, JHRover said:

This also raises further questions. The job advertised last summer by Cheston was a full time position solely aimed at improving the running of BRFC. So if he's combining this job with a variety of other Venky activities around the world then this doesn't fit the requirements advertised.

What sort of salary is he receiving from BRFC for what amounts to a part time messenger job? Is he going to be at risk of redundancy like many others at the club will be this summer?

Regardless of these questions if he is on the club payroll and occupies a position of influence at the club (some would say he's actually the most powerful individual involved with the club) then why isn't he mentioned in any shape or form by the club?

What are they hiding? I'm not expecting him to give interviews or speak in public, but I certainly find it suspicious and worrying that they are seemingly going to great lengths to hide this man whilst he in effect runs the club and that the club has been less then transparent as to his position, power and responsibilities.

I think the covert Tony Mowbray telephone call, tells you ate one point who the most influential person at Ewood is. Although some people doubt the authenticity of this call, it was genuine.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Parsonblue said:

I was told he was their global troubleshooter and goes wherever he is sent.  Although he is an employee I believe that he is the one who they trust most.  Apparently he is very popular at the club and several people have told me they like him as he is a quiet, unassuming type of guy.

Theme the ones to watch see all hear all but say nowt, silent but deadly is our Slasha. Problem is does he remain silent at the other end as well in fear of a thrashing ?  

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

No, it just means there will be more debt piled on the club and the team on the pitch will be even worse.

You're worlds apart from my mindset that I can't even begin to respond... I'm not sure what it would accomplish even if I did.

24 minutes ago, Neal said:

With regards to boycotting... Considering they have mortgaged future ST revenue, doesn't that give absolute substance to the fact that boycotting WILL in fact meaningfully hurt them in this instance?

Depends which way you look at it. The debts building up are being borrowed against the club right? Factor that in, it's easy to say that a lower revenue = more loans against the club, thus more problems down the line.

No fan is responsible for this scenario. Some actions may have a more tangible impact than others, but nothing has made enough of a difference to change our course.

In hindsight, do I think protests could've worked with more people and/or a different message? I'm not really sure but either way it's pointless thinking about what we could've done!

But they stopped issuing large chunks of share capital two years ago when we were averaging about 14 k ??????

Also on relegation they were about 15 million up on player sales income v re investment and we were averaging 20 k plus ????

It's all down to them gumboots is correct if there was thousands more turning up we'd still be following the same path. Crowds would naturally still fall as a result. Yes nobody boycotting would mean a few more stewards, kiosk, match day staff etc would keep their jobs but the rest of it on the football & officials side would be exactly the same, then guess what crowds would fall further and here we 'd be.

Let it sink in then move on !

Just now, Neal said:

You're worlds apart from my mindset that I can't even begin to respond... I'm not sure what it would accomplish even if I did.

Thought not. Quick with the insults but a bit slow with reasoned argument. You're not a politician though so crack on lad.

Just now, Parsonblue said:

I was told he was their global troubleshooter and goes wherever he is sent.  Although he is an employee I believe that he is the one who they trust most.  Apparently he is very popular at the club and several people have told me they like him as he is a quiet, unassuming type of guy.

We had a Global Advisor so now a Global troubleshooter. God help us please.

He's on Rovers payroll but goes iron-barring wherever in the world the Raos have a problem.

Be very very wary of a silent assassin.

The local one is 'a thousand smiles' ..... quite a few of those smiles involve putting the knife in.

Thought not. Quick with the insults but a bit slow with reasoned argument. You're not a politician though so crack on lad.

I'd say it's a fairly reasonable response to be honest lad... What would it accomplish even if I did? You still care about the results and what team we put out, I see the bigger picture and know that it's a total insignificance whilst they own the club because I know as a FACT that whilst Venkys are here things will only get worse... The fact that I've witnessed 2 relegations, the sacking of decent manager, the accumulation of massive debt and thus putting our academy into serious doubt... If boycotting gives that lot more difficulties 'running' the club then I only see that as a positive thing... I want to give them as many reasons to @#/? off as possible. You see it the polar opposite way, which is why I originally chose not to respond.

As far as a reasoned argument goes...  "You're not a politician though so crack on lad."... You've been good value silly bullux.

Just now, lraC said:

I think the covert Tony Mowbray telephone call, tells you ate one point who the most influential person at Ewood is. Although some people doubt the authenticity of this call, it was genuine.

That call from a polite, courteous nay downright ass licking 'Tony' probably the reason the real TM stayed and Plasticman got binned.

Nobody at Ewood would have the balls to tell Bling that he had been made to look just a bit silly.

It goes down as a Golden Moment.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

That call from a polite, courteous nay downright ass licking 'Tony' probably the reason the real TM stayed and Plasticman got binned.

Nobody at Ewood would have the balls to tell Bling that he had been made to look just a bit silly.

It goes down as a Golden Moment.

Quite, and that made me chuckle.

Results are never an insignificance. Our relegation and the job cuts to come prove that. You see the opposite of the 'bigger picture'.

blueboy, you now seem to be the sites biggest cheerleader, rallying the regulars to get down to Ewood and buy tickets, support the lads, what other option do we have etc and nowt wrong with that by the way.

Why the sudden change of heart?

Results are never an insignificance. Our relegation and the job cuts to come prove that. You see the opposite of the 'bigger picture'.

Job cuts are obviously significant that goes without saying but our relegation was inevitable under Venkys and many of us knew that when you step away from 90 mins of football and look at the bigger picture... That will apply next season when we're in league 1. What's your point here anyway? You're happy to just keep going game after game, hoping the worst owners in the history of the game who obviously dislike you and blatantly disregard you, all of a sudden give a @#/?, invest loads of money and get us back into the prem? You're happy to do that without standing up for those people losing their jobs? Without standing up for the club and it's history? On seconds thoughts... If you could spare me the response I'd much appreciate it, we're hardly going to invite each other for tea.

Just now, Gav said:

blueboy, you now seem to be the sites biggest cheerleader, rallying the regulars to get down to Ewood and buy tickets, support the lads, what other option do we have etc and nowt wrong with that by the way.

Why the sudden change of heart?

A few months ago I was just naffed off with Coyle. I couldn't bear seeing him on the touchline so I stopped going. He was a fraud.

I'm no cheerleader but now more than ever we need fans to get behind the lads FFS!! It  matters what league we are in (especially when they go) and without some income we are heading for League 2 and we'll have Dunn as manager. I actually thought the Venky's would do one once we went down. That statement from them was a kick in the teeth.  

So, I've 'boycotted' and I've attended and out of the two I think people's voices need to be heard in the ground. I love the ground to be filled with the passionate fans that have stopped going and that make some noise. Support the team + protest against the owners every match day is what I believe is best. As far as the future of the club goes I don't think NAPM has any merit.

BTW I don't work for the club and have no vested interest. I was asked that by someone on here recently so I thought I'd clear that up.

Just now, Neal said:

step away from 90 mins of football and look at the bigger picture... That will apply next season when we're in league 1.

You're happy to just keep going game after game, hoping the worst owners in the history of the game who obviously dislike you and blatantly disregard you, all of a sudden give a @#/?, invest loads of money and get us back into the prem? You're happy to do that without standing up for those people losing their jobs? Without standing up for the club and it's history? 

Why does keeping attending and "giving thumbs to Venkys" seem to go hand in hand?

I, and plenty others who wish to continue attending without expecting or "hoping" for anything different from the owners, whilst being alive and aware to the "bigger picture".

Im not interested in getting into any personal arguments at all, I'm just pointing out that there will be plenty in the ground who are conscious of what is going on. Some with the opinion that the best thing they can do to support the club is attending, be it through the "thick and thin" mentality others more conscious of the job losses and/or revenue streams.

A few months ago I was just naffed off with Coyle. I couldn't bear seeing him on the touchline so I stopped going. He was a fraud.

I'm no cheerleader but now more than ever we need fans to get behind the lads FFS!! It  matters what league we are in (especially when they go) and without some income we are heading for League 2 and we'll have Dunn as manager. I actually thought the Venky's would do one once we went down. That statement from them was a kick in the teeth.  

So, I've 'boycotted' and I've attended and out of the two I think people's voices need to be heard in the ground. I love the ground to be filled with the passionate fans that have stopped going and that make some noise. Support the team + protest against the owners every match day is what I believe is best. As far as the future of the club goes I don't think NAPM has any merit.

BTW I don't work for the club and have no vested interest. I was asked that by someone on here recently so I thought I'd clear that up.

Most boycotting fans hatred runs deeper I'd wager, mine certainly does, but its not a competition and everyones free to make their own choices of course.

Fair play to you.

Just now, Biz said:

Why does keeping attending and "giving thumbs to Venkys" seem to go hand in hand?

I, and plenty others who wish to continue attending without expecting or "hoping" for anything different from the owners, whilst being alive and aware to the "bigger picture".

Im not interested in getting into any personal arguments at all, I'm just pointing out that there will be plenty in the ground who are conscious of what is going on. Some with the opinion that the best thing they can do to support the club is attending, be it through the "thick and thin" mentality others more conscious of the job losses and/or revenue streams.

I suppose my words are aimed towards those attending but not willing to take any course of action to TRY and fight for the club, there are plenty of fans who I know who still go but do loads to fight for the club and naturally I can understand why people still want to go and support their team.

Just now, Neal said:

Job cuts are obviously significant that goes without saying but our relegation was inevitable under Venkys and many of us knew that when you step away from 90 mins of football and look at the bigger picture... That will apply next season when we're in league 1. What's your point here anyway? You're happy to just keep going game after game, hoping the worst owners in the history of the game who obviously dislike you and blatantly disregard you, all of a sudden give a @#/?, invest loads of money and get us back into the prem? You're happy to do that without standing up for those people losing their jobs? Without standing up for the club and it's history? On seconds thoughts... If you could spare me the response I'd much appreciate it, we're hardly going to invite each other for tea.

Don't invent things and then ask me not to respond. That's like shouting la-la-la with your fingers in your ears.:)

I'm happy to support the team AND protest against the owners, yes. Just like at many other clubs with bad owners. NAPM is not the only way to protest. At Blackpool they were taking the fans to court and goading them on social media. It's a whole other level of poison over there.  At Rovers it's the same but different. Same shyte owners but ours just don't care and won't put money in. Somebody has to, so I'll do my bit by buying a season ticket, and if enough people do then it may save a few jobs. That's how I'll be 'standing up for the club and it's history'  

If you read the latest missive from the Trust they are quite specific in wanting the fans to support the club (NOT VENKY'S, THE CLUB) They see the bigger picture. Blackburn Rovers is not Blackpool. Not going won't make Venky's leave in my opinion.

Far to much emphasis being put on NAPM, its not about money for me, its about refusing to have my pants taken down and being shafted week in week out by owners that aren't fit to clean my toilet, club officials that are promoted way beyond their abilities and a section of fans that remove their brains for 90 minutes each and every Saturday during the season.

The money never comes into it.

4 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Not discrediting him at all I think the queries raised are reasonably justifiable. I just don't get why you'd get carried away on something people know nothing about?

Quite frankly they are pretty basic the points I've raised.

Dunn, I've never met the guy. However I know people who know him. They swear by him; that he's the real deal, that he would have the best interests of Rovers at heart and that he knows the right people who would have the money. That'll do for me for the time being.

You said you wanted meat on the bones of the bid. That would never ever happen, certainly not at this stage before due diligence and in all likelihood not after that either. 

I'm just pleased that there are people out there prepared to potentially pick up the pieces if / when the brown stuff hits the fan. I can't believe anyone would get involved now for anything other than the right reasons. The only way anyone would make money out of BRFC now is to initially lose money, then in time, somehow get us back in the Premier League. There are no assets left to cash in after all.

Just now, bob fleming said:

Dunn, I've never met the guy. However I know people who know him. They swear by him; that he's the real deal, that he would have the best interests of Rovers at heart and that he knows the right people who would have the money. That'll do for me for the time being.

You said you wanted meat on the bones of the bid. That would never ever happen, certainly not at this stage before due diligence and in all likelihood not after that either. 

I'm just pleased that there are people out there prepared to potentially pick up the pieces if / when the brown stuff hits the fan. I can't believe anyone would get involved now for anything other than the right reasons. The only way anyone would make money out of BRFC now is to initially lose money, then in time, somehow get us back in the Premier League. There are no assets left to cash in after all.

Fair enough. Still, I am glad there are people on here, willing to go against the tide and question such faith, even when it feels like heresy!

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

Fair enough. Still, I am glad there are people on here, willing to go against the tide and question such faith, even when it feels like heresy!

Fair play Len. We can all only call it as we see it.

Don't invent things and then ask me not to respond. That's like shouting la-la-la with your fingers in your ears.:)

I'm happy to support the team AND protest against the owners, yes. Just like at many other clubs with bad owners. NAPM is not the only way to protest. At Blackpool they were taking the fans to court and goading them on social media. It's a whole other level of poison over there.  At Rovers it's the same but different. Same shyte owners but ours just don't care and won't put money in. Somebody has to, so I'll do my bit by buying a season ticket, and if enough people do then it may save a few jobs. That's how I'll be 'standing up for the club and it's history'  

If you read the latest missive from the Trust they are quite specific in wanting the fans to support the club (NOT VENKY'S, THE CLUB) They see the bigger picture. Blackburn Rovers is not Blackpool. Not going won't make Venky's leave in my opinion.

I'd call Suhail Pascha having a selfie in front of the fans united protest 'goading the fans'. Suppose it comes down to a matter of principle, that's exactly what it is for me anyway, as a customer I wont be blamed and lied to. 

I'll concede that if your motive to buy a ticket is to save another's job then that's commendable

Blackburn Rovers is still a massive attraction for any potential buyers. The club itself stands as a high valuable prize.

That might sound odd because of the venkys debt BUT BRFC ? There are people out there who can see a future and there are people out there who have an interest in the club itself and making it work.

The whole situation now puts the onus on venkys to come to the table, they have to take action or they have to take the decision to leave with their massive debts trailing behind them. They have failed big time and continue to attract such ridicule in their own country following the positive media outburst after Sundays results. They have to look at the best business plan and for me they either leave or they involve people who know what they are talking about and that means taking a huge pill of humble pie and swallowing their idiotic pride. There is a way to make this dire situation better BUT it is THEY who have to take the hit NOT the club itself.

The actions must take place now. They must decide on which of the contracted players they keep because for me, not one of the out of contract players (except Mahoney maybe) is worth keeping. There is a huge saving in wages over the next few months with 13 players leaving that must help.

TM must be allowed to get the players he wants in early as we have to hit the ground running. Rovers are already being touted as 7-1 favourites to go up and we will be the biggest scalp, the biggest away following and the big club in a little pond. It is incumbent to start well and that must be the business plan

Someone mentioned Bolton? Well with promotion they are no better off now than they were when last season started, They sold Clough to pay the wage bill and they took loans out to keep the cashflow going through the season. Those bills now are to be repaid and that eats up their extra tv income money before the next ball is kicked. They are heavily in debt STILL.

There is a lesson to be taken from BWFC and that is to get on the pitch matters separated from off field activities. Let TM deal with the on pitch matters and back him 100%. Put a decent senior management team together and they can deal with those matters leaving the playing side alone.

Venkys have to court investment, they have to deal with the business issues and they MUST do it in a professional and competent manner. They do it with their other business models and now have to work out how to run a football club properly.

If nothing begins to happen in the next 14 days then that tells me they are on the way out taking their huge losses with them.

Other than that its now a time to enjoy the summer and I will watch from afar for the next 6 weeks.

I hope by the beginning of July there are positives to be talked about, alternatively there might be no more BRFC as we know it !

Archived