BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Rovers Fans At Norwich

Tris

i can see why the stewards treat home fans differently i suppose. most fans dont want some man mountain jumping to his feet in front of them and blotting out the sun. if my very expensive entertainment was being ruined in this way, i would want the stewards to step in and sort it out.

if the 'once a season' visitors want to ruin each others saturday by standing up .....why should we get stressed over it?

if they are ignored by the stewards.......i certainly dont feel slighted.........i prefer them to concentrate on our own thoughtless minority..........or at least i will when i return at xmas.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hughsey, your mentality of 'home fans stand so we stand' is stupid. Thats not the problem,i dont mind standing if everyonme behind is standing and i dont mind standing when something exciting happens but when idiot kids stand up and refuse to sit down when a respectable middle aged rovers fan who has been going to away games about 25 years before they were born asks them to, then hurl abuse at him and try and get him ejected is a disgrace. Then when a policeman comes down to sort it out they have the cheek to try and get the man ejected by telling the police 'hes not a real rovers fan' just because hes in plain clothes. Its unbelievable. Then the mindless middle aged guy who might aswell be associated with a 16 year old kid who then shouts at the man aswell accusing him of being a 'spy' from rovers, then says 'do you know who i am' and asks him for a fight outside. I couldnt believe my ears. If you post on here, grow up.

Hughsey, your mentality of 'home fans stand so we stand' is stupid.

It isnt my mentality because i wasn't there. Im saying that is the way they will see it. Until someting is done about the away fans at ewood, then you will see the rovers fans do it too

Then the mindless middle aged guy who might aswell be associated with a 16 year old kid who then shouts at the man aswell accusing him of being a 'spy' from rovers, then says 'do you know who i am' and asks him for a fight outside. I couldnt believe my ears.

That's disgusting.

Edited by Ben-2000

I must say from reading this topic, how much I'm encouraged by the number of posters who have condemned the behaviour of the idiots at Norwich.

I would say that it was the friendly atmosphere at Ewood and their supporters that first got me interested in Rovers. I can well imagine that if I had been subject to abuse during my first visit, 30 odd years ago, I may well have gone and watched an other team.

Which is a frightening point, because of these idiots we could easily loose prospective fans.

I don't know what actually went on with these incidents down at Norwich.

You don't no because u weren't there so don't comment.

So people arent allowed to comment on specific issues because they werent there? Bizarre.

Sorry Poshrover.

I've been following Rovers home and away for a good number of years, I go away when I can and afford it.

I was going to go to Norwich but was unable due to family reasons.

I have seen the behaviour of Rovers fans both at home and away and nine times out of ten our supporters are generally well behaved.

You do get the odd idiot here and there who spoils it for others.

I'm dissapointed in the Rovers fans who did try and create trouble.

People who were there at the game will always remember the fans who created a bad atmosphere, not a good one.

I relly can't stand the "two pound an hour" and all this "mums your dad" garbage that the cretins chant.

Get rid of them all. You know who you are. Beat it

i hope i dont get slammed for this but

I joined in with both chants on saturday.

Only sang the £2 business for a couple of times then realised that the drink was taking effect. But as for having a dig at the dingles then its surely game on wink.gif

Last time i checked i was not a "cretin" and I aint going anywhere either biggrin.gif

Whinge, whinge, whinge!

Rovers fans get grief because they stand. Were they not just doing what the norwich supporters were?

It is the police and stewards problem, therefore they should deal with it. Not other rovers fans

Im sorry but until other supporters start to sit then you cannot moan about the rovers fans. It will get worse, before it gets better.

I wasnt there on saturday but it sounds to me like the rovers fans are simply doing the same as other fans do at our ground.

They can stand wherever they like as long as they dont block other supporters views. Does it not enter your head that once a few ignorant supporters stand up all those behind HAVE to do likewise? The ones behind may not want to stand but just a minority of knobheads at the front will force the majority to stand all through the match even when they dont want to.

As for the answer to this ............

"As for the crap regarding burberry/ aquascutum caps etc, its an easy target. Just because a lad wears a cap, doesnt mean he is a hooligan"

Maybe not but to wear such badges of ridicule sure means that he is desperately short of both taste and intelligence.

As for decent rovers fans. Iv been a season ticket holder since i was 11 and iv been to every away ground in the prem and most of the championship.

I think that you are confusing the adjectives 'decent' with 'committed' Hughesy. Trailing all over the country with BRFC does not and will not make you a 'decent' individual.

As for the answer to this ............

"As for the crap regarding burberry/ aquascutum caps etc, its an easy target. Just because a lad wears a cap, doesnt mean he is a hooligan"

Maybe not but to wear such badges of ridicule sure means that he is desperately short of both taste and intelligence.

Maybe this quote could signal someone who is narrow minded and ignorant whilst also being a fashion guru???? withstupid.gif

Its all very well coming on the message board and complaining but it isnt gonna stop anything, at the game on saturday i saw two guys a young lad in his twentys and a middle aged man almost get lynched for asking someone to sit down and i didnt here anybody stand up for them then.

Infact some of the regular faces started getting on their backs as well, apologies if any of you did help them but it just seems a little cowardly to moan about it on a message board and not be prepared to stand up for yourself at the games.

Its all very well coming on the message board and complaining but it isnt gonna stop anything, at the game on saturday i saw two guys a young lad in his twentys and a middle aged man almost get lynched for asking someone to sit down and i didnt here anybody stand up for them then.

Infact some of the regular faces started getting on their backs as well, apologies if any of you did help them but it just seems a little cowardly to moan about it on a message board and not be prepared to stand up for yourself at the games.

I think you have a point, and it's something I've thought about quite a lot since Saturday.

In hindsight, I'd say about Saturday that there was an increasingly nasty atmosphere as the second half progressed, and several people appeared to be very, very drunk.

I think that is why the stewards and police chose not to eject anyone - it could have turned into something a lot worse if they had been less intelligent about how they handled some very nasty provocation.

So in that context I don't have any regrets about not attempting to intervene, or challenge some of the idiots I have already described in earlier posts - and given the fact that I (like many) had been in a pub since midday (and most of the previous night) it could well have made things worse.

But I feel completely justified in starting a discussion about it on here, and in fact as there seems to be quite a large body of opinion against the sort of behaviour which damages the reputation of Rovers fans, maybe just maybe next time enough proper fans might be able to nip things in the bud by challenging individuals asap, before the whole thing has deteriorated as it did at Carrow Road and the stewards and police are by then heavily involved.

Be Aware I will have no sympathy.

Whether its policy at Norwich I dont know, but at Ewood, during games you are being watched.

During the Liverpool game someone not far from where I was sat was continually standing and making natzi salutes. The police / stewards didnt wade in to the crowd, however at the end of the game, I noticed the police had pulled the offender as he left the ground.

Whilst it he may have been a paine in the neck to those sat next to him during the game, I would commend the stewards / police for their softly softly approach. If they had waded into the crowd to pull him out, supporters unaware of the offenders behaviour could easly have miss read the situation.

maybe just maybe next time enough proper fans might be able to nip things in the bud

Tris,

Not trying to be argumentative (like you seem to think I am) but what exactly do you mean by a "Propper Fan".

Just because these so called idiots made fools of themselves doesn't mean they aren't "propper fans" ?

Expand......

A fan supports Blackburn Rovers and all it stands for.

For the last 30 years this has included having the best behaved fans in whatever division we have been playing in.

A true supporter encourages as many people as possible to support the club and helps make the collective experience of going to the match to support the Rovers as exciting and as pleasant an experience as possible.

No propper fan of Blackburn Rovers would deliberately obstruct the sightlines of other fans or be abusive or threatening towards other spectators.

As for decent rovers fans. Iv been a season ticket holder since i was 11 and iv been to every away ground in the prem and most of the championship.

I think that you are confusing the adjectives 'decent' with 'committed' Hughesy. Trailing all over the country with BRFC does not and will not make you a 'decent' individual.

So what makes you a decent individual?

As for the chant about burnley, what wrong with it?

"Your dads ur mum, you mums your dad, your interbred, you burnley scum"

Good God, Hughesy, Is that the best you can come up with, considering that the Rovers were, not playing Burnley or even playing a team in the division that Burnley play?

This is the 21st Century, It is the Premier League, isn't it time to concentrate on the task at hand, and that doesn't involve Bumley?

Respect for your fellow Rovers supporters is not a lot to ask, is it?

Ben, if you brought yourself into the 21st century, you might understand.

If you stood up in front of me, you'd be politely ask to sit down, if you continued to do it, I'd get you thrown out, simple as....

Respect your own supporters, then, just then, they may respect you.

If you can't understand that, then you have a problem.

Apropos Sydney, you've obviously never been here. Ask the following about Sydney:

Lee

SteB

Tooting

Tom Pringle

Blueboy

squaylor

they are a few that come to mind, and after listening to them and visiting the place, you may have a different opinion.

Good God, Hughesy, Is that the best you can come up with, considering that the Rovers were, not playing Burnley or even playing a team in the division that Burnley play?

This is the 21st Century, It is the Premier League, isn't it time to concentrate on the task at hand, and that doesn't involve Bumley?

Respect for your fellow Rovers supporters is not a lot to ask, is it?

1 - I didnt create the song.

2 - I wasnt there on saturday and i have never sung that song in my life

3 - Burnley are our local rivals. Ever heard of rivalry? I think City havnt won a trophy for a long time, yet man united have a banner up at there ground mentioning it. Why? Why do they do that? I just cant understand!!

4 - I have respect for fellow supporters, i wasnt there at norwich, and therefore i wasnt stood up, blocking anyone's view!

withstupid.gif

If you'd have read earlier posts of mine you will know that I would rather stand (not necessarily all the game) but if asked politely then i would have no problem with sitting down. What annoys me is people who say things like "Oi, Sit" etc so therefore I DO respect people's wishes. The point I was making was in response to your reply to Hughesy's post - There's nothing wrong with a bit of banter and a laugh, after all we are all there to enjoy ourselves!