BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rock Against Venkys, 2 September, Napier

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

You do your share of thread derailing, usually by popping on to whine about what's not being discussed. Why don't you go on the LT boards or something with Ewood Spark and the like you'd feel better on there with your Venky love.

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

You do your share of thread derailing, usually by popping on to whine about what's not being discussed. Why don't you go on the LT boards or something with Ewood Spark and the like you'd feel better on there with your Venky love.

:lol:

7 hours ago, JayPeeBee40 said:

At least ur on a venkys thread for a change. Not exactly huge traffic on here you might note.

You are a fool. 99% of the BRFC fan base want Venkys done. I can half understand the reference to it taking over most topics but to try and make out "Venkys out" isn't a popular opinion among Rovers fans is just a downright stupid thing to say. Besides, the reason Venkys out takes over most topics is because it's integral to the club and its goings on.

You've certainly made a name for yourself with your recent posts. First that weird topic you made about our unwashed neighbours and now this. Shameful, really.

ROCK AGAINST VENKYS

Ok, despite the slight irritation of a TV imposed change of date for the Fleetwood match, Rock Against Venky's will go ahead on Saturday 2nd September.

The event will take place at the Sir Charles Napier and is FREE ENTRY.

We have booked 5 great bands and it promises to be a fantastic night and a really great line up. There may be some surprise appearances too.  All welcome to come along for some great music, a few beers and some light relief from the frustrations of following a Venky's owned Rovers for the last 7 years.

Bands will be revealed over the next few days but head over to our facebook page for the for the first announcement - they are an amazing band and we are really lucky to get them - their first hometown show in many years.

https://www.facebook.com/rockagainstvenkys/

Please share the page. An events page will be created once the full line up is announced. It will be a great night. Rock/punk/indie and an awesome covers band

A massive thank you to all the bands who could be doing well paid gigs elsewhere. Also to the Napier for putting the event on. The venue is totally community run by volunteers and they have been right behind the idea from the beginning. Obviously couldn't do this without their help.

The idea for Rock Against Venkys was devised to publicise the appalling ownership of Blackburn Rovers by the Rao family. However, it's not all about football results and we want to emphasise the message that was delivered by Duncan Miller during his election campaign - The people, businesses and community of Blackburn are affected too. Jobs at Ewood have been reduced, local businesses have gone under, the prestige of the town has suffered and possibly reduced it's potential to attract investment from outside sources. A historical sporting institution has been abused by Venkys. Their lack of respect and communication is unforgivable.

But we know that already. We are trying to make more people aware by putting on a great night of music and getting some publicity along the way. 

Protesting in various ways does not suit everyone. Match day routines can be disrupted, protests during a match can unsettle the players as can negative chants. We are hoping that all Rovers fans - boycotters, conscientious objectors, fans who have lost the faith, fans who still attend every game but want Venkys gone - will all be able to come together under one banner and have a great time. 

Even if you have no interest in football or are indifferent, have no anti Venky feelings (!) or just love live music all are welcome. Don't forget - FREE ENTRY

More updates soon.

Cheers

13 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

You are a fool. 99% of the BRFC fan base want Venkys done. I can half understand the reference to it taking over most topics but to try and make out "Venkys out" isn't a popular opinion among Rovers fans is just a downright stupid thing to say. Besides, the reason Venkys out takes over most topics is because it's integral to the club and its goings on.

You've certainly made a name for yourself with your recent posts. First that weird topic you made about our unwashed neighbours and now this. Shameful, really.

21 hours ago, JayPeeBee40 said:

At least ur on a venkys thread for a change. Not exactly huge traffic on here you might note.

I'm in the 1% who actually want the Venkys paymasters out which you could within itself argue that they would also have to leave. Both are intrinsically connected & that's not debatable not with me anyhow.

• K-Hod pinned this topic

LITTERBUG

Litterbug are the second band to be announced for Rock Against Venkys. Litterbug hail from Blackpool and as massive football fans they understand what we are trying to achieve through Rock Against Venkys. - Venkys/Oystons - who needs them?

Bass player Andy Higgins is the secretary of the Football Supporters Federation North West Branch and one of the chief organisers of the Fans United Judgement Day Marches. Guitarist and vocalist Stuart Diggle is a former Fleetwood Town and Accrington Stanley Footballer

Above all though they are a great band - check their new album on bandcamp

https://litterbug.bandcamp.com/

1 hour ago, Crimpshrine said:

LITTERBUG

Litterbug are the second band to be announced for Rock Against Venkys. Litterbug hail from Blackpool and as massive football fans they understand what we are trying to achieve through Rock Against Venkys. - Venkys/Oystons - who needs them?

Bass player Andy Higgins is the secretary of the Football Supporters Federation North West Branch and one of the chief organisers of the Fans United Judgement Day Marches. Guitarist and vocalist Stuart Diggle is a former Fleetwood Town and Accrington Stanley Footballer

Above all though they are a great band - check their new album on bandcamp

https://litterbug.bandcamp.com/

I know Stuart from work years ago. Decent bloke, a fan of the Ramones(used to be lead vocalist in a tribute act). As far as football goes, I think he's a Sunderland fan, used to chat about the game with him daily. Received a nasty leg break at the time I last knew him, which I suspect would have ended his playing days sadly.

Sorry about my earlier posts, I hope it all goes well.

Archived