BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Rovers Fans At Norwich

Tris

I can only endorse what Bryan, Morph et al are saying. Those labels label you if you choose to wear them That's your choice but don't expect not to be categorised. That is the nature of the society in which we live and if you want people's perception of you to change you'll have to change designer and maybe find you have some change to buy a drink...

Matalan's amazingly good quality and hard wearing all you lot that feel the need to buy Burberry caps. I can't believe that stuff is run of the mill now - Burberry Intertnational must be seriously considering pulling their merchandise given the label it's got. That always used to be associated with country gents with too much money!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What started out as the public dressing down of some Rovers "stand up or your not a Rovers fan" idiots at Norwich has turned into the ever popular culure war debate that rages on here and in pubs, clubs, schools, houses Britain over.

I could care less what people wear. I grew up in East Lancs watching lads my age spend silly money trying to look good. Some did, some didn't. I also used to see pople going out on the town in their school pants. I'm not making any fashion comments as mine is no better than anyone else's. Posters taking exception to people winding them up because they wear certain designer brands is a tad immature. You like good quality, if expensive, clothes good for you that is your choice. It's also the choice of others to have a go.

The point lost amongst the fashion debate goes back to what I said on this topic on Monday, and a good few others have reitterated since. Whether you like it or not, if you turn up to a game wearing "casual" designer gear looking like a stereotypical hooligan people will assume you are out for trouble, not everyone but some; especailly the Law in most cases. If you feel comfortable wearing these clothes and are sure why you wear them, and are no way remotely connected to hooligansim be prepared to possibly get some stick from someone. Unfortunately for you it goes with the territory. Don't overreact if and when it happens as you should know the consequences.

As a Brit living in America I come across all sorts of people. I've met plenty who assume that when they hear an English accent you can coach football, drink loads of ale, and live in London. Whether you do or not is not the point, stereotyping is; a sweeping generalisation applied to a specific group that is rarely true on an individual basis.

Lads wearing Burberry caps (or other brand), flash jackets, whatever jeans, stripey shirts, and same style shoes at football matches are stereotyped into the hooligan bracket.

Today's "Casuals" miss the point completly. In the early to mid 80s when the whole designer/label/casual/terrace thing properly kicked off you went out of your way to be *different*, the last thing you wanted was clobber someone else had, you'd trawl around obscure golf/camping/yachting/etc shop along with independant *real* sports shops (not leisure stuff like JD and JJB) to try and get something cool that nobody else had, having something from the high street, no matter what the label or price tag just didn't cut it. I'd always look forward to summer holidays abroad to make sure I got hold of stuff you couldn't get in England.

Nowaday I'm far less fussy about my clothes (although I'm still partial to old school designer stuff) and I've even stopped wearing a cap all the time and always wear a replica shirt at footy* mainly because of how people may perceive me.

*Except where it's likely to stop me getting a beer, like Citeh next weekend.

Anyway, this is got very little to do with Norwich so can we head back on topic please.

A £35 Paul Smith T-shirt

There aren't many Paul Smith tops about for £35 Bryan I can assure you. Anyway they dont make em big enough. Their XXL appears to be made to the same pattern scale as 'Ladybird' clothing.

Edited by thenodrog

If you must know I have worn designer clothes since the age of 10.

At the age of 10 I was first arrested for football hooliganism ;-)

What a co-incidence! If you were my son 10 would have been the age you were when you attended your last football match. withstupid.gif

If you must know I have worn designer clothes since the age of 10.

At the age of 10 I was first arrested for football hooliganism ;-)

What a co-incidence! If you were my son 10 would have been the age you were when you attended your last football match. withstupid.gif

Hey, let's have a sence of humour !

Do you really think I was going around causing trouble at the tender age of 10 ?

I think you might find your icon needs to be pointing to yourself ! withstupid.gif

I don't know how this topic has degenerated so much but it makes amusing reading.

So let me get this straight, Blackburn Rovers fans either shop at Originals (how ironic), or Matalan!

Another sterotype is born!!

Not so daft at all........ I did once know somebody who was!

Rem Sylvester anyone? huh.gif

i was tweety pie once...new years day game and orville duck at stoke another time. laugh.gif

I will never forget the Pink Panther and Elephant goings on at Coventry, fantastic.

Can't believe that some lads on here are being slated because they like to enjoy what people call a football atmosphere. No matter what club you watch your going to get things like banter between fans, taking the mick out of your local rivals, standing up at moments of anticipation and lads having a couple of drinks.  These things are called having a good time in your youth and people are going to have to accept them - no wonder the crowds are dwindling! I like to wear the clothes I feel most comfortable in and if that happens to be Paul and Shark, Stone Island, Aquasacutum then I'm not going to change it for a flat cap because of the vast majority of my fellow fans see me as an embarrasment.  Can't wait for city if this is the mentality of my fellow supporters  sad.gif !

Linny8,

I'll be at City, will be a good day (Hopefully 3 points).

I will be dressed in my normal everyday clothes (Just happen to be the clothes you mentioned above).

I will be having a few beers, a good old sing-a-long, and will no doubt take the p**s out of a few mancs.

Do you want a medal or something, youre missing the point so dramatically its untrue.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with any of the above things youve mentioned, as far as im aware nobody has attacked youre right to sing or drink or stand up for moments of excitement or have a good time. Infact these have been encouraged throughout the thread.

The clothing labels mentioned above are simply associated with hooligans (this is impossible to deny), simply wearing them doesnt mean youre a hooligan of course not. The kids acting like arses at norwich on saturday were dressed in these labels FACT. If you happen to wear these kind of labels then good look to you, nobody is going to judge you for what you wear, only if you act like a t**t.

Yes I know !!

If you read my post in remark to the one I quoted you might see (If you have some intelligence) that I was commenting on it and not on the subject first posted.

yeah and i was addressing both of you in the same post.

Unless my pea sized brain has missed something then i cant see what your problem is.

Have a good time at city, id get your burberry in the wash now to make sure its ready. You the man.

Sat in the row in front of that carry on.

I relly can't stand the "two pound an hour" and all this "mums your dad" garbage that the cretins chant.

Get rid of them all. You know who you are. Beat it

This was one of my problems Quinn - killjoys - having a laugh. You were saying something about a pea?

About the rivalry with Bumley

OK when we play them. Got no arguement with that.

Until we do:

Why not change the words to whoever we're playing?

City's rivalry with Manure is one of the same city, hardly a Blackburn/Burnley thing, is it?

As above. withstupid.gif