BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

Good to see Nicko on here tonight but one thing I do need to know about the article in the mirror today "Rovers to be sold for a poultry 40M" where the hell did you get that pun from? That's the funniest I have seen but please no more puns please it is hard enough going out to do my shopping while trying to keep a straight face is damn hard!. Nicko do you still think there is a chance Syed could take over? Or is it looking more likely that VH group will take over. Also to anyone who doubts this deal with VH Group so long as they prove they have the money which they seem to have the money is clean & they are prepared to invest over the long term that should be fine. Also just because they have made their money out of Poultry that is not illegal so that is good for me. Also we have to trust the trust to ensure they get this right.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess we will see next week. Mind you Alan you wrote Mr Ali Syed's people had held talks with Rovers at Ewood a few weeks back and we all know that to be bull. It is common knowledge noone has been there since the memorandum of understanding was signed!!!If Cryer writes the club don't expect a presence at Anfield and for the deal to be completed by November, I am sure that is what the club thinks

Andy, is that you?!

Good to see Nicko on here tonight but one thing I do need to know about the article in the mirror today "Rovers to be sold for a poultry 40M" where the hell did you get that pun from? That's the funniest I have seen but please no more puns please it is hard enough going out to do my shopping while trying to keep a straight face is damn hard!. Nicko do you still think there is a chance Syed could take over? Or is it looking more likely that VH group will take over. Also to anyone who doubts this deal with VH Group so long as they prove they have the money which they seem to have the money is clean & they are prepared to invest over the long term that should be fine. Also just because they have made their money out of Poultry that is not illegal so that is good for me. Also we have to trust the trust to ensure they get this right.

I don't do the headlines ;)

I don't know what Syed's response has been over the past week - or since the VH Group emerged as the major and mystery rivals.

Got to say that their quiet approach has helped them in some areas from what I hear.

But it would still be a good thing if more was known about them. Hopefully we will find out some names and such shortly.

I don't think they made their billions just from chickens as they seem to have expanded into other fields. These are no mugs by the look of it. Even if the chicken line will get them media attention and is a good catch.

Still a whole lot of questions to be answered - but this has moved on at some pace over the past week.

In fact, they are in the country already for what would appear to be a very significant stage of the developments.

I could say what hotel they are in, but why tip off the opposition? ;)

I hope he's bluffing when he say that spending money in the January transfer window is "not for me". I feel we will be involved in a relegation struggle if we don't refresh the squad asap. Where's the goals going to come from for a start?

Anyway I console myself by the fact that no-one has ever been able to get between a football manager and someone else's money!

I hope he's bluffing when he say that spending money in the January transfer window is "not for me". I feel we will be involved in a relegation struggle if we don't refresh the squad asap. Where's the goals going to come from for a start?

Anyway I console myself by the fact that no-one has ever been able to get between a football manager and someone else's money!

If I suddenly had some money to spend as a football manager, the first thing I would do is say that I won't be spending it!

You mean other newspapers about the tip off?

Probably be a the Dunkenhalgh hotel in Clayton Le Mooors or a hotel in Manchester probably near the airport?

the only rovers related person staying at the dunkenhalgh at the moment is Herold Goulon :)

In retrospect Syed's charity donations might turn out to be a last-minute desperate bid to cling onto a deal he is losing to VH. I stress "might". Like everyone else I'm waiting for the next twist!

How about a Goldberg expose into the horrors of battery farming?

Here's an interesting graph showing how the company's fortunes have risen in very recent times:

http://www.corporateinformation.com/Company-Snapshot.aspx?cusip=C35665900

Tony, If I were investing in that company, I'd be asking, what happened in the last 52 weeks.

A 440% increase in the stock over the last 12 months! 88% in the last month.

They'd want some pretty good answers to satisfy the ASX, I can tell you.

The rating given the company appears to be average at best:

Liquidity is only Fair

Financial Strength is Excellent

Profit is Excellent

Growth is the second lowest on the scale (0 being the lowest, 20 being the highest).

Tony, If I were investing in that company, I'd be asking, what happened in the last 52 weeks.

A 440% increase in the stock over the last 12 months! 88% in the last month.

They'd want some pretty good answers to satisfy the ASX, I can tell you.

The rating given the company appears to be average at best:

Liquidity is only Fair

Financial Strength is Excellent

Profit is Excellent

Growth is the second lowest on the scale (0 being the lowest, 20 being the highest).

Yeah..............we do seem to attract these "interesting" companies don't we? Vetting them must be a daunting task!

As there's been no comment since Tony put up the graph and details and my subsequent comment, I'll add this.

It is time that one or more of these "bidders" for BRFC put their cards (and cash) on the table.

Time to stop fartarsing around (to use an Australian colloquialism) and get on with the job.

If you've got the dough, come on. I realise that you've got to check things, but increasingly you are all looking like "tyre kickers" (people that want to look a car over with no intention to buy).

Fingers out guys, cheque books out boys, fill the pen and sign on the dotted line. Otherwise, stop wasting our time.

It is time that one or more of these "bidders" for BRFC put their cards (and cash) on the table.

Time to stop fartarsing around (to use an Australian colloquialism) and get on with the job.

If you've got the dough, come on. I realise that you've got to check things, but increasingly you are all looking like "tyre kickers" (people that want to look a car over with no intention to buy).

Fingers out guys, cheque books out boys, fill the pen and sign on the dotted line. Otherwise, stop wasting our time.

I think you will find that is what is being done this weekend during their trip over. Judging by their numbers and where they are staying this should be a conclusive visit.

We all want answers to questions and there might be quite a few forthcoming this time round.

There has been a major push from this mob in the past few days. When the manager starts to acknowledge it then you know that something is close.

I would not totally dismiss Syed, but the feedback I get is far more positive about the prospects of the VH Group.

But you are right. It means nowt until the money is on the table.

Have you even been reading the thread?

We are lead to believe things are happening, the clearest indication that something could happen soon was indicated by the manager yesterday.

These things take time, get over it.

Just done a general google of Venky's India.

On one, it let's you do a comparison of stock, the comparison example I got was "Jains Irrigation".

Haven't we had a "Jains" mentioned before?

Ah yes, wasn't that the name of the fellow who was involved in the Goldberg 'revelations' about Ali Sayed, the one who disappeared rather quickly from the radar (and facebook) ...

Hmmm <_<

Ah yes, wasn't that the name of the fellow who was involved in the Goldberg 'revelations' about Ali Sayed, the one who disappeared rather quickly from the radar (and facebook) ...

Hmmm <_<

Blimey! Good spot you two! Who would ever have thought good old Rovers would be the subject of industrial espionage! :blink:

This will upset people who do not like my posts but here is my best guess at where we are and where we are going:

- I believe VH are the people whom nicko described as "another lot" rushing around trying to put a team together three weeks ago.

- VH have impressed the Trust enormously to have pulled into the strongest lead position that any group has had since the sale process started three + years ago. The analyst from Indian could not have spoken more highly about them even though it appears he got a digit wrong in describing their numbers!

However, VH are still relatively new on the scene. They are not as advanced as many think they are and the negotiations this next week are probably to thrash out a Memorandum of Understanding including a Sale Agreement subject to mutual due diligence. In other words we are in the same position with VH today as we were a week to ten days before Jean Claude Darmon et al wafted into the club shop accompanied by Sky cameras. I would imagine VH are aware of what happened next...

Best guess is there will be a two liner from the club at some point in the next seven days saying the same thing about VH as was said about AWG back in early August.

On that basis an end November deal seems to be both the most sensible and most likely time scale. That would still be a very quick closure on the sale of a £50m+ turnover business.

So VH are probably going to be our new owners but with the following huge caveats:

- three weeks ago, mystery man was at a more advanced stage process-wise than VH are now apparently and was slated as favourite to buy yet when it came to the hard talk, he low balled and we dodged a bullet.

- the rationale for VH buying remains murky. The package for moving Rovers forwards completely hidden.

- quantitative easing has resulted in banks taking the cash generated by the printing presses of western governments and sticking it on bets in emerging markets. There is a completely unsustainable bubble in various stock markets as the Venky's share price track posted by our Australian friends show in the chart they posted.

- that has two critical impacts on Rovers- even the most sober business person feels rich and a world warrior when share prices quadruple in short order- is this the reason why BRFC and chickens are seen as a strategic fit?

- and will the publicly held Venky's be able to sustain the rationale for putting money into Rovers when the emerging market stock bubble goes pop?

- finally there is Ali Syed. The donations to the Cathedral and Nightsafe would be in keeping with his philanthropy and be a lovely parting/farewell gift from his involvement in Blackburn. On the other hand, he and his team of advisors might be extremely determined to win and are not going to be beaten by a chicken... Your guess is as good as mine on what they will do next.

Have you even been reading the thread?

We are lead to believe things are happening, the clearest indication that something could happen soon was indicated by the manager yesterday.

These things take time, get over it.

I presume that this is aimed at me.

ada, I was following up on someone else link. I found something that might not gel, it didn't sit right with me, so I mentioned it.

Some others, who have been more vocal than me, had come and gone onto the site, without comment, which increased the intrigue that I had, so I mentioned it.

To precis the issue I had, was that Venky's share price had gone up 440%. That warrants comment.

Archived