BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

“It’s Football Jim...but not as we know it!” - The NFL Thread

Wasn't quite the hail Mary finish I was hoping for, but it came close and it was a pretty decent game. Certainly up there ?

Good to see Mahomes had a mixed game, as nobody likes the perfect game do they? 1 TD run in followed by 3 sacks and 2 interception passes.  He was actually better at running it for a while such was the pass rush and coverage. THEN he came good at the end when it looked almost all over. (that 3rd and 15 forty four yard pass play was the game changer) - True movie style!!! I actually know a Chiefs fan in the States and he told me he turned off at 20-10, his words "So disappointed. It's all over", lol. I kept telling him, they are the comeback kings and remember the Superbowl 2 years ago FFS! ?‍♂️

The half-time show was the best ever too ?

Shaky.jpg.da32166366d88394724ef2f043441996.jpg

Edited by Husky

• 9 months later...
  • Backroom

Things got a bit feisty in the NFL at the weekend. 

Saw a tweet-

Things that got hurt by this:

1. Javon Wims hand

2. Javon Wims bank balance

3. Javon Wims professional reputation 

4. Javon Wims team's chance of winning the game 

Things that were not hurt by this:

The other player!

• Backroom
6 hours ago, Gav said:

Tell you what Silas, tremendous professionalism on the part of the Saints player to not react.

His reaction makes me chuckle. He's like WTF! ?

Full disclosure though, the Saints player had put his finger through the face grill and poked Wims in the eye the play before. Hence the reaction.  

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Gav said:

Tampas defence has been exceptional, offence clinical from the old timers. 

I thought KC would win, but made up for Brady, is that 7 Super Bowls now.

Brady's record will never be beaten. Doesn't he just know it too!? 

I thought Tampa's forward line (offence, feck off: you'll be calling the beautiful game soccer next) were brilliant. A bunch of mavericks let loose to play how they wished for probably one last time together. They were awesome (bloody good) as you said Gav!

It's by no means my favourite sport, takes too long and is more of a social event in US, but watched most of last night out of the corner of my eye and thoroughly enjoyed what I saw.

Will Brady retire now?

I'm a Panthers fan and hope for better from them next season and in College 'ball, I pull (support) for The Appalachian State Mountaineers (Go 'Neers).

Have a nice day now y'all!

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 1

Last night's game wasn't much of a nail biter. It was over as a contest hat half time which was surprising.

Brady was superb. Mahomes spent most of the game avoiding a hammering. 

as darrenrover said, the superbowl is more of an event than a game. I like American football so watch every year. 

I too would like the Panthers to do well, as for college teams I don't care.

The Chiefs have a ton of playmakers on Offence but they cant do anything if the OLine doesnt give Mahomes time to do anything.I think its as little early to say Bradys record wont be matched as Mahomes has been KCs starting QB for 3 years and has gotten to 2 Superbowls and an AFC Championship game.I dont think  he'll match TB record of 7 wins and 10 Superbowl appearances but he's got the skills to get close,all depends on how much longer Bardy wants to keep going.hes one of the best QBs ever with tons of money and a Brazilian supermodel wife,some people have all the luck 🙂

• 11 months later...

I know that there are a few NFL fans on this board. 

Saturday and yesterday had the divisional round of playoff games, knows as the quarter finals anywhere else. 

They were all absolute crackers. 

The Bengals, 49'ers, and Rams all won away from home on last second field goals, then the Chiefs beat Buffalo in extra time with a touch down.

It was brilliant to watch.

• Like 3

• Backroom
2 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I know that there are a few NFL fans on this board. 

Saturday and yesterday had the divisional round of playoff games, knows as the quarter finals anywhere else. 

They were all absolute crackers. 

The Bengals, 49'ers, and Rams all won away from home on last second field goals, then the Chiefs beat Buffalo in extra time with a touch down.

What a weekend, really entertaining stuff.

That Chiefs/Bills game was an ATG. Two great quarterbacks at the top of their game.

How the hell Mahomes saves his team with 13 seconds on the clock. 🤔

Bills should have kicked off in field, yeah you risk a big return from the special team, but if you contain them you probably drain 5 or 6 seconds off the clock, and it's pretty much game over. 

Hindsight though i suppose. 

Hat's off to both teams though. Would have been a good superbowl that match. 

On 24/01/2022 at 14:17, speeeeeeedie said:

Unless you're a Bills fan and its 3am in the morning! 😪

Glad Rovers won yesterday to drag me out of the doldrums!

Pity the only thing Josh Allen did wrong in the whole game was to call tails instead of heads, shame such a game had to (effectively) be decided on a coin toss, but those are the rules.

Bills Super Bowl window is open and no doubt the Chiefs and Bills will be meeting a lot more in years to come.

20 hours ago, rog of the rovers said:

Unless you're a Bills fan and its 3am in the morning! 😪

Glad Rovers won yesterday to drag me out of the doldrums!

Pity the only thing Josh Allen did wrong in the whole game was to call tails instead of heads, shame such a game had to (effectively) be decided on a coin toss, but those are the rules.

Bills Super Bowl window is open and no doubt the Chiefs and Bills will be meeting a lot more in years to come.

Oh dear, a late night for that ending. If Allen stays fit it looks like Buffalo will get its day in the sun at some point.

I think that they shouldn't have booted the ball out of the end zone on the kick off. A rugby style donkey dropper landing in play would have wasted time.

It's KC v. Bengals and LA v. San Francisco this weekend.

KC should win, as should LA, but who knows. 

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, The Hypnotic said:

The halftime show was immense. Dre, Snoop, Mary J Blige, Kendrick Lamar, 50 cent, and Eminem with a west coast greatest hits show. Great entertainment, Kendrick absolutely killed it 👌 

Yes that looked a bit mental . Went to a game in New Orleans once . Had no clue what was occurring 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
11 hours ago, The Hypnotic said:

The halftime show was immense. Dre, Snoop, Mary J Blige, Kendrick Lamar, 50 cent, and Eminem with a west coast greatest hits show. Great entertainment, Kendrick absolutely killed it 👌 

Anderson.Paak was playing drums for Eminem as well. A very good artist who sings and raps very well indeed as well!

Worth checking out if you like hip hop and soulful stuff!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Anderson.Paak was playing drums for Eminem as well. A very good artist who sings and raps very well indeed as well!

Worth checking out if you like hip hop and soulful stuff!

Thanks for the recommendation, that’s right up my street. 

• 10 months later...
  • Backroom
47 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I watched this live last night; BBC: NFL player collapses after tackle

It was a lot like Eriksen at the Euro's.

The lad tackled a receiver, stood up, pointed, then fell down flat on his back. 10 minutes of CPR and an ambulance ride later he's now in critical condition in an ICU.

Awful to see such a young athlete in that situation, really hope he pulls through ok.

I see 'the internet' dug up a gofundme page he'd done in 2020 to help poor kids get toys in the pandemic. 

Target was $2,500. Within 12 hours of the incident it had over $3.5 million. 😲😲

Quite touching how quickly people have reacted. One of those rare occasions of social media being a force for good.