SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers U21's

FGS5635

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you on this.

thought Dabo looked very flat footed imho and i thought he gave the ball away too much, cant see him being a regular starter for the first team.

Mahoney i thought looked like rovers best player in the first half and tired in the 2nd half, but suppose what he needs is game time not being stuck on the bench for the 1st team. apparenlty hes as good with his left foot as he is with his right. Something for the future. I heard quite a lot of clubs were after him before he signed with us, mate of mine knows one of the stanley coaches and apparenlty we got him on the cheap as Cardiff, Swansea, Newcastle and Sunderland were all offering to sign him.

Evans - think he needs more game time as looked very tired when he came off and hardly went forward at all and as for Neil i actually thought he did ok but then agin he was playing under 21 players.

they had a few England under 19/21 players in their squad so i think the outcome was quite a fair one.

What has become of Tim Payne, he came with great expectations after being introduced by Ryan Nelson as one for the future, yet we don`t seem to have heard much from him. It must be about 3 years since he joined us. I see he has been selected for New Zealand`s first team.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/payne-in-all-whites-squad-1355085.aspx?

Remember him playing in the 2012 Olympics in a holding midfield role and not doing too badly...

He seems to have just drifted into the same non-progressive state as Hugo Fernandez, Robbie Cotton and John O'Sullivan. I would have thought if they are to make the step up,- they should be doing it now as they're all hitting 20 years old.

I know O'Sullivan is at Southport at present, but surely we should be letting the others out on loan too and monitor their progress in a competitve sense. Seems ot be working for the likes of O'Connell, O'Conner etc...

Remember him playing in the 2012 Olympics in a holding midfield role and not doing too badly...

He seems to have just drifted into the same non-progressive state as Hugo Fernandez, Robbie Cotton and John O'Sullivan. I would have thought if they are to make the step up,- they should be doing it now as they're all hitting 20 years old.

I know O'Sullivan is at Southport at present, but surely we should be letting the others out on loan too and monitor their progress in a competitve sense. Seems ot be working for the likes of O'Connell, O'Conner etc.

It`s a shame when we keep players on the books for 4-5 years then just get rid for nothing. They were talking about increasing the profile of the younger player leagues not so long ago and as far as I know it was supposed to have already started, so far the profile hasn`t been raised much. We should be able to play a warm up match for juniors, at Ewood prior to the first team games. This would raise the profile of players and bring in more revenue.

I know O'Sullivan is at Southport at present, but surely we should be letting the others out on loan too and monitor their progress in a competitve sense. Seems ot be working for the likes of O'Connell, O'Conner etc.

It`s a shame when we keep players on the books for 4-5 years then just get rid for nothing. They were talking about increasing the profile of the younger player leagues not so long ago and as far as I know it was supposed to have already started, so far the profile hasn`t been raised much. We should be able to play a warm up match for juniors, at Ewood prior to the first team games. This would raise the profile of players and bring in more revenue.

Wouldn't do the pitch much good though.

Can anyone pass comment on how young Edwards (centre half) played.

Ok at best in my opinion. Got caught out of position a few times and his passing out from the back wasnt the best. Neil was constantly talking in his ear trying to guide him really.

1st time I've seen him play and he may just have had a bad game, but looked a long long way from 1st team stuff

Ok at best in my opinion. Got caught out of position a few times and his passing out from the back wasnt the best. Neil was constantly talking in his ear trying to guide him really.

1st time I've seen him play and he may just have had a bad game, but looked a long long way from 1st team stuff

Confirms what I believe doubt hes going to make it FG.

At least young O'Connell is progressing well, now made captain! Looking forward to seeing him next season at this rate...

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/11009369._/

I'm surprised this hasn't been replied to. OK, its Rochdale, but this speaks volumes about the kid does it not? I appreciate it will be talent which ultimately determines where he ends up playing his football, but having a good attitude also plays a significant part too. Making him captain when on loan would suggest he is made of good stuff to me.

Another 74 minutes under the belt for Corry Evans, who I expect may well appear on the bench v Reading. I think the play-offs will prove elusive this year, but his energy in the middle of the park will come as a major boost for us for the remainder of the season, and looking forward to next year.

• Backroom

Potential Semi Final away tie at Burnley in the Lancashire Senior Cup should we overcome Bury in the QF.

Burnley have already booked their place in the Semi's after beating Oldham.

Hopefully another 10k at Ewood affair :D

Archived