BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Olympics 2012

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great Olympics! Good for all of these athletes. I watched the China/Japan volleyball earlier, smashing match, think it went 5 sets, Volleyball is certainly one of my favourites at the Olympics and I don't mean the beach volleyball though some is okay.l

Shame for Pendleton, not really sure what happened in that second race, the first race was a shocking decision.

Shame they had to go by the letter of the law and not by common sense. I thought that Mears was going knock Vic over!!

Gutted about Pendleton.....stupid decision for the first.

I'm watching China vs USA in the first semi final of the Women's beach volleyball....I like watching matches between these 2 countries, there is that added competitiveness.....and obviously the semi final stage now means the standard is at a higher level....I've really enjoyed it anyway, not just for the girls on show....13-11 to China atm.

We have 2 guys in boxing quarter finals tonight, a guy in the 3m springboard final, Robert Gabarz in the high jump final and that huge guy in the discus final.

Scotland are ahead of Australia in the medal table, and the other day Yorkshire were 10th haha.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/news/9458906/Cameroon-athletes-missing-from-London-2012-Olympics-amid-asylum-fears.html

We now have 51 guaranteed medals, and double the amount of golds of the country in 4th. We're only 8 behind the USA. It's truly an absolutely stunning performance from our athletes.

Feel really sorry for Holly, her season has really tailed off.

It's her response that'll make or break her from here, she's only very young and inexperienced at this point. Can see her getting a new coach though, as she seemed very upset at her current guy, she was extremely distracted.

Very talented girl but I feel she might become a little too heavy for the polevault.

We now have 51 guaranteed medals, and double the amount of golds of the country in 4th. We're only 8 behind the USA. It's truly an absolutely stunning performance from our athletes.

Amazing performance by the team as a whole. I think we should keep the Olympics, winner stays on and all that.

Anyone know Holly Bleasdale? Is she a Rover?

No idea whether she follows Rovers but she did have a trial for Rovers Ladies before she had to give up football because of an injury.

I have no idea why we're so good at cycling, we pretty much dominate in the velodrome and have Wiggins, Cavendish, Froome etc as well....

Two words - Dave Brailsford.

Feel really sorry for Holly, her season has really tailed off.

It's her response that'll make or break her from here, she's only very young and inexperienced at this point. Can see her getting a new coach though, as she seemed very upset at her current guy, she was extremely distracted.

Conditions were very tricky last night for vaulting - even Isinbeava struggled. Before the event Holly said she would be over the moon with a top 6 finish and she finished 6th. Given her youth and inexperience it was a decent result.

Brazil are a bit good going forward, but if some decisions had gone the right way then it could have been a very different story.

I'm still very annoyed that Gu Ja Cheol got away from Sam a few years back. He's quality.

At least the bronze play off with Japan will be a big game.

Gatlin getting bronze instead of Gay in the 100m sticks in the throat, a double cheat should not be running here.

You'll be pleased to know that there was a discernible booing at the 100m medal ceremony last night when Gatlin got his medal, not least by my son and me.

Had a decent evening at the footy. Korea should've had two penalties imo but once Brazil got their goal I didn't think they'd lose.

Had the best seats I've ever had at OT, but felt dirty sitting in the stretford end!

Something fishy about the Mens 1500. The winner was too sick to run in another race yesterday.

He was chucked out before an appeal let him back in. After he'd qualified for the 1500m final, the Algerian athletic folk forgot to withdraw him from the 800m, so he had to compete in the heats for that. After a half hearted 100m or so, he dropped out : the Olympic authorities went into a bit of a huff and threw him out of the 1500m. Last I heard he was only let back in after he got an independent doc to say he was ill and that's why he dropped out of the 800m. Confused yet???

Not too many gold medal hopes for us today, we'll probably pick up a handful more between now and Sunday, but I suspect we'll see the Russians close the gap over the next few days. Our best hope today seems to be the guys that won gold for doing that weird horse dancing stuff yesterday going for the gold in the individual event.

Elsewhere Shanaze Reade and Mo Farah kick off bids for gold in BMX and 5000m respectively, and Nicola Adams is in her boxing semifinal against a 5 time champion from India.

Anyone know of any decent medal chances today that I've missed?

Same old Aussies, always cheating.

What's that about?

Anyway, Anna Meares, in early 2004 had a broken neck. It was thought she wouldn't walk again. She came back and got a bronze later that year.

In Beijing, she got the silver. The rest is history.

A real champion, a real example of not giving up in the face of adversity.

Archived