Photo
- - - - -

Never Mind Sacked!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked (or you're not logged in)
152 replies to this topic

#41 thenodrog

thenodrog

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33009 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:40 AM

Some mighty perplexing handball incidents this week. Penalties given and denied with no apparent consistency. Do the referees read from the same rule book?
Those whom the Gods seek to destroy they first make mad.....

:goal:

#42 BuckyRover

BuckyRover

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7417 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE(thenodrog @ Apr 2 2007, 12:40 ) View Post
Some mighty perplexing handball incidents this week. Penalties given and denied with no apparent consistency. Do the referees read from the same rule book?

I was thinking the same thing. I don't actually believe the Brown handball should have been given, but neither should the Keane penalty yesterday, but it was.
BuckyRover: Has NOT supported Ince since 12 minutes into the Wigan game.

In case you needed reminding....

#43 vyeo

vyeo

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE(BuckyRover @ Apr 2 2007, 11:47 ) View Post
I was thinking the same thing. I don't actually believe the Brown handball should have been given, but neither should the Keane penalty yesterday, but it was.

The brown handball this weekend was almost identical to his other handball incident, which was given (lucash converted the penalty) in the 4-3 for us last season. Where's the consistency?

#44 CAPT KAYOS

CAPT KAYOS

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4363 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE(thenodrog @ Apr 1 2007, 12:40 ) View Post

I'll answer this again TND - ... its because their minds are already made up ie ball hits hand oh.. it must be a penalty mad.gif it happens far too many times for it not to be taken as such especially when similar incidents don't even warrant any reaction from the ref/linesman outside of the box.

Hit the bloody jolly Green Giant we just bought not some friggin friggin frigggin .... .

#45 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5423 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 19:54 PM

I saw that pen in the Charlton- Wigan game, absolutely ridiculous, it's 0-0 five minutes from the end of a relegation dog fight, a ball is knocked into the box, there's a bit of a challenge , a Charlton player falls over and the ref gives a pen ! In that circumstance he's effectively given one team three points, in my opinion at that stage in the game the referee has got to be SURE it's a pen and not just think it might have been !
Saw in the paper at weekend we're leading the penalties list in the premiership, 10 against and 8 for in 31 games - ridiculous.

#46 thenodrog

thenodrog

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33009 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE(Tyrone Shoelaces @ Apr 2 2007, 19:54 ) View Post
I saw that pen in the Charlton- Wigan game, absolutely ridiculous, it's 0-0 five minutes from the end of a relegation dog fight, a ball is knocked into the box, there's a bit of a challenge , a Charlton player falls over and the ref gives a pen !

imo it was a penalty but not for the first challenge but for the second one which was a basic lunge and which decked Marcus Bent.
I guess that really is the nub of the debate, we have both seen the incident in slo-mo and yet we disagree.

#47 thenodrog

thenodrog

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33009 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 19:44 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ngland-12682897
This daft pillock is right up there with Dougie Smith... the scottish ref who booked Gazza for the very serious charge of being funny on a football pitch! http://www.onthisfoo...oks-the-ref.php

These blokes should have a four letter slang word for a vagina tattood on their foreheads before being deported to somewhere deadly dangerous at the very least.

#48 Mattyblue

Mattyblue

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7485 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 19:47 PM

Where did you drag this thread from gord?! :lol:

AESF, whatever hapenned to him?

#49 Guest_linganzi_*

Guest_linganzi_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2011 - 19:57 PM

i saw this before, what a div, if someone had not acted they would have all just stood there like dummies all night

rennie was a very self important t0$$er

and jeff winter, he is on the radio now, cleearly doesnt know the rules of the game and never did. has since admitted he didnt like rovers. I remember him sending garry flitcroft off.. against everton? possibly on his debut? possibly after about 5 mins

#50 Al

Al

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5106 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:57 AM

Where did you drag this thread from gord?! :lol:

AESF, whatever hapenned to him?

I often wonder about that myself. He was always controversial, (maybe he was banned) but there was a lot of sense in what he posted and the board is poorer for his absence.
Al
Growing older is like being increasingly penalised for a crime that you did not commit.

#51 thenodrog

thenodrog

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33009 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 12:37 PM

I often wonder about that myself. He was always controversial, (maybe he was banned) but there was a lot of sense in what he posted and the board is poorer for his absence.

Just guesssing and I might be wrong but the usual suspects in the posse were ganging up on him pretty heavily in what were obviously organised attacks. I've a feeling something similar must have occurred with Blue Phil.

#52 True Blue & White

True Blue & White

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1726 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 12:51 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-12682897
This daft pillock is right up there with Dougie Smith... the scottish ref who booked Gazza for the very serious charge of being funny on a football pitch! http://www.onthisfoo...oks-the-ref.php

These blokes should have a four letter slang word for a vagina tattood on their foreheads before being deported to somewhere deadly dangerous at the very least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67Tdn_AYe6k
If Rovers are Venky's 'baby' then Balaji, Venkatesh and Mrs Desai must be our Steven Barker, Jason Owen and Tracey Connelly.

#53 Wild Irish Rover

Wild Irish Rover

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 13:12 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-12682897

No ref. No Game.
"Let them eat cake " No... let them eat mechanically reclaimed and re-formed Chicken related meat products

#54 RIML

RIML

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Twitter: @NicoSilco

• ST Block: Singing Section

Posted 10 March 2011 - 13:21 PM

What about this then..........ref forced to brandish 'invisible yellow card' :lol: :lol:

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but I haven't seen it on this thread or Other PL happenings.

EDIT: And I can't see the youtube videos on here because I'm on a computer at work ;)

Edited by RIML, 10 March 2011 - 13:23 PM.

We'll win again, don't know where, don't know when. But I know we'll win again, some sunny day. KEAN OUT

#55 bluebruce

bluebruce

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts
  • Location:Blackburn born, Darwen raised, Staffordshire educated, now in Blackpool

Posted 10 March 2011 - 13:49 PM

Chalk up Ashby at Ewood Park, 1994 vs Manchester United. Berg wins the ball from Sharp, and amazingly is given a penalty against him and sent off. Crazy.

That's happened to numerous players over the years. The way I recall it, what made that particular one so ludicrous was that if anything, Berg was fouled by Sharp. Or at least that it was a 50-50.

All time Rovers refereeing cockup for me is -that- West Ham goal that never was. I forget the year. But disallowable on about 5 or 6 counts, yet both the ref and linesman missed them all. What are the odds?
BRFC
Once proud...
...now Rao'd.

#56 thenodrog

thenodrog

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33009 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:53 AM

N'Zonzi given a straight red for competing strongly for the ball as any midfielder should whilst Vidic yet again appears to be completely immune from being shown the red card.
:angry:

#57 Stuart

Stuart

Bald Eagle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13566 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:12 AM

And there's nothing we can do about it. Very annoying.

"TEAM - Together Everyone Achieves More!!"

#58 Tom M

Tom M

World Cup

• Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15854 posts

• ST Block: N01

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:11 AM

I take it Rooney will be punished for foul and abusive language now, pretty clear cut afterall.
Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious.....And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

Walt Disney

#59 chocky

chocky

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1038 posts

• ST Block: 04

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:41 AM

Managers should be banned from making public statement about refs and decision on the pitch. In the end they are human and make mistakes. I believe they dolisten to what managers say in their post match statement and are intimidated by certain, high profile managers. It must be hard to go to Old Trafford and The Emerates etc. and not be overwelmed sometimes.

"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion." Professor Steven Weinberg...."Whoever saves one life saves the World entire" Oscar Schindler..

#60 JAL

JAL

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8506 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:35 PM

N'Zonzi given a straight red for competing strongly for the ball as any midfielder should whilst Vidic yet again appears to be completely immune from being shown the red card.
:angry:

The reaction of the weak gooner caused Nzonzi the red card .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Legal Information

All content is copyright of its respective posters and may not be representative of the views of BRFCS Ltd, its staff, volunteers, members, sponsors or advertisers. Content on the public forums of this site is not pre-moderated. If you feel that any content is defamatory or constitutes harassment, or that it contravenes the site posting guidelines, or that it may result in the site or its owners, volunteers, users or members facing legal action, you should alert BRFCS immediately either by using the REPORT function available on every post or by sending an email to admin@brfcs.com with details of the content in question.

Note that this site uses cookies. As the site does not function without cookies, any use of the site implies consent for us to use them. Under new European law, BRFCS is required to disclose how these cookies are used. Please see our privacy policy for more information.

BRFCS Ltd. Registered in England and Wales under company registration number 07315781.