SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Rovers Fans At Norwich

Tris

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe these dudes have Stoneman's Disease, where your joints ossify and you're frozen in a standing position?

Dunno about Burberry, but I wore a bilberry on my head last week - everyone thought I was a fruit. Be warned, people are very judgemental.

As for Bundaberg the less said about that the better ohmy.gif

Can't believe that some lads on here are being slated because they like to enjoy what people call a football atmosphere. No matter what club you watch your going to get things like banter between fans, taking the mick out of your local rivals, standing up at moments of anticipation and lads having a couple of drinks.  These things are called having a good time in your youth and people are going to have to accept them - no wonder the crowds are dwindling! I like to wear the clothes I feel most comfortable in and if that happens to be Paul and Shark, Stone Island, Aquasacutum then I'm not going to change it for a flat cap because of the vast majority of my fellow fans see me as an embarrasment.  Can't wait for city if this is the mentality of my fellow supporters  sad.gif !

Linny8,

I'll be at City, will be a good day (Hopefully 3 points).

I will be dressed in my normal everyday clothes (Just happen to be the clothes you mentioned above).

I will be having a few beers, a good old sing-a-long, and will no doubt take the p**s out of a few mancs.

Do you want a medal or something, youre missing the point so dramatically its untrue.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with any of the above things youve mentioned, as far as im aware nobody has attacked youre right to sing or drink or stand up for moments of excitement or have a good time. Infact these have been encouraged throughout the thread.

The clothing labels mentioned above are simply associated with hooligans (this is impossible to deny), simply wearing them doesnt mean youre a hooligan of course not. The kids acting like arses at norwich on saturday were dressed in these labels FACT. If you happen to wear these kind of labels then good look to you, nobody is going to judge you for what you wear, only if you act like a t**t.

Yes I know !!

If you read my post in remark to the one I quoted you might see (If you have some intelligence) that I was commenting on it and not on the subject first posted.

Thats because styles change. Its called fashion.

It was burberry, now its aquascutum. Just because a few muppets may like burberry, doesnt mean you should associate everyone as the same.

Von Dutch is currently a big name for caps, many lads wear it. I think its gay, does that mean that all the von dutch boys are gay? NO!

All the Von Dutch boys may not be gay but "the Von Dutch boys" sounds very gay indeed. If you want to dress up like a chav when you go to Ewood, don't be suprised if you get mistaken for a chav - seems pretty logical to me.

We all say, don't want to be alone, we wear the same clothes 'cause we feel the same..."

Of course the real irony is that all these idiots buy their ridiculously overpriced identikit tat from a shop called Originals.

Prat with a capital P !

Prat with a capital P !

Why exactly? Because I disagree with your taste in clothes? Come back when you are capable of holding a reasoned discussion without resorting to name-calling. Or just don't come back.

Prat with a capital P !

Why exactly? Because I disagree with your taste in clothes? Come back when you are capable of holding a reasoned discussion without resorting to name-calling. Or just don't come back.

Here I am !

If you must know I have worn designer clothes since the age of 10.

At the age of 10 I was first arrested for football hooliganism ;-)

I can't help having a mother who liked to dress her son in designer clothes.

I have subsequently carried on dressing in clothes that I am able to afford.

I buy them because I can afford them, feel good in them, not because I am a hooligan (Although some might say otherwise)

Why not go on chat if you want a discussion ?

Prat with a capital P !

Here I am !

I buy them because I can afford them, feel good in them, not because I am a hooligan (Although some might say otherwise)

Forget the chat thing, looks like it aint working.

MSN ??

I have also always wore designer clothes. This is because i prefer quality over price.

If you buy designer goods, more than often they will last alot longer than your next and burtons clothes

I wouldn't know, I've never bought any of these 'cheap' clothes.

Although I do have a large pile of designer clothes that have lasted me for years, they look like new.

I can't fit into a lot of them now !

I have also always wore designer clothes. This is because i prefer quality over price.

If you buy designer goods, more than often they will last alot longer than your next and burtons clothes

I wouldn't know, I've never bought any of these 'cheap' clothes.

Although I do have a large pile of designer clothes that have lasted me for years, they look like new.

I can't fit into a lot of them now !

Iv bought about 2 or 3 tops from burtons or river island and the quality is totally crap compared.

They last no time and they lose colour and shrink. You dont see that happening to the likes of stone island and paul and shark.

As for showing off. Its more a case of looking presentable and your best at all times wink.gif

I don't buy designer gear (not the labels worn by hooligans anyway), but neither do I shop at Burtons or River Island!

If you're prepared to look around you can find some decent gear without having to pay through the nose for it.

I didn't realise Blackburn was sufficently affluent for hoardes of young lads to go around dressed in identikit designer gear?

I'm sorry, but it does smack of snobbery.

Calm down, it's only a message board! (to borrow a quote from someone). I honestly don't care what sort of clothes you wear, as I made clear in my subsequent post. I whole-heartedly endorse and support your right to wear whatever the hell you like, as I also made clear (although obviously not clear enough). If you can't cope with a little adverse criticism of your taste in fashion why publicise that taste on a public forum? You have the right to think you look great in your "designer" clothes, I have the right to think you don't. Simple as.

As for debating the entire thing in private, why bother? My position is that, in my opinion, "casual" fashion looks rubbish, but that's besides the point. The pertinent point with regard to the wider debate on this thread is that those who decide to adopt casual attire are, on one level or another, identifying with "casual" culture. Casual culture has long been associated with hooliganism. Therefore it is unsurprising if those that wear casual fashion are (rightly or wrongly) stereotyped by some as being potential hooligans. Sorry, that's life.

There seem to be two different points here, and I'm not sure which you are taking issue with. Is it the fact that I think that "casual" fashion looks rubbish which upsets you, or the fact that people associate casual fashion with hooliganism? If it's the former, tough luck, I'm as entitled to an opinion as the next man. If it's the latter then address the issue instead of having a go at the messenger.

Edited by Morph

Presentable to a certain level, maybe.

Its all about making the right impression. Designer clothes (Except chav wear) make a good impression on everyone i know.

Example

If you buy a paid of designer jeans then they can look new for months/ years and very often do not fade.

Cheap jeans however usually fade, stretch etc and just do not look the same quality!

Am I the only one finding it ironic that people want to wear designer clothes to make a statement to the world, but when the statement made is not the statement they want they get all up in arms? Wouldn't it be easier to wear a sign "Not a hoolie, I just want you to think I'm well off and fashionable"?

Am I the only one finding it ironic that people want to wear designer clothes to make a statement to the world, but when the statement made is not the statement they want they get all up in arms? Wouldn't it be easier to wear a sign "Not a hoolie, I just want you to think I'm well off and fashionable"?

Dont know of any brands that do that top. wink.gif

Dragging the thread somewhat off topic, I find that the people I know don't care whether I'm in jeans that don't fade.

I agree with pretty much everything Morph has said. Wear what you want, but don't get upset when the negative stigma strikes you.

I wonder whether you'd get the job if you turned up in Stone River Island Dungarees (or whatever), A £35 Paul Smith T-shirt (with the slogan "Please fleece me, I have more money than sense!") and a Burberry check cod-piece you'd get the job?

What a load of bull.

People are impressed if you look smart and talk smart, and have enough spare change from your clothes shopping to get them a beer in! laugh.gif