BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Luton Town home

Attendance 15,319 not too shabby. How many did Luton bring?

Can't get over the 2 shots on target stat after 66% possession, but then again I've also seen the Charlton v Leeds stats of another afternoon mugging.

I havent seen any of the match or highlights yet so look forward at least to the Travis goal. Why are we so shot-shy especially from a distance when such attempts are usually woeful. 

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Sick of this stupid formation.

Sick of hearing Mowbray has resolved our defensive frailties.

Sick of players playing out of position.

Sick of decent young players being left out of the squad for chronically underperforming favourites.

Sick of people trying to justify wasting millions on 2 strikers who have scored about twice in the last 2 years between them while we haven’t spent a proper fee on a defender in nearly a decade.

Sick of being told to be grateful Venky’s haven’t liquidated us.

Disgusted at being told we are at our natural level, plodding around the middle of the second tier and getting beat off Luton at Ewood after all that Jack Walker did for us, and elements of our fan base trying to hold those who don’t share their rose tinted views accountable, rather than the real culprits.

There are times when I can’t even tell what formation we are playing or who is meant to be in what position. It’s like some overthought moving around of players to try to confuse the opposition.

Oh, for a manager who picks his best players in their best positions and take games to the opposition.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Can't get over the 2 shots on target stat after 66% possession, but then again I've also seen the Charlton v Leeds stats of another afternoon mugging.

I havent seen any of the match or highlights yet so look forward at least to the Travis goal. Why are we so shot-shy especially from a distance when such attempts are usually woeful. 

About 1600 Luton fans but the upper JW looked more full than usual. Good to see, shame team let us down.

TM needs to have a shooting session in his training schedule ? because on today's evidence he doesn't.

• Like 1

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

I had a feeling someone would fall for that one.

The BBE upper was open and full of school kids and other groups. Presumably on free tickets.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, harryhealless1928 said:

At least we can now play a strong team in the FACup as there is  probably no chance of promotion!

Don't build your hopes up. And, what would folks consider to be a "strong" team for the cup?

• Backroom
37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We tend to struggle against Team who sit back against us. we need to be better with the ball. 

Because TM always sets us up as the underdog team, no matter who we're playing. Works well against better teams at home and so far this season alright away from home, but it doesn't work when we need to impose ourselves on a lesser team. We fail to impress time and time again. We'll probably look much better on Tuesday against Forest. 

Just now, Stuart said:

I had a feeling someone would fall for that one.

The BBE upper was open and full of school kids and other groups. Presumably on free tickets.

Fall for what? That Ewood Park had over 13.5 Rovers fans in the stadium. You are more than willing to complain about the club and its efforts to get more fans in. 

Why on free Tickets? 

When I went with School we paid for our tickets actually

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

Because TM always sets us up as the underdog team, no matter who we're playing. Works well against better teams at home and so far this season alright away from home, but it doesn't work when we need to impose ourselves on a lesser team. We fail to impress time and time again. We'll probably look much better on Tuesday against Forest. 

Not in the 1st 15 mins of the game. We were on the front foot. Pressing high, passing quicker, movement. Need to score in that period

• Like 1

For me it's not just a Mowbray problem. For more years than I can remember I've been coming back from matches wondering why we so rarely enter the penalty area with the ball at our feet.. It creates the possibility of penalties and causes defenders problems. Instead we get to about 20 yards out, stop, play the ball backwards and then eventually try a cross which defenders are then well placed to head away. Frustrating 

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Fall for what? That Ewood Park had over 13.5 Rovers fans in the stadium. You are more than willing to complain about the club and its efforts to get more fans in. 

Why on free Tickets? 

When I went with School we paid for our tickets actually

No way did those kids pay for tickets today. Fair play to them for turning up - some of them in madrasah uniforms but it really shouldn’t be seen as a genuine increase in the gate.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Not in the 1st 15 mins of the game. We were on the front foot. Pressing high, passing quicker, movement. Need to score in that period

We only had 2 shots on target all game so we would only have gotten a draw at best. Same problem we've had most of the season - plenty of shots, can't hit the target. 

Just now, Stuart said:

No way did those kids pay for tickets today. Fair play to them for turning up - some of them in madrasah uniforms but it really shouldn’t be seen as a genuine increase in the gate.

How do you know Stuart?

Getting young fans interested at an early age is the way to increase attendance. 

• Backroom

We have chances. Graham shot was weak, Armstrong blaze over the bar..

That's not what I said - shots on target. Doesn't matter how many chances you have unless you aim them between the sticks. You can't say it's a one off because it's been highlighted multiple times this season. It's clearly a problem. We don't have anybody other than Dack and Graham who are good at scoring. 

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

That's not what I said - shots on target. Doesn't matter how many chances you have unless you aim them between the sticks. You can't say it's a one off because it's been highlighted multiple times this season. It's clearly a problem. We don't have anybody other than Dack and Graham who are good at scoring. 

Graham shot was on target but weak. He was poor when he came on

I thought we were passing for the sake of it then resorted to slinging balls in. No attempt to play little triangles and expose them with skill. The only time we did, Travis scores.

I felt Butterfield looked a tidy little player but surprised he was in defensive midfield as I was told when he was on trial here in the summer he was an attacker. But he had Dack in his pocket which is probably why we created little.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Graham shot was on target but weak. He was poor when he came on

Graham isn't an impact player. He either needs to start or not play at all. No coincidence that he comes on and we actually manage a shot on target though. Before then it was only Travis' goal. Gallagher has had his chance and I'm sorry but he isn't the answer up top. I'd rather he didn't play on the wing, but right now if it's a choice between him and Graham in the striker's position then it's Graham all day long I'm afraid. 

• Like 3

Just don’t get why the away fans are in top tier, must make players think they’re playing a reserve game or something running down to a big empty stand. Game was so depressing that’s all I can complain about, apart from why isnt Graham starting when he is by far our best centre forward?

Just now, rigger said:

I have never been so close to chucking my season ticket away, as I feel now. We just lost to the poorest side I have ever seen at Ewood. A team that waisted time ten minutes into a game and we connot beat them. There is something wrong with us 

A bit harsh that , I thought Luton  were much superior to Millwall...

34 y/o Danny Graham is the best striker at the club, which is a damning indictment of Mowbray spunking over £10m on Brereton and Gallagher.

Here's an idea: for the next game, how about we play Chapman and Rothwell on the wings instead of shoehorning f*ckk-knows-who out there. 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

I have never been so close to chucking my season ticket away, as I feel now. We just lost to the poorest side I have ever seen at Ewood. A team that waisted time ten minutes into a game and we connot beat them. There is something wrong with us 

I also genuinely questioned whether I could keep watching a group of players who really aren't reaching their individual or collective potential....

I'll not be chucking the towel in yet, but it feels harder to keep watching than last season, for some reason.