BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Forget them then. The 3 strikers we already have are good enough if we can improve the supply to them.

The 'Turkish Messi' Erhun Oztumer would be a joy to watch but I think he plays in the same position as Dack. We desperately need a new Chapman as Charlton managed to crowd Dack out of the game on Saturday so we were struggling for inspiration.

On 12/14/2017 at 16:23, RoverCanada said:

As per http://www.worldfootball.net/assists/eng-league-one-2017-2018/

League One + FA Cup + League Cup = Total

Williams 4+1+0=5

Bennett 3+1+0=4

Chapman 3+0+0=3

Dack 2+1+0=3

Graham 2+1+0=3

Antonsson 2+0+0=2

Conway 2+0+0=2

Mulgrew 2+0+0=2

Ward 2+0+0=2

Nyambe 1+0+0=1

Smallwood 1+0+0=1

Downing 0+1+0=1

Samuel 0+1+0=1

Caddis 0+0+1=1

2 assists for Ward!

• Backroom

I wanted us to sign Otzumer in summer (I extensively researched one YouTube video) after he was linked but Dack has been fantastic in that position.

Agree with Blueboy (we never used to agree now we do all the time) another Chapman is needed, we've attempted to bring this kind of player in on loan for years with Barrow, Grime and Norwegian Kid from West Ham, we finally get one that does the business and he gets injured.

We need someone to run at a fullback and stretch them late in games and we just don't possess that at the moment.

Charltons left winger the other day looked handy but he kept falling over.

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

The 'Turkish Messi' Erhun Oztumer would be a joy to watch but I think he plays in the same position as Dack. We desperately need a new Chapman as Charlton managed to crowd Dack out of the game on Saturday so we were struggling for inspiration.

If he could play on the wing anywhere nearly as effectively, then he could be absolutely amazing. 

Like most, I'm going off his highlights, but the idea that teams need to make allowances for both him and Dack would be frightening. Reminds me a little of the set up that Brentford had when they first got promoted a few seasons ago. 

1 minute ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

If he could play on the wing anywhere nearly as effectively, then he could be absolutely amazing. 

Like most, I'm going off his highlights, but the idea that teams need to make allowances for both him and Dack would be frightening. Reminds me a little of the set up that Brentford had when they first got promoted a few seasons ago. 

He does look a cracking player. I'm only going off the CH5 highlights prog too but he seems to smash at least 2 in from 25 yards every week. That may be an exaggeration:)

Him, Dack and Chapman behind a striker would certainly be worth watching. Good point about Brentford and the likes of Judge.

Just now, rog of the rovers said:

Joe Aribo (Charlton number 17) was fantastic on Saturday, their holding midfielder.

I know its not an area of immediate need, but thought he stood out a mile and was the best player on the park, particularly in the second half.

Kids and Grown-ups love him so.

He did play well, as did their left-back on loan from Chelsea and their Centre-Half (15?) who looked a cracking player. Reeves in midfield was also impressive. They were a striker and a winger short of a very good team at this level.

TM on the January window

So, with the team currently riding high in League One, where exactly does Mowbray feel more depth is needed?

"I'm positive at the moment that all the squad needs is a little bit more individuality," the 54-year-old added."

"We're working hard on recruitment. The balance of our squad is screaming out for someone who can beat a man with real pace."

30 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I hope he doesn't welcome Feeney back as that man !

Precisely what I was going to say! Good to see it's been recognised though; we need pace regardless of Chapman coming back.

If we can get Chapman (Feb) and Lenihan (Jan) back fit and add some more pace out wide then we'll surely go up.

30 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I hope he doesn't welcome Feeney back as that man !

Precisely what I was going to say! Good to see it's been recognised though; we need pace regardless of Chapman coming back.

If we can get Chapman (Feb) and Lenihan (Jan) back fit and add some more pace out wide then we'll surely go up. He says.

3 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

If we can get Chapman (Feb) and Lenihan (Jan) back fit and add some more pace out wide then we'll surely go up. He says.

Yeah him coming back and back on the wage bill might just scupper things. Tried and tested and not up to what's required, sure you'll get the odd good game out of him but imo his attitude is poor. Doesn't chase back, doesn't get stuck in and is very very inconsistent so time for some more younger hungrier fresher legs that fit in with what this squad is becoming all about.

I'd stick Nyambe on the wing before this fella.

Sounds like Mowbray intends to buy someone on a permanent basis for the Chapman role. Nice feeling to have Rovers back in the buying market again. It's about time we bought some talented assets that belong to the club.

I personally think we should at some of the youngsters at the likes of man city , arsenal , and man Utd on loan  .  Man city had some good players the other night , surely league one football is better then u23 football ..

The stand out players in league one like otzumer , Maddison,  josh Morris- some of them could be worth a look at to 

Archived